The Beginning of TWOW. Will this happen?

KingStannisFan

Look, a lot of us hate the changes they made, but GRRM had to tell them the major plot points as part of the deal to make the show happen (in case the worst happened). The broad strokes are similar, and in the case of Stannis that unfortunately means they got an ample opportunity to shit on a character they hate.

The Mannis is going to die in Winds, it's just a question of when and by what hand. I look forward to your tears when you're confronted by reality.

I'm not a Mannis fan. In fact, he's just a closet character for me.

Yes, he will die in Winds, I have never disputed that. But taking the bullshit show as gospel is lunacy. I look forward to seeing your tears when he doesn't die during the BoI.

Season 5 has proven you wrong. No Ironborn. No Aegon. No Harrold Hardnyg.

Do you think Edric Storm is never going to reappear just because he doesn't exist in the show? Lunacy.

I'm not a Mannis fan. In fact, he's just a closet character for me.

Yes, he will die in Winds, I have never disputed that. But taking the bullshit show as gospel is lunacy. I look forward to seeing your tears when he doesn't die during the BoI.

Season 5 has proven you wrong. No Ironborn. No Aegon. No Harrold Hardnyg.

Do you think Edric Storm is never going to reappear just because he doesn't exist in the show? Lunacy.

They say Gendry is still rowing, even now.

To be fair, the show has cut characters, and even entire plots. What happens(or doesn't happen) on the show, doesn't effect the books at all.

Yes, because it would be useless portraying characters that won't have any huge impact in the end.

Yes, because it would be useless portraying characters that won't have any huge impact in the end.

I can't say whose stories unfold how, I still haven't read the last two books.(speculation is different)That being said, I think it's fair to say characters like, Arianne, Victarian, or Joncon all have a role to play. They'll all effect the story in some way, or they wouldn't exist. Using show canon as the backbone on a discussion about the books, gets one nowhere, they're two different things.

I can't say whose stories unfold how, I still haven't read the last two books.(speculation is different)That being said, I think it's fair to say characters like, Arianne, Victarian, or Joncon all have a role to play. They'll all effect the story in some way, or they wouldn't exist. Using show canon as the backbone on a discussion about the books, gets one nowhere, they're two different things.

Like u said we dont know what happens in last two books

but there are two persons who know what happens in those books from the author himself ..
i will take their version more seriously than the fan biased theories

mind you i believe stannis will be dead but not burn shireen in books ..it will be mel and selyse who will do it

i dont have to like everything the show does but denying the show is not in someway relevant is fooling yourself

but there are two persons who know what happens in those books from the author himself ..

mind you i believe stannis will be dead but not burn shireen in books ..it will be mel and selyse who will do it

i dont have to like everything the show does but denying the show is not in someway relevant is fooling yourself

Extras spoiler:
[spoiler]Those two people revealed that Stannis burns Shireen. How can this happen if he dies at the Battle of Winterfell?[/spoiler]

Somewhat relevant? You amuse me. It happens in another universe. Just because they know the story doesn't mean they aren't going to change it beyond recognition. They already have. If you don't realize this, you're fooling yourself.

You're right D&D do know the broad strokes. What they have set out to do is adapt the unadaptable, and I applaud them for it. Obviously, they've had to make cuts and simplifications. Some of the changes they've made are serious deviations from the books. Saying something must happen in the books, just because it did in the show is foolish. To answer the OP( Somehow I've managed not to.) I do think Stannis will die, but not in the first fifty pages, maybe not even in TWOW.

I agree with the gist of this.  I think the show hews to the overall outcome of the books on things like major characters and whether they will be around for the end game.

To be honest, I'm kind of saddened by the infighting that goes on between "book" people and "show" people across various sites.  I enjoy both and while I prefer the books I just don't see some of the bashing of the show.

Archived