Cats

Sunny and I are now owned by two small cats.  Someone dropped them off on the road in front of our house and they are awesome.  I've gotten them fixed and they're ruling the homestead.  Sunny and I are in love.  :wub:

• 8 months later...

Got a new kitten 4 weeks ago and things are going well so far with only a few minor bumps. Bellatrix learned to use the litter box in 3 days with only a couple of accidents. Though Lacy (my dog) wasn't too thrilled at first at having a new housemate, they've grown used to each other and are now pretty good friends. I'm still in the process of showing her that some things are not meant to be played with (that's one pair of shoes that'll never be the same), but I think she's starting to get the idea. 

• 4 weeks later...

Discovered a new awesome toy for Lucipurr (formerly Bellatrix). Ping Pong balls. They're awesome. They're so smooth that she can't get a grip on them, so they're always escaping her. She loves chasing them around, as long as they're on a hard floor.

Yay!  Kitty.  Love the name :)  I assume Lucy for short?  

Yesterday the nanny shut the door to our bedroom for most of the day.  One of the cats was stuck in there and she didn't hear.  He pooped on the bed.  That was fun to come home to.

9 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Discovered a new awesome toy for Lucipurr (formerly Bellatrix). Ping Pong balls. They're awesome. They're so smooth that she can't get a grip on them, so they're always escaping her. She loves chasing them around, as long as they're on a hard floor.

Another great toy our cats loooooove is tin foil made into a hard ball, roughly the size of a ping pong ball. It makes that typical noise when rolling on a hard floor and they're shiny! 

12 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Another great toy our cats loooooove is tin foil made into a hard ball, roughly the size of a ping pong ball. It makes that typical noise when rolling on a hard floor and they're shiny! 

Your cats love tinfoil? In that case, they would love many of the theories found in the general aSoIaF forum these days. ;)

Just now, Darkstream said:

Your cats love tinfoil? In that case, they would love many of the theories found in the general aSoIaF forum these days. ;)

I thought about that as I typed my reply! :lol:

13 minutes ago, Darkstream said:

Cute.

Indeed Darkling, I've found it's so easy to fall madly in love with ones own deliciously shiny corrugated balls of tinfoil, however misshapen -- providing hours of happily solipsistic preoccupation as one bats the shiny stuff to and fro, defending it ferociously against others who would seek to unravel said tinfoil into staid two-dimensional sheets and spoil the game!  :P

2 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

I have one cat who loves, loves the tinfoil ball, its her absolute favorite toy.  Of course they all end up batted under the dresser or some other place where they have to be fetched out for her.  But when she gets a brand new one, she is so into it.  LOL.

3 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

I thought about that as I typed my reply! :lol:

But of course, as they say, great minds... :P

3 hours ago, ravenous reader said:

Cute.

Indeed Darkling, I've found it's so easy to fall madly in love with ones own deliciously shiny corrugated balls of tinfoil, however misshapen -- providing hours of happily solipsistic preoccupation as one bats the shiny stuff to and fro, defending it ferociously against others who would seek to unravel said tinfoil into staid two-dimensional sheets and spoil the game!  :P

While it certainly can be fun to bat around some of the tinfoil being dangled before us, what I find ever more enticing is the thought provoking, and eloquently expressed responses that these theories tend to incite from you.

I must admit, many a time while skimming through the tinfoil, you have brought me from a brooding, eye rolling demeanour, to one of intrigue and joyous fascination. :)

---

I've no cats of my own to share stories of, however, last fall just before the cold winter set in, I had discovered a young kitten living in the dumpster behind my work. I'm happy to say, despite some scratching and clawing to my arms, I did manage to rescue him, and found him a good home. He's doing great now, and aptly named Oscar. :P

9 minutes ago, Darkstream said:

While it certainly can be fun to bat around some of the tinfoil being dangled before us, what I find ever more enticing is the thought provoking, and eloquently expressed responses that these theories tend to incite from you.

I must admit, many a time while skimming through the tinfoil, you have brought me from a brooding, eye rolling demeanour, to one of intrigue and joyous fascination. :)

:wub:

You may have missed my synopsis of the Renly vs. Stannis debate:  Enjoy!  ;)

CATS

I love to boop cats. I'm in a place where I can't get a cat of my own quite yet, so I've made friends with the neighborhood cats. I've gotten to boop-level friendliness with some of them, although some like it less than others.

I have a reputation at work because my screensaver and wallpaper are both cats, and I livestream Kitten Academy on youtube nearly constantly, and I also openly harp about how I love to boop cats.

I <3 kittays. Going to a cat cafe this weekend and it's >>>>>>>>> any and I'm infinitely more excited about it.

I'm not yet thirty, but I've accepted I'm going to be a cat lady. I already am one, minus the cats. 

All your kittrays are belong to MEEEEEEEEE

Sigh, cats. Oh how I'm annoyed by cats, and yet my mother's cats love me all the same. She owns 3 cats, two grey cats (the only two in the litter), and a younger, black cat with long fur (they have different mothers, but the same father, who has marked his territory around my Aunt's house). The bigger of the two grey cats is named Cookie, with her nickname being Big Mama. The smaller grey cat's name is Chubby, the undisputed leader of the group. And the black cat's name is Baby, due to being the youngest. Not surprisingly, each have their own little quirks about them.

33 minutes ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

Sigh, cats. Oh how I'm annoyed by cats, and yet my mother's cats love me all the same. 

There is no escape for you.

I don't mean to abuse the cat thread, but I'm going to anyway. Lucipurr is being so sweet! She keeps on curling up and going to sleep next to my dog Lacy, who is like 30 times her size. They never fall asleep in a position that I can get a good photo though :angry2:.

Years ago I took a room in a house share with a guy who had a cat.  He worked for the forest service counting and monitoring herds of big horned sheep in the mountains around town and was going to be out in the field for the first few days after I moved in.  We'd talked about this, and he'd left a note detailing instructions for cat care, adding that she wasn't at all friendly towards strangers, and I may not even see her if she could help it.

Cut to three days later; J walks in the door to see his normally aloof cat sitting upright on my lap, purring with close-eyed contentment, and oblivious to his return because each of my thumbs are gently massaging the deepest recesses of her ears.  I turn to a stunned J and say, "she likes to have her brain skritched."

I recently saw some surprised comments on YouTube videos about how the cats in the videos allowed their owners to touch their stomach/belly; apparently most cats don't like to do that, something to do with instincts and vulnerability or something. It's weird because my 3 year old Persian loves having his stomach pet; even turns over to encourage it. Then again my cat is so good natured it's impossible; he has never, to this day, hissed at anyone or anything or even scratched or bitten anyone. I stepped on his tail by mistake once and he didn't lash out at me at all. I suppose neutering might have something to do with it but I'm pretty fortunate to have basically the friendliest and most gentle cat on earth. He also purrs like a motor engine and that's awesome.

Archived