Sansa Stoneheart? (book spoilers)

Zoe Stark

just read this, lol. Books, Balerion the cat though is more like it. the one Arya was trying to catch in the Red Keep and Black Cells.

Ser Pounce, Meryn Trant's white cloak replacement. The only kingsguard Syrio Forel would have run from.

No, Sansa will not become Lady Stoneheart unless she is killed off by LF which would be shocking. Given the show, it may not be so surprising. She knows the truth about what happened with Lysa in the Vale. Without a fire priest of light around, no not gona happen unless Mel comes with resurrected Jon and a rag tag assembly of Wun Wun, wildings, Northern lords and contront the Boltons and the Vale. The Battle of the Three Armies.

So those of you who've read the books are very well aware of the LSH story. (I am not one of you, I've only looked into LSH on the internet so please correct me if any of this is wrong.) It's obviously too late to bring her onto the show, but do you think the show runners will bring her in as "Sansa Stoneheart"? This would make room for some seriously long awaited Stark revenge on the Boltons and Freys in the show, as it has been ignored for, like, two seasons now.

Some of the foreshadowing from season 5 and reasoning I have gathered:

• Sansa is beginning to look more and more like Catelyn, especially with her hair. Pretty obvious. 
  • Littlefinger's "Avenge them," scene; veryyyyyy literal foreshadowing.
  • She basically forced Reek to turn back into Theon and she was obviously very bitter towards him since he failed her (more than once) and her family, so this could be the LSH "Brienne, go kill Jamie" parallel.
  • Theon wore Robb's clothes at her wedding, which might have reintroduced her anger toward the Red Wedding events. 
  • Sansa already seems a bit on her way to Lady Stoneheart-status with her valiant escape with Theon from Ramsay. This would prove the importance of her abuse (in a really messed up way) by giving her even more of a reason to want revenge, and it would also give The North the justice it deserves.
  • There is also the fact that Brienne's plot now seems irrelevant, so if she was to team up with/pledge herself loyal to Sansa, they could carry out the book's plot after all
One of my theories off of this is that the Free Folk find her and rally behind her, as she is Jon's sister, and they basically serve as her army thanks to their common cause. The army of the Vale might jump in there at some point as well. Wishful thinking, maybe, but it kind of makes sense. 

I don't know if this has been talked about yet, but this just occurred to me and I had to make this thread. I've posted about it before in other threads, but I just want to open a discussion for more validation or debate. So please, correct me, add on, or argue with me. I don't care. Just discuss :dunno:
Interesting...and don't forget the hood... May I ask why you have not read the books? If you aren't a reader you can get the audio books...they are AMAZING.

They can't keep on using Sansa as the storytelling equivalent of kitchen roll, mopping up all the subplots they didn't have time for.

It makes the writing for that character look extremely sloppy - ditto, perpetually marrying her off to even more psychopaths than George did for the added misery quota.

As I've said before and never tire of saying, it's Fairley or bust for this character. Her harder, almost medieval face fits the character 100%, doing it without her will lack the emotional resonance/gutpunch of the reveal, and the whole point of Stoneheart is she becomes a horrific image of the permanency of the horror of the red wedding. She survived it. She was there. It's there in her eyes; it's there in the gaping wound around her throat.

Vengeance is a scar that eats the flesh and so is she.

So no offence to anyone intended, but I get slightly frustrated every time I see some new-fangled theory about how they can over-think and bastardise the character to squeeze her into the show as if it's rocket science when Gothic horror perfection is already sat there waiting for them, handed on a plate.

I just posted in the foreshadow thread, that the Ghost Of Winterfell could be done by her in place of LSH, also both LSH and GOW wore hoods and they've been hinting since season 3 with Sansa in the hood.

I just posted in the foreshadow thread, that the Ghost Of Winterfell could be done by her in place of LSH, also both LSH and GOW wore hoods and they've been hinting since season 3 with Sansa in the hood.

Sansa is not going to be the Ghost of Winterfell, seeing as, among other things, she left Winterfell, and she doesn't have any of the requisite skills.  Sansa is not Arya.

Wow...those are not the first words I would think of when I think of Sansa. What scenes are you thinking of that give you that impression? Not saying they haven't highlighted some strong character positives, just not those.

She saved Ser Dontos, she's nice to little Lord Robert (Robin in the show) after Lysa dies (in the books that is, in the show she pretty much abandons him), she's nice to the old dog at LF's home (books), she isn't obsessed by revenge in spite of everything. Just a few things that come to mind.  Granted, not a raft of evidence of her goodness, but enough I think to show a level of decency.

If she's the one to take revenge on the Freys, Boltons and LF it seems there's not much left for Arya, so where does our favourite little revenge monster go?  I see Arya as a way more likely Stoneheart than Sansa, she's halfway there already.

Sansa is not going to be the Ghost of Winterfell, seeing as, among other things, she left Winterfell, and she doesn't have any of the requisite skills.  Sansa is not Arya.

Sansa has looks, sex appeal and a hidden knife can do much, ask Osha remember tears aren't a womans only weapon, who says she won't double back to throw off Ramsey?, let him head to the wall as she retraces to WF.

Sansa has looks, sex appeal and a hidden knife can do much, ask Osha remember tears aren't a womans only weapon, who says she won't double back to throw off Ramsey?, let him head to the wall as she retraces to WF.

Sansa doesn't have a hidden knife, and regardless, there is no way back into the castle, which is full of guards.  Nor would it make even the slightest sense for her to go back, because she no allies inside the castle or any hope of rescue.  As for having "looks, sex appeal", everybody in the castle knows who she is; she's not going to be able to seduce anybody as some anonymous woman.  I'll say again, Sansa is not Arya; she is not learning how to assassinate people.

They can't keep on using Sansa as the storytelling equivalent of kitchen roll, mopping up all the subplots they didn't have time for.

It makes the writing for that character look extremely sloppy - ditto, perpetually marrying her off to even more psychopaths than George did for the added misery quota.

As I've said before and never tire of saying, it's Fairley or bust for this character. Her harder, almost medieval face fits the character 100%, doing it without her will lack the emotional resonance/gutpunch of the reveal, and the whole point of Stoneheart is she becomes a horrific image of the permanency of the horror of the red wedding. She survived it. She was there. It's there in her eyes; it's there in the gaping wound around her throat.

Vengeance is a scar that eats the flesh and so is she.

So no offence to anyone intended, but I get slightly frustrated every time I see some new-fangled theory about how they can over-think and bastardise the character to squeeze her into the show as if it's rocket science when Gothic horror perfection is already sat there waiting for them, handed on a plate.

I agree with this, bring back that beloved actress and give her this magnificent role of vengeance the Starks need and deserve.

I agree. Sansa stone heart won't be happening. I'm all for Faireys return and think it more likely that they have added a season BUT I refuse to get my hopes up because there is no evidence this is going to happen. And truly I don't blame them. They are attempting to bring this massive ship into port and adding more cargo....metaphor fail but you get the idea.

I would prefer that if it is 8, they stick with it.

I would as well.
I wonder if some problems with s5 could not have been avoided if they had known that there would be eight seasons.
For example they could have given Tyrion's travels more room, including the darker scenes, there might have been the Griffs. And Stannis - whom I thoroughly dislike as fictional person but love as literary character - would not have been so rushed in the end.
Despite - or maybe because - loving the character of Cat I do not miss Stoneheart since they should not overdo resurrection or it loses its impact, death becoming no more than a small inconvenience. And I never understood that revenge trip some feel the ugly and primitive need to witness. So even with one season more: please no Stonehaert.
But not knowing in advance how much space the story will have does not favor good writing.

I assure you, they can and they will. internalized characters are difficult to adapt, so instead they just threw her on a bonfire.

I would as well.
I wonder if some problems with s5 could not have been avoided if they had known that there would be eight seasons.
For example they could have given Tyrion's travels more room, including the darker scenes, there might have been the Griffs. And Stannis - whom I thoroughly dislike as fictional person but love as literary character - would not have been so rushed in the end.
Despite - or maybe because - loving the character of Cat I do not miss Stoneheart since they should not overdo resurrection or it loses its impact, death becoming no more than a small inconvenience. And I never understood that revenge trip some feel the ugly and primitive need to witness. So even with one season more: please no Stonehaert.
But not knowing in advance how much space the story will have does not favor good writing.

That is whaI was thinking too when they announced 8 seasons because the were always, publically that is, adamant on 7. Season 5 had a wrong feeling on so many levels and was rushed as well. Sansa and Jamie were way off course and I wonder if they would have done differently if they known 9 seasons. Probably not with Sansa as they admit to planning her wed and bed rape since season 2 but it is too late to do a "mulligan" for last year.

Archived