What semi- Minor characters will have an expanded role by the end of AWOW?

Logicsbane

i think a few secondary characters will become major characters as the story rolls on. Nobody will supplant Jon, Arya, Tyrion or Dany in the ' Big Four', but I do see the following characters having even bigger roles by the time ADOS roles around.

1. Rickon Stark
2. Davos Seaworth
3. Euron Greyjoy
4. Sam Tarly
5. Howlan Reed
6. Lancell Lanister

Ok, those were mostly no brainers....but what about the Darkhorse picks?
7. Sandor Clegane
8. Myrcella Boratheon
????

Thoughts? We all know a lot of people will die soon, so who's gonna step up and be a major player by books end? And no, this does not mean they will become POV characters if they are not a
Ready, just characters that get a lot more mention and have a greater impact on the tale.

The Alayne chapter makes me think Shadrick (The Mad Mouse) will at least be significant in WINDS.

I don't think Lancel's going to become a major character, but rather he'll have a major moment. Same with Howland Reed... I HOPE!

I'm anxious to know how Rickon's doing.

And hells to the yeahs for Sandor! I wish he'd get a POV chapter. :D

The Alayne chapter makes me think Shadrick (The Mad Mouse) will at least be significant in WINDS.

I don't think Lancel's going to become a major character, but rather he'll have a major moment. Same with Howland Reed... I HOPE!

I'm anxious to know how Rickon's doing.

And hells to the yeahs for Sandor! I wish he'd get a POV chapter. :D

Sandor Clegane is just wishful thinking on my part. He was probably my favorite 3rd tier character, and I think he has some good to offer the World. I think it would be great if Sansa somehow becomes an Elite Noble ( Queen, lady of the North, Lady of the Vale, Or what have you, and the Hound becomes her body guard, much like he was Joffreys).

Hopefully the grave digger is Sandor , and he has a moment of truth....something like " Hey, I'm a tough mother fucker, but I don't enjoy killing anymore, but will do it if I have to, or for the right reasons". I truly believe he was heading that way anyway, and protecting Arya was a real positive purpose in his life.

Darkstar

Not a bad choice if you ask me.

Just to add to my original post, I suppose BloodRaven could just drift away to a permanent sleep once he's finished teaching Bran.....or he can start seriously getting involved in the world again. It's a coin flip for me whether or not he has any purpose beyond teaching Bran how to do his thing.

Don't really see how Samwell or Davos can be considered minor characters, since they are two of the mayor POV's who tell the story.

You are right about Rickon Stark, Howland Reed, Euron Greyjoy and Lancel Lannister though.

I'd like to add Harrold Hardyng, Sarella Sand, Daemon Sand, Gerold Dayne, Borroq, Marwyn.

And many others.

Don't really see how Samwell or Davos can be considered minor characters, since they are two of the mayor POV's who tell the story.

You are right about Rickon Stark, Howland Reed, Euron Greyjoy and Lancel Lannister though.

I'd like to add Harrold Hardyng, Sarella Sand, Daemon Sand, Gerold Dayne, Borroq, Marwyn.

And many others.

Certainly not minor characters, but their tales so far have been in support of Jon and Stannis's, from obviously another point of view. Certainly 2nd if not 3rd tier characters so far....but their stock IMO is climbing.

Interestig takes.  What makes you think Lancel Lannister will be in the spotlight?

I'm not really sure. Personally, I can't stand him, but he is a Lannister. I believe his bloodlines are stronger than his faith, and that he will use his station with the Faith Militant to achieve something more than the will of the seven or whatever.

• 2 weeks later...

I think Euron is destined to take on a major role in TWOW, likewise Asha.   I hope Sandor will reappear.   Not even minor characters, but Leyton Hightower and The Mad Maid need to be heard from as I expect the Citadel will be a focal point of Winds.   Hoping for more backstory from Ned Dayne, even Darkstar.  As the story approaches its climax we should be in for a lot of representatives of magic to become more vocal so Blood Raven, Leaf, Mel and Marwin should all be illuminating their real motives.  

Archived