Cricket 29: The Kings of Method Sledging

Xray the Enforcer

With "46 all out" now dancing through my mind, I am curious to hear just how horrible Straya's first innings total will be.

Score is currently 46-8.

I'll set the line at 66. Who takes the over and who takes the under?

Nevermind that. Smart money is definitely with the under.

There goes Johnson.

Having grown up watching cricket in the nineties I still kind of expect Australia relentlessly grind us into the dirt every time we play them. It's always a bit of a surprise to see them struggling.

You know, the sad thing is that I'm not actually that outraged at being bowled out in less than 20 overs.

I'm more outraged about the fact that I should have seen it coming and put some money on England to win this Test.

I switch on the telly, an England is batting. I thought there was a rain delay. Nope I had missed the ENTIRE Aussie innings! This certainly outdoes any calypso collapsos I've seen.

It's disgraceful. Even Shane Watson used to hit about three good-looking fours before he got out LBW, whereas this lot went in the single figures.

If England can bat for a reasonable period of time the lack of a fourth seamer for the Australians might be a bit of an issue. Especially given they like to use Johnson in short bursts to keep him sharp.

ETA: Smith deflects a chance over Clarke in the slips. It's really not their day.

Archived