Acrophobia 18 1/2 - Ravens from Mom, Round 6 Voting

Fragile Bird

Great, great, great film. The second half gets some stick but I think that's partially because of how extraordinary the first half is and what it has to live up to. Still, powerful stuff. I knew I'd heard it in some movies, I wouldn't have thought of Full Metal Jacket though (I should've, given the amount of insults thrown haha).

Anyway, my votes:

1st)     5.    Let not unfaithful nuances get overblown.

2nd)    6.    Listen numbnuts, unjust nobles get ousted!!!

3rd)     8.    Lions never underestimate. Now, go outmaneuver.

4th)     7.    Lousy Notion !!! Unseemingly narcissistic gambit...Opprobrious !!!

I wouldn't know to be honest. My knowledge on accent locations in the US is pretty limited. Hey The Sopranos was set in New Jersey right? Yeah that's kinda what I was referring to. I think American gangsters, I hear that accent.

Yup, sounds right. New Jersey is a very distinctive American accent. Like My Cousin Vinny. And they would say numb-nuts for sure :)

1) 9. Listen numbnuts! Unbelievable naïve.. gaining opponents.  (Anyone clever enough to start their entry with a really obscure yet funny phrase like "Listen numbnuts" is obviously deserving of a first place vote.)

Does anyone know why I can't cut and paste or quote into the comments, this has been happening for a while?

2) 2

3) 8

4) 3

1. 3.    Love? Neither understanding nor gratification oncoming.

2. 8.    Lions never underestimate. Now, go outmaneuver.

3. 5.    Let not unfaithful nuances get overblown.

4. 7.    Lousy Notion !!! Unseemingly narcissistic gambit...Opprobrious !!!

1) (Anyone clever enough to start their entry with a really obscure yet funny phrase like "Listen numbnuts" is obviously deserving of a first place vote.)

Yet, you didn't vote for the other person that used 'numbnuts'? LOL

Edit: my bday is Monday...is it too much to ask for the deadline to be on Tuesday? *puppy dog eyes*

:o

I have never been able to watch that movie.  I've tried, but it's been too...I don't know...depressing?  extreme?

But.  Good example of what an insult numbnuts was.

yeah it is pretty harsh but i guess when you seen it in person...all war pictures are ...well less extreme

Aw man, now I have to watch that movie again. It's been too long. My husband will thank you, rocksniffer. 

and i shall say you're welcome...enjoy ;)

Great, great, great film. The second half gets some stick but I think that's partially because of how extraordinary the first half is and what it has to live up to. Still, powerful stuff. I knew I'd heard it in some movies, I wouldn't have thought of Full Metal Jacket though (I should've, given the amount of insults thrown haha).

<snip>

this is my rifle...this is my gun....this is for fighting...this is for fun

or better still

how can you shoot women and children?

...easy, ya just don't lead them as much...ain't war hell?

1st   7.    Lousy Notion !!! Unseemingly narcissistic gambit...Opprobrious !!!

2nd  3.    Love? Neither understanding nor gratification oncoming.

3rd  4.    Lovey, no! Unthinkable, nasty, Gregor-like overture! 

4th   6.    Listen numbnuts, unjust nobles get ousted!!!

First: 2.    Lovers? Nana understands. New grandchild obtained?

Second: 4.    Lovey, no! Unthinkable, nasty, Gregor-like overture!

Third: 6.    Listen numbnuts, unjust nobles get ousted!!!
Fourth: 11.  Lannisters never unthinkingly nix greenseeing others!

1st - 8.    Lions never underestimate. Now, go outmaneuver.

2nd - 3.    Love? Neither understanding nor gratification oncoming.

3rd - 6.    Listen numbnuts, unjust nobles get ousted!!!

4th - 11.  Lannisters never unthinkingly nix greenseeing others!   Because my last name is in there! (Nix)

HM - 5.    Let not unfaithful nuances get overblown.

ROUND 1 Voting

The first question is, do we care if mom is still alive? Well, what fun would that be? Half the major characters don't have a living mom, so I think we should be able to imagine what their moms would say to them if they were around.

Our first character is Jaime Lannister. We hear a few times what Cersei thought about Jaime pushing Bran out the window, what would his mom have said?

Joanna Lannister to her son, Jaime:

1.     Leave now!!! Understanding nasty going’s on. Woofless  [3rd,4th - SNA]
2.     Lovers? Nana understands. New grandchild obtained?  Emmit  [1st - yomi], [2nd - HH], [3rd,4th - StSn, SNA, Lady B]
3.     Love? Neither understanding nor gratification oncoming.  Dolorous Gabe  [1st - Emmit], [2nd - Julia H, lil' gh], [3rd,4th - shadow, HH]
4.     Lovey, no! Unthinkable, nasty, Gregor-like overture!  Lady Blizardborn  [2nd - Woofless, Night Q, yomi], [3rd,4th - Julia H, StSn]
5.     Let not unfaithful nuances get overblown.  Ser Not Appearing  [1st - shadow, DG], [3rd,4th - Emmit]
6.     Listen numbnuts, unjust nobles get ousted!!!  Howlin' Howland  [1st - StSn], [2nd - DG, SNA], [3rd,4th - rocks, yomi, lil'gh, Woofless, Julia H]
7.     Lousy Notion !!! Unseemingly narcissistic gambit...Opprobrious !!!  rocksniffer  [1st - Woofless, Night Q, Julia H], [2nd - Lady B], [3rd,4th - shadow, DG, Emmit]
8.     Lions never underestimate. Now, go outmaneuver.  Stonehearted Snake  [1st - rocks, Lady B, lil'gh], [ 2nd - shadow, Emmit], [3rd,4th - DG, HH, Night Q]
9.     Listen numbnuts! Unbelievably naive.. gaining opponents.  lil' ghost  [1st - HH], [3rd,4th - Woofless, rocks]
10.   Lordling,
         Nauseating, utterly nefarious, gross offense.  Julia H.  [3rd,4th - Night Q, Lady B]
11.   Lannisters never unthinkingly nix greenseeing others!  Night's Queen  [1st - SNA], [2nd - rocks, StSn], [3rd,4th - yomi, lil'gh]

RESULTS

1.     Stonehearted Snake  1 + 1 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2  =  20

2.     rocksniffer  1 + 1 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2  =  18

3.     Howlin' Howland  1 + 1 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1  =  14

4.     Dolorous Gabe  1 + 1 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1  =  11

4.     Night's Queen  1 + 1 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1  =  11

6.     Emmit  1 + 1 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1  =  10

6.     Lady Blizzardborn  1 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1  =  10

8.     Ser Not Appearing  1 + 1 + 3 + 3 + 1  =  9

9.     lil' ghost  1 + 1 + 3 + 1 + 1  =  7

10.   Julia H.  1 + 1 + 1 + 1  =  4

11.   Woofless  1 + 1 + 1  = 3

12.   a shadow  1

13.   yomi  1

Our new game is off to a good start for Stonehearted Snake, who takes the lead with the most points but shares the first place points with rocksniffer, who is breathing down his neck in 2nd place.  The 'sniffer is going to be mighty disappointed when he comes back from fishing with the favourite nieces to find out he's not in last place!  Howlin' Howland comes in third with the better numbnuts, and then Dolorous Gabe and our last game's winner, Emmit, round up the top five.

Notice how I snuck in a reference to last game's winner?  :D

As usual, please double check your point count, cause mistakes happen.

See we keep our apartment so cold we need blankets to stay warm. And since the apartment is so small, we can afford it.

My problem is that I try very hard to be green, in the environmental sense, not the I-had-too-much-to-drink sense. About 5 years ago the electrical authority started a program called PeakSaver. The idea was while you were out of the house at work, when a heat wave was on, they would raise the temperature of your air conditioner a few degrees, using a gizmo attached to the unit's electrical connection, thus saving power at high demand periods.

However, the program seems to have changed. They have raised the temperature more than a few degrees, and they don't seem to drop it after-peak. And they are doing it on the weekends as well, which supposedly is an off-peak period. I don't keep my house very cold, 73 or 74 degrees, and I now work from home. The house has been at 77 or 78, and when I turn on lights (low energy LED bulbs0 and the computer, the room rapidly goes to 79 or 80. I really can't work in 80 degree temperatures.

I came home late. Nothing had been on all evening, and it's night. The central part of the house is 79, and it will be warmer upstairs.

I will be calling the electrical authority to cancel my participation, I can't take it anymore.

Archived