Another take on the poisoning of Sweetrobin

Mithras

How do you know that the Citadel keeps the poison lore as secret as possible?

The process was slow and difficult, the necessaries costly and hard to acquire. The alchemists of Lys knew the way of it, though, and the Faceless Men of Braavos . . . and the maesters of his order as well, though it was not something talked about beyond the walls of the Citadel. All the world knew that a maester forged his silver link when he learned the art of healing—but the world preferred to forget that men who knew how to heal also knew how to kill.

LB,

there is the loophole of 'a council of the Faith'. If such a council can consist of the average septon and septa then Littlefinger can get an annulment for Sansa without ever leaving the Vale. Not to mention, you know, that they could proclaim Tyrion Lannister is 'presumed dead' and Sansa thus safely widowed. You don't need a death certificate in this society to remarry.

But I never said Littlefinger plans to marry Sansa to Harry. I said that it is quite clear that he wants to poison Lord Robert since he administered a lethal poison to him and outright states that Robert doesn't have chance to live long. I never said I had any idea about his future plans for Harry, but I'd actually be surprised if he did not want to marry Sansa to Harry.

Mithras,

don't fool yourself. The quote you gave is about the production of poisons, specifically the Strangler. And didn't Littlefinger have a hairnet full of Stranglers in his possession? How did he get that if he couldn't know that this poison existed and how to get it? I don't say he made it himself, but he obviously knew how to buy it...

Mithras,

don't fool yourself. The quote you gave is about the production of poisons, specifically the Strangler. And didn't Littlefinger have a hairnet full of Stranglers in his possession? How did he get that if he couldn't know that this poison existed and how to get it? I don't say he made it himself, but he obviously knew how to buy it...

As I told before, buying it as a customer does not mean that LF knows the drug tolerance effect which requires expertise and experience with poisons.

Okay, then Littlefinger as stupid enough to just trust some crook selling poisons telling him what the effects are? How do you think Littlefinger developed the notion of administering Sweetsleep to Robert in the first place? By talking to a maester (who would not talk with him about the topic) who mentioned the effect of the substance as a drug but did not mention any side effects - like the fact that the stuff is a poison?

And where do you think Littlefinger learned about the existence of the Strangler, the Tears of Lys, and Sweetsleep in the first place? He can only ask for stuff if he knows what he wants, right?

Archived