Sansa Stoneheart? (book spoilers)

Zoe Stark

So those of you who've read the books are very well aware of the LSH story. (I am not one of you, I've only looked into LSH on the internet so please correct me if any of this is wrong.) It's obviously too late to bring her onto the show, but do you think the show runners will bring her in as "Sansa Stoneheart"? This would make room for some seriously long awaited Stark revenge on the Boltons and Freys in the show, as it has been ignored for, like, two seasons now.

Some of the foreshadowing from season 5 and reasoning I have gathered:

• Sansa is beginning to look more and more like Catelyn, especially with her hair. Pretty obvious. 
  • Littlefinger's "Avenge them," scene; veryyyyyy literal foreshadowing.
  • She basically forced Reek to turn back into Theon and she was obviously very bitter towards him since he failed her (more than once) and her family, so this could be the LSH "Brienne, go kill Jamie" parallel.
  • Theon wore Robb's clothes at her wedding, which might have reintroduced her anger toward the Red Wedding events. 
  • Sansa already seems a bit on her way to Lady Stoneheart-status with her valiant escape with Theon from Ramsay. This would prove the importance of her abuse (in a really messed up way) by giving her even more of a reason to want revenge, and it would also give The North the justice it deserves.
  • There is also the fact that Brienne's plot now seems irrelevant, so if she was to team up with/pledge herself loyal to Sansa, they could carry out the book's plot after all

One of my theories off of this is that the Free Folk find her and rally behind her, as she is Jon's sister, and they basically serve as her army thanks to their common cause. The army of the Vale might jump in there at some point as well. Wishful thinking, maybe, but it kind of makes sense. 

I don't know if this has been talked about yet, but this just occurred to me and I had to make this thread. I've posted about it before in other threads, but I just want to open a discussion for more validation or debate. So please, correct me, add on, or argue with me. I don't care. Just discuss :dunno:

So those of you who've read the books are very well aware of the LSH story. (I am not one of you, I've only looked into LSH on the internet so please correct me if any of this is wrong.) It's obviously too late to bring her onto the show, but do you think the show runners will bring her in as "Sansa Stoneheart"? This would make room for some seriously long awaited Stark revenge on the Boltons and Freys in the show, as it has been ignored for, like, two seasons now.

• Sansa is beginning to look more and more like Catelyn, especially with her hair. Pretty obvious. 
  • She basically forced Reek to turn back into Theon and she was obviously very bitter towards him since he failed her (more than once) and her family, so this could be the LSH "Brienne, go kill Jamie" parallel.
  • Theon wore Robb's clothes at her wedding, which might have reintroduced her anger toward the Red Wedding events. 
  • Sansa already seems a bit on her way to Lady Stoneheart-status with her valiant escape with Theon from Ramsay. This would prove the importance of her abuse (in a really messed up way) by giving her even more of a reason to want revenge, and it would also give The North the justice it deserves.
  • There is also the fact that Brienne's plot now seems irrelevant, so if she was to team up with/pledge herself loyal to Sansa, they could carry out the book's plot after all

One of my theories off of this is that the Free Folk find her and rally behind her, as she is Jon's sister, and they basically serve as her army thanks to their common cause. The army of the Vale might jump in there at some point as well. Wishful thinking, maybe, but it kind of makes sense. 

I don't know if this has been talked about yet, but this just occurred to me and I had to make this thread. I've posted about it before in other threads, but I just want to open a discussion for more validation or debate. So please, correct me, add on, or argue with me. I don't care. Just discuss :dunno:

It's been talked about, and many can see her taking on LSH ( I'm one ), it's how far will she go into that role most of us question, if Sansa goes full LSH and starts killing innocent people and not the people directly associated with killing her family then she will loose what is the best part of her, namely her humanity.

Sansa in book still has it and shows it even to people who wronged her but not involved with killing her family.

ETA: also in show she may now have a beef with Brienne, since she left her watch to act on her revenge leaving Sansa to her own.

I'm not too keen on her taking on a LSH type of role, but it is an interesting idea for her character arc. 

The question is, where will she go? My theory for the show is she will try to head north to the Wall, where she recently found out her stepbrother was in a position of power (from her discussion with Ramsay on the battlements of Winterfell).

And how far will she be from Winterfell once the Boltons find out her and Theon have escaped? Winter seems to have already gripped the North, and Ramsay has a rather, let's say, successful kennel at his disposal.

As for Brienne, what will she do? She has apparently fulfilled her duty to her first love Renly by (supposedly) delivering a death stroke to Stannis. I don't see her and Podrick suddenly crossing paths with Sansa & Theon, and good luck fending off dogs hunting in a pack and "20 good men" with a single Valyrian blade. 

We shall see though. Also, welcome to the boards!  :cheers:

I'm not too keen on her taking on a LSH type of role, but it is an interesting idea for her character arc. 

The question is, where will she go? My theory for the show is she will try to head north to the Wall, where she recently found out her stepbrother was in a position of power (from her discussion with Ramsay on the battlements of Winterfell).

And how far will she be from Winterfell once the Boltons find out her and Theon have escaped? Winter seems to have already gripped the North, and Ramsay has a rather, let's say, successful kennel at his disposal.

As for Brienne, what will she do? She has apparently fulfilled her duty to her first love Renly by (supposedly) delivering a death stroke to Stannis. I don't see her and Podrick suddenly crossing paths with Sansa & Theon, and good luck fending off dogs hunting in a pack and "20 good men" with a single Valyrian blade. 

We shall see though. Also, welcome to the boards!  :cheers:

Thank you! I've looked at this site for a while, and I finally caved and made an account.  :drunk:

I agree that she will head north to the Wall. Some say she might go back to the Vale, but I know she has her suspicions about Littlefinger so that doesn't seem likely. The only people she trusts completely is her family, the closest being Jon at the Wall. But yeah, she'll run into some trouble with Ramsay, especially after Theon killed Miranda in a very sloppy fashion. They'll know she's gone right away, but that's why I'm hoping the Free Folk find her and help her.

Although I love Brienne, her storyline has gotten very dry. Unless she finds Sansa, I don't see her going any further in the story. That is, if she actually did kill Stannis which is another story for another day.

If Mel was near Brienne I would say yes but she is not and they are not killing Sansa to be resurected. I also do not think Dondarion and the BWB were walking up behind Briene when Stannis appeared to be looking behind her although I think there is something more to that scene. No, there will be no Lady Stoneheart.

If Mel was near Brienne I would say yes but she is not and they are not killing Sansa to be resurected. I also do not think Dondarion and the BWB were walking up behind Briene when Stannis appeared to be looking behind her although I think there is something more to that scene. No, there will be no Lady Stoneheart.

They do not need to kills Sansa or have her reanimated, all they need to do ( which they already did along with GRRM ) is have her continuously think what the Freys, Bolton and Lannisters did to her family and find out LF treason to her; then take away her humanity and give her a heart of stone.

I think Sansa is a dead girl walking, so it's possible.  Sansa lost her wolf, so she has no protection from the Old Gods.  She also betrayed her family by telling Cersei that Ned was sending her out of Kings Landing.  So bad karma is coming for her, unfortunately.

I don't think a child gets bad karma, and she may survive because she doesn't have a wolf, she's one Stark that isn't tied to magic.

I think Sansa is a dead girl walking, so it's possible.  Sansa lost her wolf, so she has no protection from the Old Gods.  She also betrayed her family by telling Cersei that Ned was sending her out of Kings Landing.  So bad karma is coming for her, unfortunately.

She did what she had to lol. "bad karma"

I'm kinda liking the idea but I think that like more of this would happen: Northmen/Clans hear there is Stark in Winterfell (many haven't heard) and they kinda join her side and more and more so. She takes down the Boltons and the other twats then she kinda becomes the Queen of Winterfell. A lot of extra stuff but I'm just saying the main points.

They do not need to kills Sansa or have her reanimated, all they need to do ( which they already did along with GRRM ) is have her continuously think what the Freys, Bolton and Lannisters did to her family and find out LF treason to her; then take away her humanity and give her a heart of stone.

Yes, especially after being raped, how much of Sansa Stark as we knew her in S 1, E 1 is left? A mental snap and breakdown due to what she has gone through would do it. I would love this so much more than being a continous victim, especially raped some more. I could not take that again. It is bad whenever it happens no matter whom it happens to but her I have a soft spot for.

I would want Littlefinger at the top of that list.

A Sansa Stoneheart solution would make some sense which is why I don't think it will happen. Believeing in this solution would mean assuming that there was a plan for Show!Sansa's future after being broken at Winterhell or that the showrunners are now searching for a path forward for this character in order to keep the story consistent. D&D aren't logical like that. Season 5 made that very clear. Trying to find logic in all of this or trying to find a creative and logical way (Sansa Stoneheart) out of this means overestimating D&D's abilities as writers.

Not to mention: how could she become LSH when the riverlands have ceased to exist on the show?

Perhaps they'll just leave her out of S 6 until they find a way to jam her back into the story Martin is planning for her. The show has so far ignored several characters for seasons because they didn't know what to do with them. Gendry is still paddling. The Blackfish is gods know where. Beric and Thoros have never been heard of after S3. Asha Yara and her killers could be at the Summer Isles by now. Even Bran hasn't appeared for an entire season!

A Sansa Stoneheart solution would make some sense which is why I don't think it will happen. Believeing in this solution would mean assuming that there was a plan for Show!Sansa's future after being broken at Winterhell or that the showrunners are now searching for a path forward for this character in order to keep the story consistent. D&D aren't logical like that. Season 5 made that very clear. Trying to find logic in all of this or trying to find a creative and logical way (Sansa Stoneheart) out of this means overestimating D&D's abilities as writers.

Not to mention: how could she become LSH when the riverlands have ceased to exist on the show?

Perhaps they'll just leave her out of S 6 until they find a way to jam her back into the story Martin is planning for her. The show has so far ignored several characters for seasons because they didn't know what to do with them. Gendry is still paddling. The Blackfish is gods know where. Beric and Thoros have never been heard of after S3. Asha Yara and her killers could be at the Summer Isles by now. Even Bran hasn't appeared for an entire season!

RL may be back in S6, and Sophie is in filming now, so they aren't letting her skip a season, the time for that was passed when they took her out of the Vale.

Littlefinger's "Avenge them," scene; veryyyyyy literal foreshadowing.

That wasn't really "foreshadowing".  That was literally what she was trying to do (supposedly) in the same season; she just had no plan and utterly sucked at it.

The theory about Sansa taking on Stoneheart's role has been floating around for a while, but I really don't see how it can be thought plausible based on how the season played out.  The character really hasn't gotten darker, in any meaningful sense; Sophie's still playing her as basically good-hearted.

That wasn't really "foreshadowing".  That was literally what she was trying to do (supposedly) in the same season; she just had no plan and utterly sucked at it.

The theory about Sansa taking on Stoneheart's role has been floating around for a while, but I really don't see how it can be thought plausible based on how the season played out.  The character really hasn't gotten darker, in any meaningful sense; Sophie's still playing her as basically good-hearted.

I do think the writers have been trying to (in their own way) bring the darkness out of Sansa. They're beginning to introduce that part of her, as they have taken away the last bit of her innocence and ignorance with events like her rape/abuse and being forced to marry the son of her mother's and brother's murderer. There's also the fact that she's beginning to adapt some of Baelish's deceptive and manipulative qualities, which could lead her down a very dark path. What we saw at the end of season 5 was a desperate and scared girl. I think in season 6 she's completely going to shed the victim archetype and take on something much stronger. We saw a few traces of that, especially in her confrontation with Miranda while bathing: "Winterfell is my home and you will not frighten me." 

Since her plan of revenge- or lack of a plan- have failed horribly, I don't think she's going to sideline herself and give up. She's definitely not finished with the Boltons. They Freys will ultimately be farther down the road, but I do think she'll go after them if she gets the chance. Although she is not yet a Stoneheart, I still have faith in her, as well as Sophie's acting skills.

I do think the writers have been trying to (in their own way) bring the darkness out of Sansa. They're beginning to introduce that part of her, as they have taken away the last bit of her innocence and ignorance with events like her rape/abuse and being forced to marry the son of her mother's and brother's murderer. There's also the fact that she's beginning to adapt some of Baelish's deceptive and manipulative qualities, which could lead her down a very dark path. What we saw at the end of season 5 was a desperate and scared girl. I think in season 6 she's completely going to shed the victim archetype and take on something much stronger. We saw a few traces of that, especially in her confrontation with Miranda while bathing: "Winterfell is my home and you will not frighten me." 

Since her plan of revenge- or lack of a plan- have failed horribly, I don't think she's going to sideline herself and give up. She's definitely not finished with the Boltons. They Freys will ultimately be farther down the road, but I do think she'll go after them if she gets the chance. Although she is not yet a Stoneheart, I still have faith in her, as well as Sophie's acting skills.

Sophie is a much better actress than she has been given credit for and it must have been difficult after the way season 4 ended, to come in and fulfill her scrips that they gave her season 5. She did not write this stuff but had to act it out, whether it made sense or not. tough break.

A lot of people thought that Sansa was going to 'go dark' after last season, but this season there was no trace of that in her characterization.  "Darth Sansa" was basically just a costume; her actual behaviour hasn't really changed.  I mean, she gets angry (who wouldn't? And that's nothing new, either), but I haven't seen anything that suggests she's going to embrace the dark side.  Indeed, she spends the whole season being righteously angry and never even attempts anything unethical.

Archived