Direwolves Baseball Game?

So who's all going to this shindig in Staten Island? If so when do you plan on arriving?  Autographs will be limited.

Also, let me get your opinion on what to get signed.  Pick 2, myself and a guest will be going.

ADWD 1st edition

GOT Limited edition slip case from BN

TWOIAF

Rogues Anthology

Dangerous Women Anthology.

Thanks!

We're sadly out of town this weekend, or we would have totally gone. :(

No opinion on which books to get signed -- that's not something I'm very into.

That stinks!! They have so many other things planned like a Night's Watch oath on the field and jousting.

I'll be there (with 3 kids in tow--eek), but I'm not much for autographs, so I don't know what I'd have signed.  I just want a hat and to enter the raffle for the game-worn jerseys.

YES I am pumped to enter the raffle.  Ever been to a SI Yankees game?  They are pretty fun and there will be a lot of GOT themed stuff on the field in between innings. Definitely looking forward to snagging a hat too.  Enjoy!

I haven't, actually.  I usually go to Cyclones games or, funnily enough, Renegades games as I have family in Poughkeepsie.  Looking forward to seeing the stadium--I love riding the ferry.

I have not made it to a Cyclones or Renegades game yet!  Weird since I live so close- I'm from GRRM's hometown actually so I am right next to Staten Italy.

From a $ aspect, I would get the B&N limited signed, for anything else it doesn't matter, you're still meeting the grrm.

Thanks for your input! Part of me wanted to buy a 1st edition AGOT off ebay and get it signed lol.

I'm trying to get my sister to go to this and send me the hat, which is fantastic. She goes to a lot of minor league games, though usually the Cyclones. Wolf on the field!! It's a can't-miss!

I have tickets.  I'll forgo getting anything signed, can always ask George at a con.  Any idea what time the gates open?  Given that the Bayonne Bridge is slated to be closed tomorrow as part of the reconstruction process, I'll have to loop around a bit and probably try and get there by 4;00 p.m. just in case the traffic is problematic.  Plus there are numerous notices of parking limitations due to construction.  :-(

I have tickets.  I'll forgo getting anything signed, can always ask George at a con.  Any idea what time the gates open?  Given that the Bayonne Bridge is slated to be closed tomorrow as part of the reconstruction process, I'll have to loop around a bit and probably try and get there by 4;00 p.m. just in case the traffic is problematic.  Plus there are numerous notices of parking limitations due to construction.  :-(

I met GRRM and he signed my 1st edition ADWD!!! and Yeah I live in Bayonne.  It was frustrating living about a mile from the stadium as the crow flies but having to take the Goethals.  People were lined up at the LF gate and Main gate like lunatics but the right field gate was WIDE OPEN. I arrived 4pm and was the 2nd person in line.  Once the gates open i just had to hoof it from RF to LF to get a bracelet but being 2nd in line paid off big time.  Too many people lined up in LF and didn't take the time to survey their surroundings.

How about that wolf marking his territory on the field?  I lost it!

Had a great time and it bothers me there's a handful of people complaining about it on the SI Yankees social media sites.  This is why we cant have nice things.  Overgrown children who do no research and think they can get off the ferry at 530 to get a book signed!!  It was a great experience and the GOT theme was apparent in every aspect of the game down to the uniforms, music, and people chanting SHAME after a strikeout!

Had a good time.  Didn't need anything signed, so I just made sure to get there in times for hats, and was pleasantly surprised by the free books.  I'm not sure if I have actually read Fevre Dream, and I can always use another copy of AGoT to lend out.

Pretty high-quality and sharp-looking hats, too.  I got to keep 3 of them, too, because only one of the kids really cared.  They were more in it for the ice cream and churros and cotton candy.  :p

My favorite part was them using the "SHAME *ding* SHAME *ding* SHAME" sound bite every time one of the Hudson Valley players struck out.

Had a good time.  Didn't need anything signed, so I just made sure to get there in times for hats, and was pleasantly surprised by the free books.  I'm not sure if I have actually read Fevre Dream, and I can always use another copy of AGoT to lend out.

My favorite part was them using the "SHAME *ding* SHAME *ding* SHAME" sound bite every time one of the Hudson Valley players struck out.

FD is a good read.  The SHAME bit is hilarious.

I think I remember them doing the SHAME bit when one of the Hudson Valley pitchers hit a Direwolves player, too, and once when one of their fielders made an error.  Half the people around me were cracking up, the other half were like "What the fuck is that?"

The SHAME bit was hilarious!  Even if you didn't get to meet GRRM the GOT theme was so apparent in every phase of the game.  Made it very enjoyable.  I loved the wolf howling every time they scored a run and GRRM saying he won't have to kill another Stark after all.

I met GRRM and he signed my 1st edition ADWD!!! and Yeah I live in Bayonne.  It was frustrating living about a mile from the stadium as the crow flies but having to take the Goethals.  People were lined up at the LF gate and Main gate like lunatics but the right field gate was WIDE OPEN. I arrived 4pm and was the 2nd person in line.  Once the gates open i just had to hoof it from RF to LF to get a bracelet but being 2nd in line paid off big time.  Too many people lined up in LF and didn't take the time to survey their surroundings.

How about that wolf marking his territory on the field?  I lost it!

Had a great time and it bothers me there's a handful of people complaining about it on the SI Yankees social media sites.  This is why we cant have nice things.  Overgrown children who do no research and think they can get off the ferry at 530 to get a book signed!!  It was a great experience and the GOT theme was apparent in every aspect of the game down to the uniforms, music, and people chanting SHAME after a strikeout!

I grew up in Bayonne and moved to Lebanon Township in Hunterdon County, NJ some 16 or 17 years ago.  Would have used the Bayonne Bridge, but with the closure, the Skyway out, etc. Google Maps showed the Outerbridge Crossing as the best way.  

Here's a photo of George and [Dire]wolf leaving the field after the presentation of the donation to the wolf preserve.  The photo is not the best, difficult to focus with the backstop netting in between.  This is in the public folder of my Dropbox account,  Hope it works:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/96207828/KDB_GRRM_SIDirewolves.JPG

Here's a photo of George and [Dire]wolf leaving the field after the presentation of the donation to the wolf preserve.  The photo is not the best, difficult to focus with the backstop netting in between.  This is in the public folder of my Dropbox account,  Hope it works:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/96207828/KDB_GRRM_SIDirewolves.JPG

Pic worked like a charm!  Thanks for posting it.  And yeah it was nuts living less than 1 mile from the Stadium as the bird flies but having to take the Goethals.  

So as a Bayonne person how do you find life outside of it compares?  It's a town where I've always felt that living elsewhere would be better, but out of all my friends that have moved to nicer parts of NJ I haven't been to one place I'd rather live (realistically of course).  I guess I'm stuck here.

Archived