Achilles vs Theseus

Laughing Storm Reborn

Plenty of great issues to study on those aswell :bowdown:

I think the reason Robert baratheon is my favourite character is that the path from young hero to midlife crisis gets me interested in a reader perspective, we have so much redemption stories nowadays that some tragic ones become as interesting as they were millenia ago

Agree. For some reason I always think about Poseidon when I read about Robert.

Well, the Storm Kings ARE descendents of the gods of sea and wind afterall, if we choose to believe Durran's story

Ι alway saw the Baratheons brothers as Cronos' sons; Zeus the logical mind is Stannis, Poseidon the passionate one is Robert and Hades is the wealthy one who steals something aka Renly. 

It depends, there´s the Disney version picture of Zeus and Hades as Robert and Stannis respectively, but reading the myths we get a lot more about the Greek Gods than Dysney´s "simple" versions...

By the way, i clearly would bet money the big 3 Baratheon brothers are an homage to the big 3 Greek Gods, it´s too damn similar a concept...

They don´t even get POV's just so we can have a more "interpretative" inner view about them, just like the Gods in mythology

Archived