Duck is Aegon, YG is the mummer's dragon

Think about it. Tyrion estimates YG to be about 15, while the sack of King's landing happened roughly 17 years ago, meaning that Aegon should have been around 19 at this point. Rolly is the only one who actually fits this age and his story seems a bit contrived. According to Rolly, he broke both of Lorent's arms and half his ribs, but beating the son of your liege-lord is a pretty big deal. Escaping might be more difficult than that. He would have had to depart seconds after it happened, rode a horse all the way to a major port (most likely outside the Reach) and from there find transport across the Narrow sea. Where would he, the son of an impoverished blacksmith, find the funds to hire transport? Seems very unlikely.

Besides, would it really be wise for the real Aegon to just declare who he is after he finds a tiny army of sellswords? Connington is more clever than that, he would want Aegon's identity to remain concealed, which is why it's obviously really Duck.

Think about it. Tyrion estimates YG to be about 15, while the sack of King's landing happened roughly 17 years ago, meaning that Aegon should have been around 19 at this point. Rolly is the only one who actually fits this age and his story seems a bit contrived. According to Rolly, he broke both of Lorent's arms and half his ribs, but beating the son of your liege-lord is a pretty big deal. Escaping might be more difficult than that. He would have had to depart seconds after it happened, rode a horse all the way to a major port (most likely outside the Reach) and from there find transport across the Narrow sea. Where would he, the son of an impoverished blacksmith, find the funds to hire transport? Seems very unlikely.

Besides, would it really be wise for the real Aegon to just declare who he is after he finds a tiny army of sellswords? Connington is more clever than that, he would want Aegon's identity to remain concealed, which is why it's obviously really Duck.

I doubt it Duck is Aegon. He's not who he seems to be, but unlikely he's Aegon. Aegean is either dead or...dead.

Nope. Aegon has it difficult to be accepted as it is, introducing another guy as the real Aegon, having him be accepted and then suddenly reveal that he's a fake and that the real Aegon is yet another man would make everybody disbelieve Connington.

He needed those men know Aegon, to believe that he was the real deal and to like him. It's true that they could betray him, but the thing is, they could betray him at any time. They could sell him to the Lannister or to Stannis after landing in Westeros. If Connington pisses them playing identity games he could lose their support the minute the course of the war looks dire.

Not to mention what the rest of Westeros would think "if he tricked us into believing that boy was Aegon, how do we know he isn't lying again?"

Think about it. Tyrion estimates YG to be about 15, while the sack of King's landing happened roughly 17 years ago, meaning that Aegon should have been around 19 at this point.

5 years after the Sack, or 12 years ago, Jon Connington was given a boy why is supposedly Aegon. Is it really your contention that instead of a 7-year old he mistaken accepted a 3-year old imposter a Aegon? We have his POV and know he thinks this boy is the real deal.

You think that Tyrion's assessment wiring moments of meeting Aegon is Better? Even though he clearly changed his mind as he later guessed this was either Aegon Targaryen or a reasonable fake.

I was waiting for a series of posts to do a collective response.

Appearances can be deceiving. YG ''dyed'' his hair, why couldn't Duck? Also, YG's eyes are very ambiguous, to the point where it's uncertain what shade of what colour they are. Black, purple, dark blue?

Duck could potentially be a secret Merryweather for all we know. Longtable is pretty close to Bitterbridge.

So yeah, I'll concede that Rolly probably isn't Aegon, but YG certainly isn't and Connington knows it...

As for the last post, yes, he received Aegon, but it certainly isn't YG. Tyrion's estimation matters more than you think, GRRM is known for subtle things like that.

Remember what Quaithe says. The mummer's dragon.

I just gotta respond to your signature with this:''Stannis is the one true king, Dany can go **** *****''

Now to respond to your post. I think Connington knows that Young Griff is fake and the real Aegon is someone else, maybe not even one of the people on the Shy Maid!

Duck is more likely to be Aegon than YG.

• 6 months later...
On 8/6/2015 at 11:19 AM, Buried Treasure said:

5 years after the Sack, or 12 years ago, Jon Connington was given a boy why is supposedly Aegon. Is it really your contention that instead of a 7-year old he mistaken accepted a 3-year old imposter a Aegon? We have his POV and know he thinks this boy is the real deal.

You think that Tyrion's assessment wiring moments of meeting Aegon is Better? Even though he clearly changed his mind as he later guessed this was either Aegon Targaryen or a reasonable fake.

Reasonable Fake; This is what i have a problem with. I know y'all to fire back with "there are plenty of people in essos with targ genes, and feature that Illyrio and Varys can choose from to be Aegon's replacement, but if you really look at all of them that are presented so far is there really?

I mean a lot of them have blue eyes, YG has purple. Some have white hair no no purple eyes, some have purple eyes, but no white hair. Whenever you see anyone with any Targ feature whatsoever they always seem to be missing something, except for YG.

Where is Illyrio going to find someone like that? I Really doubt Vary and Illyrio is that good, and I highly doubt that a Blackfyre or a Brightflame or any other Targ family in Essos could produce a child that to what Rhaegar's child should look like.

On 8/7/2015 at 10:09 AM, Benjamin Virant said:

I just gotta respond to your signature with this:''Stannis is the one true king, Dany can go **** *****''

Now to respond to your post. I think Connington knows that Young Griff is fake and the real Aegon is someone else, maybe not even one of the people on the Shy Maid!

Duck is more likely to be Aegon than YG.

I can't believe that any one with half a brain could believe in secret targs even though they look absolutely nothing like a targ (And don't give me that Blackspear BS, Aegon is suppose to look like a Targ and like Rhaegar) Now yall believe this grown man (Duck) to be Aegon Rather than YG. Now You guys are being utterly ridiculous now. SMH!

• 3 weeks later...

Tyrion's estimate about YG's age is not a definitive factor. When we first meet Tyrion, he asks a fourteen year old Jon if he was twelve. That PoV was Jon's and we don't know exactly what Tyrion was thinking   about Jon's actual age. Given Tyrion's cynical nature, he could be taunting Jon, making Jon feel he does not look 'man enough'. Nevertheless, we have another character of abnormal size, Brienne, admitting that she was bad at guessing the age of young people because they all looked small to her.  To Tyrion, they all looked big, but he does not want to admit it, or he may have developed a correction system early in life, so he reduces a few years from how old the boys actually look. This could be how he underestimated the ages of Jon and YG.

That said, I don't think YG is really Aegon VI. But Rolly being Aegon VI is even less probable. Of course, improbable does not mean it is impossible, so you can all argue as you choose. I just wanted to point out that in spite of all his intelligence, Tyrion's estimate of boys' ages could be fallible.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived