Who do you want to get to know better in the next book?

Logicsbane

In order

1. Melisandre

2. Manderly

3. Jon Con - although he's dead he has some interesting stuff in his head

4. Varys

5. UnJon 

I differ with most folks in that I think Euron represents scope creep on the part of GRRM. He is trying to solve the Merreneese knot it through a deus ex machina type thing... "and then this mystery pirate's brother shows up to sack Mereen and take Dany to Westeros." The only way I find Euron interesting is if he is somehow an Ironborn version of a greenseer - another three eyed crow. 

At some point you just want GRRM to wrap it up. 

First person that comes to mind is Ramsey. I really wanna know whats going on inside his sick mind.
Also Marwyn, Wyman Manderly and Bronn

I'm actually happier not knowing what Ramsay is thinking.  It is probably too foul even for my imagination.

I would like to know more about Bronn, though.  I have a suspicion he may not be quite as amoral as he makes himself out to be.

Wylla Manderly, (Miss Green Hair) also seems like she would be really interesting to know, as does Sarella/Arellas.

I'm actually happier not knowing what Ramsay is thinking.  It is probably too foul even for my imagination.

I would like to know more about Bronn, though.  I have a suspicion he may not be quite as amoral as he makes himself out to be.

Wylla Manderly, (Miss Green Hair) also seems like she would be really interesting to know, as does Sarella/Arellas.

Ya, particularly because Sarella actually seems nice, I mean, she's nice to Pate, she's nice to Sam, two people who are normally teased constantly. Other than Elara's daughters, she seems to be the only nice Sand Snake; I wonder what Oberyn thought of her.

• 10 months later...
On Tuesday, August 11, 2015 at 11:14 PM, ErasmusF said:

In order

underlis

2. Manderly

3. Jon Con - although he's dead he has some interesting stuff in his head

4. Varys

5. UnJon 

I differ with most folks in that I think Euron represents scope creep on the part of GRRM. He is trying to solve the Merreneese knot it through a deus ex machina type thing... "and then this mystery pirate's brother shows up to sack Mereen and take Dany to Westeros." The only way I find Euron interesting is if he is somehow an Ironborn version of a greenseer - another three eyed crow. 

At some point you just want GRRM to wrap it up. 

And how wrong you were about the Deus Ex Machina thing. And he is better than how you wanted with him to be. Euron has the potential to be the biggest villain in the whole series.

In Winds, I am loving the tension built up around two cities - Oldtown and Volantis. Both are ticking time bombs waiting to explode(which would literally happen to KL later). I can't wait to see what happens there. 

I would like to get to know more about the Daynes, Hightowers, and the Tyrells (I would love a Tyrell POV rather than just how they are perceived by POV characters like Cersei).

In terms of individual characters, I like to learn more about Euron Greyjoy, Roose Bolton, Ser Barristan, and Aegon VI.

Archived