NFL Training Camp 2015: Finally Learned the Playbook

Jace, Extat

Fitting for the one NFL franchise with a lucky charms symbol on their helmets. (Celtics have been pretty lucky too...hmmmmm)

But you not only have one of the contenders, you have Manning 2.0 in all facets. It's uncanny.The upgrade has given the prototype strength and athleticism that 1.0 most definitely didn't have, but it's the exact same script to this point: big stat, cerebral, prodigy dominates league...and gets knocked out of the playoffs by Tom Brady every year.

The difference I see is early Polian (now going into the HoF) had a great eye for talent. I'm not at all convinced Grigson does. It's mind-boggling to consider that Luck probably has a higher upside than Manning but may never reach it because I doubt he'll ever have the same kind of talent around him. T.Y Hilton, Coby Fleeer and an aging Andre Johnson and Frank Gore are nice pieces but they don't hold a candle to Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark and Edgerrin James. Let alone defensive pieces like Freeney, Sanders and (a young) Mathis....

I love Ryan Grigson's aggression, and I simply adore Chuck Pagano. But I won't be disappointed to see them go. Both were great for gutting a team that Polian had let rot at the core, but you're absolutely right in your assessment. Right now there's not enough talent on the field to get this team to a championship, let alone reach Luck's ceiling. This guy could easily throw for 50 TD's and run for 10 more in a single season. But the defense can't stop people from milking the clock, the running game will be lucky to get 1 great year from Gore, and the signing of Andre Johnson was a mistake (I'm more upset with the length of the 'U' boys' contracts, 3 years).

Chuck also hasn't done his part defensively. The Colts smother bad/mediocre offenses like the I.R. Bengals or the Ravens, but against the quality competition it's like they don't know what they're supposed to do. That's on Pagano to me, the Colts need to be a better prepared football team defensively.

They've done an admirable job getting the team back to respectability, but it's time for a change. 

He can sneer at PFM, but he'll be fortunate if he's still able to put up 39 TDs at age 38 (i.e. this year), let alone Favre's 33 TD at 40.

I should probably just recuse myself from any Brady conversation at this point, but the guy is coming off like more of a Fathead everytime he opens his mouth or sends a text. 

http://s1336.photobucket.com/user/Lumpy67/media/inflated%20footballs%20rings_zps2bfzbyif.jpg.html

Whoever said Luck vs. Wilson is the new Manning vs. Brady is right. (It's also the new Twilight. Team Luck 4ever!)

All that's missing is the same charisma. Luck has a drooling/personal hygiene problem and Wilson is the squarest human being (robot?) alive. Then again Manning and Brady have had their less stellar moments.  

Apparently though Brady has 7-8 years left so maybe this should be Luck vs. Wilson vs. Brady? Nothing gives him a hard-on like preventing the young guys from getting rings. 

Sam Bradford will be the new Drew Brees. I can dream cant I? Or in most Eagles cases a flop and we will have to continue to search for a new QB.  :bawl:

Sam Bradford will be the new Drew Brees. I can dream cant I? Or in most Eagles cases a flop and we will have to continue to search for a new QB.  :bawl:

Sam Bradford wasn't nearly as good in STL as Brees was in San Diego. 

Injury reports are flooding in from training camps. Two new names to add to my 'I hope you tear every ligament in your body' list. Junior Galette and Greg Hardy made the leap this year, which brings the total to 3.

Otherwise it looks like Michael Floyd dislocated 3 fingers, Barkevious Mingo should miss a month with a knee, and Arian Foster is having groin surgery.

After drafting accused rapist Jameis Winston, Buccaneers launch hilariously condescending women's outreach initiative: "Red."

Right above the feature on the unveiling of the cheerleaders calendar, they explain to the wimmenz what a play clock is, probably so they don't have to bother their husbands/boyfriends with questions about what those numbers on the corner of the screen are and why they keep ticking down.

Injury reports are flooding in from training camps. Two new names to add to my 'I hope you tear every ligament in your body' list. Junior Galette and Greg Hardy made the leap this year, which brings the total to 3.

Otherwise it looks like Michael Floyd dislocated 3 fingers, Barkevious Mingo should miss a month with a knee, and Arian Foster is having groin surgery.

Out of curiosity, who is the other 1?

Out of curiosity, who is the other 1?

I'll give you 3 hints.

He's a fat fuck rapist pig who plays for the 'classy' Steelers.

Every time I hear his nickname I throw up in my mouth.

And if he died on the field I'd praise the man who delivered the blow.

I think you're misremembering Brees in San Diego. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BreeDr00.htm

The numbers are very similar to Bradford in St. Louis, http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BradSa00.htm

You are comparing apples to oranges here though. The rules have completely changed in favor of the QB since Brees was in San Diego in 2006. Everyone's numbers have gone considerably up. Bradford is making the same number now in an easier system than Brees did under the old rules.

When you combine that with the fact that Bradford is made of peanut brittle, I believe the Eagles are in for some trouble in the QB department. I can't wait for Chip Kelly to think himself out of the league.

You are comparing apples to oranges here though. The rules have completely changed in favor of the QB since Brees was in San Diego in 2006. Everyone's numbers have gone considerably up. Bradford is making the same number now in an easier system than Brees did under the old rules.

When you combine that with the fact that Bradford is made of peanut brittle, I believe the Eagles are in for some trouble in the QB department. I can't wait for Chip Kelly to think himself out of the league.

Don't pretend you're not also secretly wishing to ride the Tebow Train again.

I think you're misremembering Brees in San Diego.

The numbers are very similar to Bradford in St. Louis, http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BradSa00.htm

Yeah, I'm probably misremembering that time Bradford led his team to the playoffs with 27 tds, 7 ints and 7.9 y/a.  Oh right, that was Brees in 2004, and Bradford never came close to any of those numbers.  The 4 year numbers are only somewhat close because Brees had a pretty nasty sophomore slump, which lots of great quarterbacks have.  But if you take out those first two years for each player, here's what you get:

Bradford (2012-14):  23 games started.  25 games missed for injury.  35 tds, 17 ints.  6.6 y/a. 

Brees (2004-05):  31 games started.  1 game missed for injury.  51 tds, 22 ints.  7.5 y/a. 

Those are NOT comparable.  One is an elite quarterback, the other is an OK quarterback who can't stay healthy.  Bradford's best season was 2012, and that season is virtually identical with Andy Dalton's average. 

This is also true.  Another point for Brees.

Yeah, I'm probably misremembering that time Bradford led his team to the playoffs with 27 tds, 7 ints and 7.9 y/a.  Oh right, that was Brees in 2004, and Bradford never came close to any of those numbers.  The 4 year numbers are only somewhat close because Brees had a pretty nasty sophomore slump, which lots of great quarterbacks have.  But if you take out those first two years for each player, here's what you get:

Bradford (2012-14):  23 games started.  25 games missed for injury.  25 tds, 17 ints.  6.6 y/a. 

Brees (2004-05):  31 games started.  1 game missed for injury.  51 tds, 22 ints.  7.5 y/a. 

Those are NOT comparable.  One is an elite quarterback, the other is an OK quarterback who can't stay healthy.  Bradford's best season was 2012, and that season is virtually identical with Andy Dalton's average. 

This is also true.  Another point for Brees.

It's 35 TDs for bradford, not 25  And Brees played 2004-05 with prime years Antonio Gates and LaDainian Tomlinson, two first ballot hall of famers (well Gates may be out for PEDs, but still). Bradford was playing with Zac Stacy, Austin Pettis, and a washed up Stephen Jackson.  Bradford was on pace for almost exactly 27 and 7 the year he got hurt, and doing it with the absolute worst possible group of skill position players.

Chip Kelly just bet his NFL coaching career on Bradford, which should tell you a lot.

SportsCenter is reporting that Aldon Smith was arrested last night for vandalism and DUI.

Fantastic.

I'd say it's time to cut ties and just go full on tank mode. :crying:

It's 35 TDs for bradford, not 25 

My bad, that was a typo, I'll go back and fix it. 

And Brees played 2004-05 with prime years Antonio Gates and LaDainian Tomlinson, two first ballot hall of famers (well Gates may be out for PEDs, but still). Bradford was playing with Zac Stacy, Austin Pettis, and a washed up Stephen Jackson.  Bradford was on pace for almost exactly 27 and 7 the year he got hurt, and doing it with the absolute worst possible group of skill position players.

Everybody's got excuses.  Good quarterbacks make average receivers look good.  Bradford has never been able to do that. 

Chip Kelly just bet his NFL coaching career on Bradford, which should tell you a lot.

Because Chip Kelly doesn't make mistakes?  It tells me that coaches are willing to take crazy risks in the hope of getting a franchise quarterback. 

With Bradford there are three HUGE ifs on him.

1. IF he can came back and be the player he was.

2. IF he can continue to develop into a star player, which he hasn't done in five years in the league.

3. IF he can stay healthy year after year, something he has completely failed to do thus far. 

All three of those work out?  Then yes, Kelly and the Eagles got their franchise guy.  We'll see, but it looks a lot hazier than Brees did, when only question #1 was a problem. 

Archived