Westeros Experts League 2015

JJ Lannister

I obviously went to bed before the end of the draft. It took way too long.

I'll be looking to trade a QB and maybe an RB soon.

Mya - I sent you an offer and a PM.  Please get back to me if you have a minute.

Same to you Blu Ray.

And everyone else - I'm open to dealing with anybody.  Just figured those 2 made the most sense given their rosters.  I obviously need a QB badly.  But I'll only do a fair deal.  Willing to give up AJ Green or Russ Wilson or some of my mid-tier guys to get it done, if necessary.

Yahoo apparently really liked my draft.

I have depth at pretty much every position that I can trade for upgrades.

Not to jinx you, but I have tanked every single year that Yahoo gave me the best draft grade....

Your roster does look good though.

Need to trade, all proposals will be considered. With the cluster f##k that was my draft, I'm in need of WR and QB upgrades. AP, Lynch, Ellington, Gordon, Graham, Kelce, or any combination can be had. I know I will have to take discounts to upgrade these positions, but would prefer not to get bent over. I will be sending out offers that I think are fair, sends counters if you don't like what I send and we'll see what we can do.

Trade between me and Bluray.

I get Alex Smith + Tyrod Taylor

Bluray gets Brian Quick + Brian Hoyer

I've got Quick rated pretty high and don't love losing him, but I had to do something to make my QB2 situation respectable.  I'm kind of amazed that I've now got an Alex Smith/Tyrod Taylor rotation as my QB2 in two separate leagues.  Not how I drew it up, but I guess it could be worse.  Should be able to play matchups with them.  Plus, I'm still on the lookout for additional upgrades. 

Anyway, here's my new team heading into week 1.

QB - R.Wilson, A.Smith (T.Taylor)

RB - E.Lacy, C.Ivory, T.Yeldon (A.Williams, R.Bush, D.Robinson, C.Michael, J.Starks, Dam.Williams)

WR - A.Green, J.Matthews, P.Garcon, R.Randle (T.Lockett, D.Bowe)

TE - R.Gronkowski, R.Rodgers

K - C.Parkey

DEF - Kansas City, Cincinnati (Detroit)

BluRay got pirated.  Hard.  Total gift trade.  it should have come with an Interpol warning.

Yeah, I disagree.  I've got Quick as a top 30 WR, and think I gave up a good and underrated player here.

But if you like Smith + Tyrod that much, then we should totally talk trade in Westeros C.

BluRay got pirated.  Hard.  Total gift trade.  it should have come with an Interpol warning.

That is  highway robbery... Two starting QBs for a guy who has had 46 receptions in three years and Brian Hoyer? 

Yahoo has this trade evaluated at 146 points in favor of WJ... This really should not be allowed.

There's definitely WJ trades worthy of complaint but not when it involves Tyrod Taylor and Alex Smith. These are two QBs who range on just about any draft list from QB20-QB30 or guys who shouldn't be starting. Quick is about the same among WRs. This is like those old Groz-Bronn trades rolling nickels back and forth. 

There's definitely WJ trades worthy of complaint but not when it involves Tyrod Taylor and Alex Smith. These are two QBs who range on just about any draft list from QB20-QB30 or guys who shouldn't be starting. Quick is about the same among WRs. This is like those old Groz-Bronn trades rolling nickels back and forth. 

I can see your point here, but giving someone 150 point advantage in a trade is still crazy. 

That is  highway robbery... Two starting QBs for a guy who has had 46 receptions in three years and Brian Hoyer? 

Yahoo has this trade evaluated at 146 points in favor of WJ... This really should not be allowed.

Any trade involving a QB would be an enormous upgrade for me due to the lack of QBs on my roster.

The reaction here is here is mind boggling.  We're talking about Alex Smith and Tyrod Taylor.  Two guys in the bottom third of most QB rankings.  And he's getting back a good WR.  People seem to forget that Quick put up 9.9, 7.4, 12.2, and 20.7 points in his first 4 games last year, before 2 bad games and then an injury. 

But hey, that's cool.  Go ahead and offer me Geno Smith, Fred Jackson, + Cordarrelle Patterson for Russ Wilson, Eddie Lacy, + AJ Green in a childish protest.  Makes sense.

Any trade involving a QB would be an enormous upgrade for me due to the lack of QBs on my roster.

The reaction here is here is mind boggling.  We're talking about Alex Smith and Tyrod Taylor.  Two guys in the bottom third of most QB rankings.  And he's getting back a good WR.  People seem to forget that Quick put up 9.9, 7.4, 12.2, and 20.7 points in his first 4 games last year, before 2 bad games and then an injury. 

But hey, that's cool.  Go ahead and offer me Geno Smith, Fred Jackson, + Cordarrelle Patterson for Russ Wilson, Eddie Lacy, + AJ Green in a childish protest.  Makes sense.

Brian Quick has 46 receptions in three years dude... starting QB's in this league is a premium. I have Geno Smith on my bench, and there are people in worse shape than me. 

Every single trade I have seen you offer is lopsided to your advantage in crazy ways. This is 150 point difference on the boards and it is not even close to a fair trade. I may not make any decisions here, but I am going to call things out this year.

Brian Quick has 46 receptions in three years dude... starting QB's in this league is a premium. I have Geno Smith on my bench, and there are people in worse shape than me. 

Every single trade I have seen you offer is lopsided to your advantage in crazy ways. This is 150 point difference on the boards and it is not even close to a fair trade. I may not make any decisions here, but I am going to call things out this year.

:rolleyes:

I'm not getting into this stuff this year.  Enjoy your drama, man.  Any sane person can see the truth here.

:rolleyes:

I'm not getting into this stuff this year.  Enjoy your drama, man.  Any sane person can see the truth here.

I don't know what sort of drama that you believe that you are above, but two people here in this thread have made mention that you have an unfair trade on the boards, and this thread isn't even checked all that often. 

This is the subject at hand. You have proposed a trade that gives you a 150 point advantage and are defending it. In my experience playing with you, this is not at all uncommon because last year, you offered me trade after trade that were similarly skewed in your favor that I rejected time and time again.

Now I am saying that I object to this particular trade. I guess JJ Lannister will have to make a decision about it. Fair enough. He is the commissioner. 

In other news, I have a trade pending with Castle Black Crows... K Stills/J Grahm for M Edwards/L Fitzgerald. I am down almost 30 points here, but I have a deep WR bench and no backup TE options. I think this is fair.

Archived