Canadian politics- "to work! We have a government to defeat!"

maarsen

16 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

Things I'm reading are saying he was a MRA and big alt-right guy, so I assume the world will ignore this in a few days.

Incel, the term is Incel, Involuntary Celibate.

Women are such bitches, ya know.

I assume now he drove up onto the pavement when he saw a group of women to mow down. The police have said the majority of victims were women, ranging from the 20s to the 80s.

The advice we all know is ‘don’t read the comments to news stories’. It’s actually quite amusing to see  how many sneering comments there are about the police officer along the lines of ‘Canadian police can do that because there’s NO FREEDOM IN LIBTRD CANADA YOU CAN’T EVEN OWN A REAL GUN!’

21 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Incel, the term is Incel, Involuntary Celibate.

Women are such bitches, ya know.

I assume now he drove up onto the pavement when he saw a group of women to mow down. The police have said the majority of victims were women, ranging from the 20s to the 80s.

Canada has my deepest sympathies.

Here's an article from NBC this morning that discusses "incel". They mention George Sodini, who shot up a gym here because he couldn't get a woman to sleep with him. He's now revered among the dark places in cyberspace in which the murder and rape of women is not just fantasized about--these guys become gods.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/after-toronto-attack-online-misogynists-praise-suspect-new-saint-n868821

On 4/25/2018 at 9:24 AM, Crazy Cat Lady in Training said:

Canada has my deepest sympathies.

Here's an article from NBC this morning that discusses "incel". They mention George Sodini, who shot up a gym here because he couldn't get a woman to sleep with him. He's now revered among the dark places in cyberspace in which the murder and rape of women is not just fantasized about--these guys become gods.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/after-toronto-attack-online-misogynists-praise-suspect-new-saint-n868821

Just when you think the depths of human stupidity have been plumbed along comes a story like this. Do these 'men' ever stop and think that maybe no woman wants to be close to them because they are misogynistic morons and that refusing to mate with the likes of them is just evolution in action?

13 hours ago, maarsen said:

Just when you think the depths of human stupidity have been plumbed along comes a story like this. Do these 'men' ever stop and think that maybe no woman wants to be close to them because they are misogynistic morons and that refusing to mate with the likes of them is just evolution in action?

They have a massive sense of entitlement. They think they're owed a woman or sex. 

Like it or not, our mating ritual has evolved so that it's the woman who does the choosing, not the man. 

I'm surprised that one of the first mass shootings in recent memory in Canada hasn't been brought up more, the Ecole Polytecnique shooting where Gamil Gharbi (Marc Lepine) killed 13 women because of his and his father's misogynistic beliefs (and a probable mental disorder).  It was these kilings in fact that launched the largely ineffective firearms laws and acts in Canada, and still, I've rarely heard it mentioned in relation to these most recent killer with similar apparent motivations. 

2 hours ago, SerHaHa said:

I'm surprised that one of the first mass shootings in recent memory in Canada hasn't been brought up more, the Ecole Polytecnique shooting where Gamil Gharbi (Marc Lepine) killed 13 women because of his and his father's misogynistic beliefs (and a probable mental disorder).  It was these kilings in fact that launched the largely ineffective firearms laws and acts in Canada, and still, I've rarely heard it mentioned in relation to these most recent killer with similar apparent motivations. 

Largely ineffective firearms laws? In what universe?

The names of the people killed in the van attack were released by the police and 8 of the 10 were women. The ages ranged from 22 to 94.

I was stunned to find out 2 of the 10 were graduates from the same high school, a Catholic school run in the north end of the city by the same nuns that ran the high school I went to. We always joked their school was for the rich (it was originally a boarding school) and our branch was for the poor.

And you know that saying about six degrees of separation? One of those women who died was the cousin of a secretary in the office I used to work in. Damn.

On 27/04/2018 at 9:00 AM, maarsen said:

They don't, because they do not consider women to be people and they are open about demanding a world where women have no say in their own lives

18 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

The names of the people killed in the van attack were released by the police and 8 of the 10 were women. The ages ranged from 22 to 94.

I was stunned to find out 2 of the 10 were graduates from the same high school, a Catholic school run in the north end of the city by the same nuns that ran the high school I went to. We always joked their school was for the rich (it was originally a boarding school) and our branch was for the poor.

And you know that saying about six degrees of separation? One of those women who died was the cousin of a secretary in the office I used to work in. Damn.

Yeah it's been said he targeted women specifically.

Largely ineffective firearms laws? In what universe?

Sorry, I should have been more specific, ineffective because the Conservative government removed decades of work by dismantling the registry and so many other parts of C17, C33, and C68.

In political news today Doug Ford has fired his own hand picked candidate. Tanya Granic Allen, known for anti sex education views was also taped spouting anti gay and anti Islamic comments. During the leadership campaign Ford and Allen were buddies with Ford supporting her, hoping her supporters would go to him as their second pick. After winning the leadership,  he even handpicked her to be a candidate in the coming election. Now he is shocked, shocked! to find out she is phobic about anyone different from her. 

Doug Ford is such a sleazy moron.

8 hours ago, maarsen said:

In political news today Doug Ford has fired his own hand picked candidate. Tanya Granic Allen, known for anti sex education views was also taped spouting anti gay and anti Islamic comments. During the leadership campaign Ford and Allen were buddies with Ford supporting her, hoping her supporters would go to him as their second pick. After winning the leadership,  he even handpicked her to be a candidate in the coming election. Now he is shocked, shocked! to find out she is phobic about anyone different from her. 

Doug Ford is such a sleazy moron.

We were talking about this tonight at dinner and one of my friends said at least Rob Ford had a personality people liked. Doug Ford has no personality and none of his brother’s good points.

18 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

We were talking about this tonight at dinner and one of my friends said at least Rob Ford had a personality people liked. Doug Ford has no personality and none of his brother’s good points.

I used to he say he was just like Rob but without the charm.

Charm is not the only thing Ford lacks. Apparently the PC's had hired actors to show that Ford had supporters before last night's debate. 

• 3 weeks later...

More Ontario election news.

Conservative candidate being investigated for stealing names from the 407 toll highway database. Apparently these names were being used to either pad the supporters lists for nominations or for the party as a whole to use in outreach.

An NDP candidate is being vilified because she refuses to wear a poppy. 

The NDP is also even with the conservatives in the polls now as the more people see of Doug Ford, the more they dislike him. Even for Conservatives.

I just heard that the NDP has passed the PC's in the polls. Could this be because Dougie Ford was caught on tape trying to flog fake party memberships?Or was it because he followed the losing candidate home and tried to intimidate her, twice, when she file a complaint about the candidate election?

• 2 weeks later...

One day before the election and Doug Ford is still taking careful aim and shooting himself in the foot, while said foot is firmly ensconced in his mouth.  His sister in law, the grieving widow of Rob Ford has filed a lawsuit alleging that he used Rob's inheritance to shore up the failing family business. He loudly denied it but publicly available documents tend to support the sister in law's claims. 

Archived