Amazing Book Deals V.2

HexMachina

On 10/30/2016 at 8:53 PM, Lord Patrek said:

Helen Wecker's excellent The Golem and the Jinni is 1.99$ on Amazon.

Dan Simmons' Carrion Comfort is 2.99$ on Amazon.

Finally, Paul Tremblay's A Head Full of Ghosts is also 1.99$ on Amazon

Not sure if those prices are matched by other online platforms. And yes, sadly, it appears that these discounts are only available on this side of the Atlantic. Maybe someone could confirm?

Becky Chambers' The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet is also included in this lot of books.  Nook and Kobo also.  Although, Kobo users don't seem to like it nearly as much as Kindle and Nook users :lol: 

• 3 weeks later...

THE RULES OF SUPERVILLAINY by me and TO BEAT THE DEVIL by Michael Gibson will be available for free from Friday, November 25th to Sunday, November 27th. If you enjoy dark superheroes, cyberpunk hellish fantasies, and lots and lots of black humor--either of these books will be for you.

https://www.amazon.com/Rules-Supervillainy-Saga/dp/1514269392/

https://www.amazon.com/Beat-Devil-Technomancer-Novels/dp/153073455X/

One of this year's SF novels I enjoyed a lot "Ninefox Gambit" by Yoon Ha Lee is currently on sale for around $0.99 http://www.solarisbooks.com/post/1697 This price does not show up (yet?) for me in all stores.

It is part of an advent sale by Solaris/Rebellion Publishing that might have some more interesting offers in the next week.

Other free kindle books on US Amazon, all from Open Road Media

Sailing to Byzantium: Six Novellas by Robert Silverberg

The Light Ages by Ian R. MacLeod

House of Storms by Ian R. MacLeod

Several other MacLeods

From the Teeth of Angels by Jonathan Carroll

A Child Across the Sky by Jonathan Carroll

After Silence by Jonathan Carroll

Kissing the Beehive by Jonathan Carroll

The Marriage of Sticks by Jonathan Carroll

The Sinai Tapestry by Edward Whittemore, plus the other 3 novels in the Jerusalem Quartet

Saffron and Brimstone: Strange Stories by Elizabeth Hand

The Saliva Tree: Stories by Brian W. Aldiss

Strange Trades by Paul Di Filippo, plus several other of his collections

And hundreds other, these were just the authors I was interested in.  I searched for "Open Road Media Sci-Fi & Fantasy", sorted by price, and there were about 30 pages worth of ebooks currently free.  Not sure if this is a sale or if so, how long it will run.

21 hours ago, lady narcissa said:

The Open Road Media "sale" lasts till midnight.  5,000 of their title are currently free.  I just downloaded 20 of them.

The sale lasts through the 20th, according to a Facebook post by an Open Road employee.

I was at 277 "bought" by the time I got through the full list.

Some other authors with at least one book, and sometimes a dozen or more, included: May Sarton, Fritz Lieber, Hortense Calisher, Pat Murphy, Iris Murdoch, Greg Keyes, Mary Gordon, Rick Moody, Francine Prose, Fred Kaplan, Denton Welch, James Jones, Tariq Ali, John Shirley, Barbara Hambly, Tanith Lee, Jane Yolen, Carol Shields, Andre Dubus, John Ashbery, Alice Walker, John Brunner, Bel Kaufman, Poppy Z. Brite, Anne Perry, Paul Monette, Frank O'Connor, Joe Haldeman, Peter Dickinson, James Beard, Lawrence Durrell, Clifford D. Simak, Patricia C. Wrede, Mary Renault, Theodore Sturgeon, John Gardner, Roger Angell, Harlan Ellison, George Steiner, Alison Lurie, and Samuel R. Delany.

Joe Abercrombie's First Law books are on sale at around 0.99, the whole trilogy in the UK by the look of it, amazon com only shows the first one for that prize.

Google play shows me the trilogy as well as 'the Heroes' for 0.99.

Archived