Sansa Stoneheart? (book spoilers)

Zoe Stark

So those of you who've read the books are very well aware of the LSH story. (I am not one of you, I've only looked into LSH on the internet so please correct me if any of this is wrong.) It's obviously too late to bring her onto the show, but do you think the show runners will bring her in as "Sansa Stoneheart"? This would make room for some seriously long awaited Stark revenge on the Boltons and Freys in the show, as it has been ignored for, like, two seasons now.

Some of the foreshadowing from season 5 and reasoning I have gathered:

• Sansa is beginning to look more and more like Catelyn, especially with her hair. Pretty obvious. 
  • Littlefinger's "Avenge them," scene; veryyyyyy literal foreshadowing.
  • She basically forced Reek to turn back into Theon and she was obviously very bitter towards him since he failed her (more than once) and her family, so this could be the LSH "Brienne, go kill Jamie" parallel.
  • Theon wore Robb's clothes at her wedding, which might have reintroduced her anger toward the Red Wedding events. 
  • Sansa already seems a bit on her way to Lady Stoneheart-status with her valiant escape with Theon from Ramsay. This would prove the importance of her abuse (in a really messed up way) by giving her even more of a reason to want revenge, and it would also give The North the justice it deserves.
  • There is also the fact that Brienne's plot now seems irrelevant, so if she was to team up with/pledge herself loyal to Sansa, they could carry out the book's plot after all
One of my theories off of this is that the Free Folk find her and rally behind her, as she is Jon's sister, and they basically serve as her army thanks to their common cause. The army of the Vale might jump in there at some point as well. Wishful thinking, maybe, but it kind of makes sense. 

I don't know if this has been talked about yet, but this just occurred to me and I had to make this thread. I've posted about it before in other threads, but I just want to open a discussion for more validation or debate. So please, correct me, add on, or argue with me. I don't care. Just discuss :dunno:

This⬆️
The show needs to converge characters and story lines, and Sansa taking on the role of Lady Stoneheart seems an obvious choice. I hadn't thought about the free folk, but they could definitely be her allies, even if they don't bend the knee.
My thinking is that all of the different story lines need to start converging pretty quickly to move the story along, and that this is the task of Season 6. So a Sansa, Theon, LF, Vale, Free Folk, Bolton, Lords of the North convergence makes sense to me.

While I doubt LSH will be introduced, it technically isn't too late. If Bran can get to the end of his written arc a season early, LSH can show up a season late. It wouldn't be all that different from how it happened in the books if she got the opening scene in S6E1. We haven't seen hide or hair of Berric in ages, and he was alive when last we heard.

Sure, why not? One of the core principles of Sansa's character in the books is that she is genuinely kind and decent. It would be in keeping with the show to completely ignore that and turn her into one more character obsessed with vengeance.

Wow...those are not the first words I would think of when I think of Sansa. What scenes are you thinking of that give you that impression? Not saying they haven't highlighted some strong character positives, just not those.

Wow...those are not the first words I would think of when I think of Sansa. What scenes are you thinking of that give you that impression? Not saying they haven't highlighted some strong character positives, just not those.

Where has she been evil or mean, or murderous?

Not counting being snobbish to her sister, she has been one of the few kind people in the series and is seemed liked by most.

I can see the producers making her LSH and why they would, I hope they don't, as angry as she was with Theon, she was most successful with him by using reasoning on him and reminding him how close he was with Bran and Rickon.

This doesn't mean she can't be a little bit threatening and dangerous to the people who hurt her and her family, I just don't see / want her killing anyone and everyone .  

That's just it. She's the good girl. But you want the bad pussy. She's been screwed over and screwed over again and again and while everyone says hey, Arya's the darth one maybe Sansa's gonna be twice as bad.

Dramatic Irony™

I hated that line, like some high schooler wrote it.

My parents always told me it's the quiet ones to be careful of.

Maybe its another meta line. Epic foreshadowing.

for who? Bronn.

I don't see anything happening in Dorne tying in with Sansa.

Now when Bronn and Tyrion talked about killing children that perked my ears.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived