Westeros Football League C

Whiskeyjack

Definitely not the draft I expected.  WR cost way more than they usually do in our expanded roster leagues, which threw me off a bit.  In the end, I like my team, but it's not necessarily what I set out to draft.

Starters

QB - A.Luck, A.Smith

RB - M.Lynch, C.Anderson, C.Ivory

WR - J.Matthews, D.Adams, Ch.Johnson, A.Boldin

TE - L.Green

K - C.Parkey

DEF - Seattle

Bench

QB - R.Fitzpatrick, T.Taylor

RB - I.Crowell, R.Mathews, K.Davis, R.Hillman, R.Turbin

WR - B.Quick, T.Montgomery

TE - A.Gates

If I could go back and change anything, it would probably be to pass on Lynch or Anderson (even though I liked their prices) and use that money to upgrade at QB2 and maybe WR and TE.  But this was still pretty good for a first draft, and I still have a few leagues left to try out different strategies.

Expanded roster fantasy is won with depth.  Thus my draft strategy.

QB: Brady, Tannehill (Stafford, Foles)
WR: K. Allen, A. Robinson, J. Landry, J. Brown (T. Williams, E. Decker, S. Smith, M. Wallace, V. Cruz)
RB: E. Lacy, L. Miller, J. Forsett (TJ Yeldon, B. Sankey, J. Starks)
TE: Witten
K: M. Bryant
DT: Jets

Starters

QB- S.Bradford and some rotation of J.Winston and Mariota

WR- D.Thomas, Ca.Johnson, M.Evans, D.Hopkins

RB- J.Stewart. R. Jennings, A.Blue

TE- Rotation of Jordan Cameron and Tyler Eifert

K- B.Walsh

DST- Houston

Bench

WR: M.Bryant, D.Jackson, M.Wheaton,

RB: A.Foster, D.Johnson, A.Williams, C. Artis-Payne

TE: K. Rudolph

I think I did a little too much waiting, but I got Foster for pretty cheap if he returns to form. I also felt like I got reasonable deals on my WR corp. I'm pretty weak at RB though and I'm a little too dependent on the development of rookie QBs, so this may not work out very well.

QB - R. Wilson, P. Manning (D. Carr, B. Hoyer, K. Cousins)

RB - D. Murray, C. Spiller, L. Blount (T. Mason, T. Coleman, DeAngelo Williams, Duke Johnson, D. Freeman)

WR - R. Cobb, A. Jeffery, A. Johnson, V. Jackson (N. Agholor, D. Montcrief, B. Perriman)

TE - T. Kelce

K - None yet

D - STL Rams

Like WJ was surprised how expensive WRs were and how cheap RBs and especially QBs were. All in all I'm pretty happy with how it went. Was happy I could get two top 5 QBs without busting my budget. Think WR will also prove above average - glad I stayed out of the bidding on the elite WRs. Also glad to get Kelce.

The clear weakness on this team is no true RB2. However will, I think, have one for the first two weeks with DeAngelo Williams, hopefully long enough for the ATL RB situation to sort itself out or one of the other young guys emerging.

QB - R. Wilson, P. Manning (D. Carr, B. Hoyer, K. Cousins)

Like WJ was surprised how expensive WRs were and how cheap RBs and especially QBs were. All in all I'm pretty happy with how it went. Was happy I could get two top 5 QBs without busting my budget. Think WR will also prove above average - glad I stayed out of the bidding on the elite WRs. Also glad to get Kelce.

I will be surprised if you end up with one top 5 QB.  I don't think Wilson will throw enough and I think this is Peyton's fork year.

QB - Romo, Rodgers (Kap)

RB - Morris, Ingram and Hyde (Gray, Helu Jr.)

WR - Maclin, Marshall, Watkins and Cook (LaFell, Torrey Smith, Marvin Jones)

Te - Walker, Bennett (seferian-jenkins)

K - Bailey 

Defense - Bills

Not bad, but not good either. lol 

I like my QBs, and i think Watkins and Cook will have huge years. Morris and Ingram can be damn solid, Bailey is usually a beast and Buffalo's defense is pretty good.

Hopefully injuries don't take a toll because i had to leave after i picked my starters, so my bench.....is not good. lol 

QB: Jay Cutler, Carson Palmer, RGIII

RB: Adrian Peterson, Todd Gurley, Ameer Abdullah, Fred Jackson, Denard Robinson, Dan Herron

WR: Percy Harvin, T.Y. Hilton, A.J. Green, Golden Tate, Dorial Green-Beckham, Doug Baldwin, Stevie Johnson

TE: Charles Clay, Zach Ertz

K: Stephen Gostkowski

Defense: Denver, Kansas City

I fucked myself here by trying out a new system and then almost missing the draft. I'm hitching my proverbial wagon to the Bills in a big way here, and since Fitzy was stolen from me I'm stuck hoping that Jay can get me 10 points a week.

QB: Brees, Bortles, Jimmy Garropolophagus

RB: J Hill, Dougie Martin, Giovanni Fissure Bernard, Reggie Bush, Sproles, Ball (weird to think his ADP was rd 4 a couple years ago)

WR: Dez, Cooper (Amari, that is), Manny Sanders, Roddy White, Kenny Still, Bowe

TE: Jimmy G, Dwayne Allen

I kinda fucked myself by spending too much too early, but I like my team. I know Bortles threw a lot of picks last year but I was in serious danger of not having a second starting QB whom actually starts IRL. Whoa. Oh, and my Cooper gaff is still making me laugh. A couple bucks too much, perhaps, but hopefully he'll have an ODB type season (eh, unlikely) and I'll be content.

Well, Julius Thomas is down for a bit.  Picked up Larry Donnell.  And going to sit on Scott Chandler for a while.  He's a Gronk injury and Brady reinstatement away from being the a top 3 TE IMO.

Let's hope my young receivers step up.  between Funchess, Wright, and DeVante Parker, I hope to have at least 2 decent options behind Antonio Brown.

• 2 weeks later...

Not that my best other choice for WR would have done much, but I didn't even Devante Parker on the field today.  Rishard Matthews would have been a better choice for Dolphins receivers.  

I also changed from Vereen to Sammy 'Bagel' Watkins in my money PPR league at about 1:03 PM for the flex position.  Doh.

• 1 month later...

OK, just made a swap of QBs with the Faceless Men.  I get Joe 'uninjured and eligible to play week 10' Flacco, and Derek gets Roethlisberger.

Out of the four offers I made for QB this morning, this was probably my least favorite, since I really only need this desparately for one week.  It will probably help me next week as well though, since Ben is on a bye and Flacco is better option than Gabbert and probably Bridgewater. 

Jaime didn't respond in time to my offer for Cousins, Steve's counter for Landry Jones was frankly ridiculous for a one week rental, and Bronn and I just couldn't get a deal done before this offer got accepted.

Top six teams make the playoffs right?

Made another deal today.  Sending Frank Gore from my bench to the starting lineup of Thousand Sons, getting back DeSean Jackson from his bench to my lineup, and sending Delanie Walker to him for Tyler eifert to help even it out.  I think we both got better.  Just have to dodge the injury bug.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived