Golf: The Majors and the minors too

Fragile Bird

That crowd surrounding Tiger on the walk down 18 was just insane and shows how big a deal his comeback is. This time last year the guy didnt even know if he would play the game again let alone compete on the pga tour, winning the tour championship seemed unlikely at best even in January this year.

Woods really doesn’t look happy out there.

Good start to the last day for Europe but they aren’t really pulling away in any of the matches they’re leading in.

ETA: Well that's it then. Barring one of Garcia or Molinari getting disqualified Europe have won the Ryder Cup. Decent effort from the Americans today but good win overall for Europe.

9 hours ago, lmanion said:

Poulter needs to bottle his ryder cup form, he would win on a regular basis if he played like he did in Ryder cup competition

He obviously feeds off the crowd energy and all the hoopla. I guess it just isn't like that on the regular tour.

• 6 months later...
6 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

@Fragile Bird

It’s that time of year, BIRD!!!

I saw the notification and I said, oh, it’s the Masters!

My big thrill today? Mike Weir shot an even round, best round in I don’t know how long for him. If he could do that tomorrow and make the cut I’d be pleased as punch. He’s had such a bad game for a decade now.

I didn't think we'd see a 15th major for Woods. Credit to him for what's obviously been a massively difficult road to get back to this level.

Honestly I'm not the biggest Tiger Woods fan but, fair play, seeing the emotion after he won was fairly touching.

Although I doubt people will believe me but I had absolute confidence in Tiger to accomplish this. I never doubted that he would one day recapture some of that glory. The world is slightly more righted today and I can sigh relief at checking off a "things I need to see", thank you Tiger.

eta: I predict a movie will be made of this. Wonder who plays Tiger, (young) and (middle aged) and will it be the same actor for the two roles?

Archived