Amazing Book Deals V.2

HexMachina

The ebook version of the first book in the Lymond Chronicles by Dorothy Dunnett - The Game of Kings - is $1.99 on (US) amazon right now.  It's normally $11.99 so quite a good deal.  Even though I have it in hardback and paperback I picked it up at this price since the print on those copies is quite small and this will make a reread much easier! 

Throne of the Crescent Moon by Saladin Ahmed is $1.99 right now.  I liked this book.  A romp with good worldbuilding and a grumpy old man as the character.

Also A Human Stain by Kelly Robson is still $0.99.  Novellette, about a 1 hour read and I liked it.

4 hours ago, biscotti said:

UK Kindle's Monthly Deals have Noumenon by Marina J. Lostetter at £1.99, The Light Fantastic by Terry Pratchett at £1.99, and House of Chains by Steven Erikson at £0.99 (although somewhat bizarrely, Malazan books 1-3 and 5-10 are still full price).

That's because the previous Malazan books were already on sale earlier in the year. I bought Deadhouse Gates in March, Memories of Ice in April and House of Chains this month. I think Gardens of the Moon was February but I had already bought the kindle version of it. I normally go through the monthly deals at the start of each month and have noticed this pattern with a few different series. They'll put successive books on sale each month. That's how I got all of Rankin's Rebus novels for 99p over the course of last year. I wouldn't be surprised if Midnight Tides is the book on sale in June.

6 hours ago, zapp said:

That's because the previous Malazan books were already on sale earlier in the year. I bought Deadhouse Gates in March, Memories of Ice in April and House of Chains this month. I think Gardens of the Moon was February but I had already bought the kindle version of it. I normally go through the monthly deals at the start of each month and have noticed this pattern with a few different series. They'll put successive books on sale each month. That's how I got all of Rankin's Rebus novels for 99p over the course of last year. I wouldn't be surprised if Midnight Tides is the book on sale in June.

I sense a pattern emerging...

Shame I missed out on book 2 at the cheap price.

4 hours ago, Lord Patrek said:

Really??? There is a faction on Reddit that pimps this book basically every day.

Oh well, only lost 3$. . .

Is definitely a love it or hate it book, and there's a few people on here that loved it.  For me it's the worst book I've read in the past three years.  It did start out well, but he lost me about halfway through.

Archived