Proposed London meet up August 20th?

An alternative would be to push a meet back to October 17th and tie it in with this: http://www.gollancz.co.uk/gollancz-festival-waterstones-piccadilly-event/

That does look like an interesting event, they've got at least half a dozen authors that I've read so I think I might go along. It would be good if there were a few of us there and we could combine it with a BWB meet.

I think we can also do something this month as well, although I'm not sure if we've actually decided on anything?

We don't seem to have, no. For the sake of attempting to organise though - IF we met on Sat 15th, what times ish would people be looking at meeting-departing etc. etc. Trying to figure out coaches.

Ah - I'll be in London for holiday the first two weeks of September, would be nice to meet others fans.

Would have loved to come down in September as well, but I'm at TitanCon that month, which will eat up my spare cash, so unfortunately I won't be able to come down, but some of the more Southern based peeps should be up for it.

The Great British Beer Festival is on in Olympia and I'm going on the Friday afternoon, the 14th, should that influence anything. The evening gets silly but the afternoon should be OK. PM if you're heading there that day or on the Tuesday prior.

I've not posted about how excellent Archilpelacon was, nor properly thanked LMG for looking after me at a time of need, because I had not sorted out my password on this account until now. Legends abound there, to whom I am eternally grateful. Would be great to see any London-vicinity members before my next trip away...

(Sorry for superfluous posts.)

We don't seem to have, no. For the sake of attempting to organise though - IF we met on Sat 15th, what times ish would people be looking at meeting-departing etc. etc. Trying to figure out coaches.

Trains from Cambridge are frequent enough that I'm very flexible about when I can get there and back. I think for Saturday meets in the past we've generally met up sometime in the afternoon and continued to sometime in the evening.

An alternative would be to push a meet back to October 17th and tie it in with this: http://www.gollancz.co.uk/gollancz-festival-waterstones-piccadilly-event/

I'm definitely going to this, so I'd love to see some of you there.

I'm the same with trains - perhaps we get the same one, william? - but I'm sick of London for now. I need to regroup and force myself to tackle it again :laugh:

I'm the same with trains - perhaps we get the same one, william? - but I'm sick of London for now. I need to regroup and force myself to tackle it again :laugh:

Well I've just booked tickets and trains for the Gollancz Fest so I'll defo be there :)

Trains from Cambridge are frequent enough that I'm very flexible about when I can get there and back. I think for Saturday meets in the past we've generally met up sometime in the afternoon and continued to sometime in the evening.

Yeah, I think I'm going to have to bow out of an August meet  - it's pushing it now for me to buy cheap travel tickets and with nothing being confirmed, the longer it takes to confirm, the less likely it is I'll be there; so for simplicities sake, I'll just say, I won't be there.

Well I've just booked tickets and trains for the Gollancz Fest so I'll defo be there :)

I've just looked at the website and it seems you can choose either 'Room 1' or 'Room 2'. Which one did you go for? It looks like the guests will be in both rooms, but if there's a bunch of us going it would make sense for us to pick the same thing.

I've bought a ticket (Room 1) now.

I'm the same with trains - perhaps we get the same one, william?

If you're travelling via Cambridge as well that would make sense.

Apologies for not replying sooner, been away in Wales and was busy with Nine Worlds Geekfest this weekend.

I can't do this upcoming weekend, but there's no reason everyone else can if there is enough interest. My suggestion still stands for this coming Thursday 13 August - can anyone else make Thursday evening? If not how about next week if it's too short notice now? I can do pretty much any evening except Wed or Fri. I could even do the weekend on 22 or 23 August if that works for others. Please reply and let's see if we can get something arranged soon.

Will probably also attend the Gollancz Festival in October and we should probably start a separate thread for that one methinks.

OK - so it's too late to arrange anything now for tomorrow.

My next suggestion is Thursday 20 August, 5.00 pm till late. Venue TBC.

Jaemi - can you go to the first post of this thread please, click on edit and then go to "full edit". That way you can edit the thread title and add the proposed meet up date to the title and it might attract a bit more notice and urgency that way. I'll send a message round to everyone that might be interested and hopefully we can get something in place for next week.

MoIaF - hopefully we can get another meet up arranged for early September when you're in London.

Archived