TTTNE 457: Late Summer at Casterly Rock--Travels and Hugos and School OH MY!

DreamSongs

Ahoy! *waves*

So I see the spam has been very slow in the last month. :idea: I was at sea the past a little less than two weeks now, so I could not read much. Congrats Bex on the win, I hope you feel better RB, fingers crossed for all trying to find jobs, finish projects etc. Still waiting for a story from Nym. ;)

Summer story:

Was in Vienna until half of July, did exams, wrote assignments etc. Still waiting for one grade, grrrr.

Story involving one gentleman and two heartbreaks. I guess this is what I will remember this summer by.

Home for a bit over a week

Seaside

*this is where we are now*

From the end of August till the middle of September (I guess this can still count as summer, depending on the weather), I will be at a summer course. We are just trying to organise the transport there.

It might be interesting to post about what I read recently.

JKR: Casual Vacancy.

It did not grab me in the beginning, but it got more interesting once I got to know all the characters and how they are all connected with each other. Very shocking ending. Decent book (but no HP).

Robin Hobb: Blood of Dragons.

[spoiler]As I have been warned, this book feels very rushed in the end. Chalced, which was the enemy to mention for like 10 books before that, falls in one chapter that describes one day without even a real battle. Hest gets eaten in the middle of his constant plotting and there really is not any aftermath, so the Alise/Hest plotline that was one of the most important ones to start with did not really get any sort of conclusion. Thymara's flight and Thymara/Tats just feel like an afterthought. :dunno: I guess there were too many storylines and characters so none could be properly developed in the end. It is still Hobb and I love reading it, but it is by far not Liveships.[/spoiler]

I have Fool's Assassin waiting for me now! I had it with me at sea, but my copy is too pretty (and signed!), so I did not want to take it to the beach.

Walter Moers Hildegunst von M: Labyrinth of Dreaming Books.

I just started to read this one. Neumond, where are you? I have trouble deciphering some of the anagrams! :read:

I need to get back to writing my MA and the article which I have been neglecting to do for some time now. :( Especially because I am away in September again. I might have, as is my habit, gotten too much work on my shoulders again (I have been working on grammar editing of a book, which I still need to finish soon).

Enjoy the seaside, Buck! :grouphug:
And thanks for sharing your reads, I've been eyeing casual vacancy for quite a while now but I guess I will pass on it.
Summer course, wow. Don't you ever get tired of school and academic work? Respect to your dedication and passion for your field of study.

I think Prince William's got greyscale.

Enjoy the seaside, Buck! :grouphug:
And thanks for sharing your reads, I've been eyeing casual vacancy for quite a while now but I guess I will pass on it.
Summer course, wow. Don't you ever get tired of school and academic work? Respect to your dedication and passion for your field of study.

I think Prince William's got greyscale.

Ah, I am back home now, otherwise I could not be posting like that. :P Seaside only has very unreliable Internet at the beach bar, where I can log in from my phone occasionally. But thanks. ;) It was not very eventful, I missed company and being with family all the time has now proved to be exhausting. But at least I could swim a bit and got a bit of colour. ;)

I have been planning to read Casual Vacancy for a long time now, then I picked it in the library before I went to the seaside because there was not much else to choose at the moment. I wanted to borrow Lies of Locke Lamora actually.

Oh. The thing with the summer course ... of course it is a course (pun unintended) where I learn interesting stuff and all, but it is also enjoyable because it is also at seaside and there is usually fun to be had there. So it is not that strictly academic all the time. And yes, obviously I get tired of school and academic work, I am dreading writing my MA and the article and all that I have to do now. :unsure: But you could say I like what I study. Most of it. Of course the big trouble with it is, it is hard to find work in fields I would want to.

Poor prince William! :O

Sounds like a fabulous summer Buckwheat! 

Yes. Especially the double heartbreak by the gentleman acting like an Arschloch and the following weeks of emotional recovery on my side. :P (I hope the majority has passed now.)

I have been planning to read Casual Vacancy for a long time now, then I picked it in the library before I went to the seaside because there was not much else to choose at the moment. I wanted to borrow Lies of Locke Lamora actually.

I've not been so excited to hear an opinion on books since The Lies of Lock Lamora!

:leaving:

As for Blood of Dragons, well. yeah. agreed.

Fool's Quest comes out tomorrow! :D I have it pre-ordered for a midnight download. Do no expect me to surface tomorrow :blush:

I've not read J.K Rowling's non-HP stuff. I've heard that the Casual Vacancy is quite bleak though (as in the content, not that it isn't good)

Bex, glad you are getting off Night shift. :)

Delilah!

Bex, I will ask the vet about that, but to my laic mind it makes perfect sense. :bowdown:

Buck, if you love your field you will find work in it, don't worry. It matters so much whether you are passionate about it or not. If you love and we all know you do, you will surely find a job in the same area you love just as much. Well, the seaside is always good. okay that's an overstatement. I don't even remember what the row was about, I just remember being so upset I went back to the hotel and had three Cuba Libres. The bartender was a lovely dude, he gave me a snack bowl with the second and third one. Might have had something to do with the tips I gave too, but I appreciated the gesture a lot. Those snack bowls made me feel like at least someone (this lovely bartender) cared about me. Oh memories... *clears throat*
I never go to libraries anymore :blush:

Aw boy, my friend's mom just messaged me (through my friend) that she's really happy I'm feeling better. I feel so loved. I love that lady. She is such a darling.

:kiss:   Greetings my spamily.  I love  you guys more than my real family.

I friended a bunch of cousins on FB this week. One just posted a video of a woman applying foundation powder and said "Women are so fucking fake" unfriend!

OK...this is slow, even for summer spam.  

Get spamming TTTNE!  

POST YOUR SUMMER ANTHEM!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh3Kk5tZSmo

NO ROOM FOR HATERS!

I friended a bunch of cousins on FB this week. One just posted a video of a woman applying foundation powder and said "Women are so fucking fake" unfriend!

NO ROOM FOR HATERS!

ok

Morning, y'all!

god is good my friends have a good day

I wish you the same!

NO ROOM FOR HATERS!

Lany! :kiss:

I forgot to congratulate you on your job, I believe. But now. I'm doing it. Congrats! :cheers:

heeeeeeeyyyy :)

No time to post atm, busy packing for family trip to maine!!!  God, why do we have to leave before 9 am ;(  Hope to post more later.  Seafood awaits!!!!!

oh, summer anthem, right.  hmmm..... how about......  this?  or this?  Also this :)

Cheers!!!   :cheers:

Have a great trip, my friend! Eat some crabs for me. =o)

Hi spam team!  

Hi, BlueRose! :kiss: How are you?

Good morning my lovelies :kiss:

Happy Friday Eve :D

Morning, y'all!

I wish you the same!

Lany! :kiss:

I forgot to congratulate you on your job, I believe. But now. I'm doing it. Congrats! :cheers:

Have a great trip, my friend! Eat some crabs for me. =o)

Hi, BlueRose! :kiss: How are you?

Thanks!  I am enjoying it.  They are finally starting to give us stuff to do.  and with that, I must head out the door

Sis... I also missed you... :grouphug: I really did.

Good morning, everybody!

Gillio: :kiss: That avvie of yours is really cute.

yes, its my spring one, all the spring flowers are out!

NO ROOM FOR HATERS!

yes, my uncle in England is spewing a heap of Racist stuff, so I'm thinking of doing the same!

Sis... I also missed you... :grouphug: I really did.

Good morning, everybody!

Gillio: :kiss: That avvie of yours is really cute.

NO ROOM FOR HATERS!

yes, my uncle in England is spewing a heap of Racist stuff, so I'm thinking of doing the same!

Hey Gillio :) How are things?

Someone on my news feed posted a status saying we should send the army into the refugee camp at Calais and shoot them all "the dirty fucking creatures." Um, unfriend! People are the worst, time to retire and live with my books I think.

*crawls back into her room to read Fool's Quest*

Good morning my lovelies :kiss:

Happy Friday Eve :D

Thanks!  I am enjoying it.  They are finally starting to give us stuff to do.  and with that, I must head out the door

Merry Thursdaymas!
Glad you are enjoying work, have a great day!
How is Alex's Wild Cards story doing?

Archived