Amazing Book Deals V.2

HexMachina

The Blade Itself by Joe Abercrombie is the Kindle daily deal.  On sale for $1.99

The Lies of Loch Lamora is also $1.99 for the Kindle version.

And if anyone is looking to get into Robin Hobb, The Assassin's Apprentice is ...yup. $1.99 for the Kindle version.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

One More Day to Download the First Malazan Novel Gardens of the Moon!

The September pick for the Tor.com eBook Club is Gardens of the Moon, the first novel in the complete Malazan Book of the Fallen fantasy series by Steven Erikson. The free download of the book is only available to Tor.com eBook Club readers until midnight EST on Wednesday, September 7th!

The Etched City by K.J. Bishop for 1.99$

• 2 weeks later...

For those in the UK* Gollancz have a sale on a selection of ebooks this weekend http://www.gollancz.co.uk/2016/09/the-gollancz-festival-ebook-sale/ some nice titles in there eg the Abercrombie short story collection, the De Bodard fantasy post apocalypse. 

*perhaps wider, I do remember last year it worked in the Netherlands as well, but not so far.

eta: ah, google play (not listed on that gollancz site) is waking up to the sale, so it is international available.

6 hours ago, Seli said:

eta: ah, google play (not listed on that gollancz site) is waking up to the sale, so it is international available.

Hmm, not in the US on Googleplay. Dang, I was hoping to get a deal on the Sharp Ends eBook, since I keep forgetting about my physical copy.

3 minutes ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Hmm, not in the US on Googleplay. Dang, I was hoping to get a deal on the Sharp Ends eBook, since I keep forgetting about my physical copy.

I don't know about Google play, but I got Sharp Ends off Amazon US a couple of hours ago, at $1.11 or something.

That is... extremely weird. I didn't even expect to see the deal apply to me, i just got redirected from the UK site and there it was! I don't often qualify for any of the US kindle discounts because they don't apply to Greece, or it's a different price. That is certainly a first for me.

1 hour ago, RedEyedGhost said:

I checked there before I checked google and it was $12.99 for Kindle (and I just double checked and it still is). Maybe they're starting to check IP addresses for their discounts :dunno:

Strange (and irritating), I see it as 1.11 in the .com kindle store (end the Heroes for 2.24). Must be a region-check thing. It shows similar prices in the Dutch version of the kindle store.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

"The Interior Life" by Dorothy Heydt (Katherine Blake) is available for free download :

http://www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/point.html

I have repeatedly  heard that it was a very good or even excellent  book that was shamefully mishandled by Baen, which had been it's original publisher, and a very bad fit for the kind of book it is. Here is to hoping that the hearsay was right!

Helen Wecker's excellent The Golem and the Jinni is 1.99$ on Amazon.

Dan Simmons' Carrion Comfort is 2.99$ on Amazon.

Finally, Paul Tremblay's A Head Full of Ghosts is also 1.99$ on Amazon

Not sure if those prices are matched by other online platforms. And yes, sadly, it appears that these discounts are only available on this side of the Atlantic. Maybe someone could confirm?

Archived