Wow, I Never Noticed That v. 13

Rhaenys_Targaryen

Littlefinger knows about Tysha!  Below is a snippet from a conversation between Littlefinger and Sansa.

"He did not kill Joffrey, true, but the dwarf's hands are far from clean. He had a wife before you, did you know that?"
"He told me."
"And did he tell you that when he grew bored with her, he made a gift of her to his father's guardsmen? He might have done the same to you, in time. Shed no tears for the Imp, my lady."
ASoS, Sansa VI

Littlefinger knows about Tysha!  Below is a snippet from a conversation between Littlefinger and Sansa.

"He did not kill Joffrey, true, but the dwarf's hands are far from clean. He had a wife before you, did you know that?"

"He told me."

"And did he tell you that when he grew bored with her, he made a gift of her to his father's guardsmen? He might have done the same to you, in time. Shed no tears for the Imp, my lady."

ASoS, Sansa VI

Well, he doesn't know everything about Tysha...

Nine women are described as handsome: Chataya, Allerie & Lemore by Tyrion, Barbrey by Theon, Wynafred by Davos, Mariya by Jaime, the Lady Hewett by Victarion, Catelyn by Brienne & Sybell by Catelyn.

I think "handsome" is just a way to describe a woman past the first flush of youth but someone who's still kept her figure (despite giving birth, maybe multiple times) and not too wrinkly or haggard, probably tallish. I admit English is not my first language so I might be wrong with these connotations.

My point is that it doesn't necessarily have to mean anything, just a description. How many girls/young(ish) women have been described as pretty or beautiful? Does that mean something?

Is Cersei heading from "beautiful" towards the "handsome" bracket? Except she's been losing her figure a bit lately (dresses getting tight etc.) due to rich food and drinking. Her forced diet while imprisoned might've helped somewhat in retaining her figure, though.

O/T: I'm having real trouble with pages loading for ages when I'm logged in. I'd like to contribute more actively but it's just such a pain. :frown5:

"He told me."
ASoS, Sansa VI

What really matters is: does LF knows where whores go?

Well, he knows that Tyrion was married before Sansa.  Given the he knows this, info that other characters don't seem privy to, it makes me wonder how he came across this information and what else he might know.  Does he know where Tysha is?  Is so, why not annull Sansa's marriage via Tysha?

Well, he knows that Tyrion was married before Sansa.  Given the he knows this, info that other characters don't seem privy to, it makes me wonder how he came across this information and what else he might know.  Does he know where Tysha is?  Is so, why not annull Sansa's marriage via Tysha?

I was referring to the fact that Tysha was not a whore. Only Jaime and Tyrion know that. And maybe the spider?

I was referring to the fact that Tysha was not a whore. Only Jaime and Tyrion know that. And maybe the spider?

He might know that or he might not...  If he's aware of Tyrion's first marriage and the rape by the guards, I wouldn't be surprise if he doesn't know more about her.

He might know that or he might not...  If he's aware of Tyrion's first marriage and the rape by the guards, I wouldn't be surprise if he doesn't know more about her.

But the marriage and the sharp lesson, while not general knowledge about the realm, would have been the story put out for those who inquired. For several weeks, the only person, other than Tysha herself and Tyrion, who knew that Tysha was what she was was Jaime. Then Jaime told Tywin, and Tywin compelled Jaime to lie. Thus, Tysha was known by all save Jaime and Tywin to be a whore. That is until Jaime told Tyrion the truth and Tyrion killed his father. The only other person who could have learned the truth is Varys.

Prince Rhaegar burned with a cold light, now white, now red, now dark. "I left my wife and children in your hands."

Red and White are Connington colours. He's now going dark. The mention of the kids is suspicious.

Connington colors appearing as a cold, burning light, along with a dark one. A dark, burning light...a black fire?

Connington colors accompanied by a black fire...or Blackfyre

Edit: Different possibility, the three colors represent the three branches of house Targaryen still surviving? Targaryen has a red Dragon, Blackfyre a black(dark) one, and the white could either be Bloodraven (his sigil was a white dragon) or a descendant of Aerion Brightflame

Prince Rhaegar burned with a cold light, now white, now red, now dark. "I left my wife and children in your hands."

Red and White are Connington colours. He's now going dark. The mention of the kids is suspicious.

White - Kingsguard

Red - Lannister crimson

Black - foreshadowing Jaime joining the Night's Watch in the end?

If there's a hint in that line, shouldn't it be more about Jaime or Rhaegar, than Jon Connington, who isn't mentioned?

White - Kingsguard

Red - Lannister crimson

If there's a hint in that line, shouldn't it be more about Jaime or Rhaegar, than Jon Connington, who isn't mentioned?

It's foreshadowing...!!! *mystic hand waves*

I found it looking for something else. Have no books at hand. When I got them back, I'll see what else I can found.

White - Kingsguard
Red - Lannister crimson

I actually rather like that interpretation, and wish I'd thought of it, honestly. Partially because I've actually reached the point where I would actually prefer Jaime to not die horrifically if at all possible :p

F@$!#/g awesome catch!

Add it to this...

BR, who sided with the red dragon against the brother he loved, sent Jaime's fallen KG brothers to hammer home Jaime's crime when he betrayed Aerys, notwithstanding Jaime's defense that Aerys planned to burn KL. Rhaegar reminded him that he left his wife and children in Jaime's hands. BR seems to be preparing Jaime to raise up Jon, Rhaegar's heir, as king.

And all for naught. They found only darkness, dust, and rats. And dragons, lurking down below. He remembered the sullen orange glow of the coals in the iron dragon's mouth. The brazier warmed a chamber at the bottom of a shaft where half a dozen tunnels met. On the floor he'd found a scuffed mosaic of the three-headed dragon of House Targaryen done in tiles of black and red. I know you, Kingslayer, the beast seemed to be saying. I have been here all the time, waiting for you to come to me. And it seemed to Jaime that he knew that voice, the iron tones that had once belonged to Rhaegar, Prince of Dragonstone.

Jaime I, Feast

Jaime identifies with the Warrior...

Why would Cersei need the Warrior? She has me.

Jaime II, Feast

And the Warrior protects children...

The Warrior stands before the foe,
protecting us where e'er we go.
With sword and shield and spear and bow,
he guards the little children.

Samwell II, Storm

Jaime wants to make good on his failed duty to protect Rhaegar's children...

"... So long as men remember the wrongs done to their forebears, no peace will ever last. So we go on century after century, with us hating the Brackens and them hating us. My father says there will never be an end to it."

"There could be."

"How, my lord? The old wounds never heal, my father says."

"My father had a saying too. Never wound a foe when you can kill him. Dead men don't claim vengeance."

"Their sons do," said Hoster, apologetically.

"Not if you kill the sons as well. Ask the Casterlys about that if you doubt me. Ask Lord and Lady Tarbeck, or the Reynes of Castamere. Ask the Prince of Dragonstone."

For an instant, the deep red clouds that crowned the western hills reminded him of Rhaegar's children, all wrapped up in crimson cloaks.

Jaime I, Dance

Jaime doesn't believe that Rhaegar has any living children. But the George strongly hinted that Jamie will be a kingmaker...

"They belonged to Criston Cole, who served the first Viserys and the second Aegon." Jaime closed the White Book. "They called him Kingmaker."

Jaime II, Feast

But perhaps Jaime will believe Aegon's claim? Here is a telling quote from Barristan on his path to redemption after taking Robert's pardon...

"That was when I knew that to redeem myself I must find the true king, and serve him loyally, with all the strength that still remained me."

Daenerys II, Dance

And here's Jaime telling Lancel what he thought of Robert...

"Robert was no true king."

Jaime IV, Feast

When he descended for the feast that night, Jaime Lannister wore a doublet of red velvet slashed with cloth-of-gold, and a golden chain studded with black diamonds. He had strapped on his golden hand as well, polished to a fine bright sheen. This was no fit place to wear his whites. His duty awaited him at Riverrun; a darker need had brought him here.

Jaime IV, Feast

Black on Red, like the Blackfyre ...

True but its a nice little lie to turn Sansa against her husband.

What really matters is: does LF knows where whores go?

Probably at least they don't sink like ships.

I only just noticed that Marwyn taught Mirri Maz Duur healing and the Common Tongue. How the hell can you read these books twice and not notice stuff that's just outright stated in the text? Lord only knows.

Now the question is will Dany remember when Marwyn meets her.  I hope not.

ok, I'm sure it is accidental, but Stannis left his 3 women (Mel, Selyse and Shireen) at the Wall, during his march on Winterfell he acquires Alysanne Mormont, Asha and Jeyne Pool. Shireen and Jeyne are relatively close in age, and Mel is fire and Asha is water. And Alysane is a bear and Selyse is a fox.

Plus there is enigmatic Val at the Wall and Lady Dustin with her own agenda in the Winterfell.

Archived