The "Last" Stannis Scene Makes It Obvious

KingOfTheWest

The "death" of Stannis happens early in the episode, and besides cutting away before the strike, we don't see either of the characters involved for the rest of the show.

We also have the "Do your duty" line, which makes it clear to Brienne that protecting Renly (and Sansa) was her duty, not avenging his death.

That is the common thread of discussion surrounding the fate of Stannis.

What no one talks about however, is the obvious position of Stannis' injured leg, and the angle of Brienne's strike. This is where they are taking that story.

Hop-Along Stannis.

Look at the interviews since...

Liam "I miss him" not "I will miss him."

The producer "That was always the intent - Stannis is dead." #Gratuitous

He could have survived that injury if he got help immediately.

I just wanna know...

How did Stannis make his way from being surrounded by cavalry in the open to sitting by a tree? Where were all the Bolten soldiers?!? AND HOW DID BRIENNE FIND HIM IN THE MIDDLE OF A BATTLE? WHAT THE HELL...

He could have survived that injury if he got help immediately.

I just wanna know...

How did Stannis make his way from being surrounded by cavalry in the open to sitting by a tree? Where were all the Bolten soldiers?!? AND HOW DID BRIENNE FIND HIM IN THE MIDDLE OF A BATTLE? WHAT THE HELL...

Remember, Pod and Brienne are in a different place. They're not taking part in the battle. It seemed to me that the hut they hid in was near the forest. Not near the battlefield.

Stannis somehow managed to get back to that forest, finishes off those two Bolton soldiers, and one of them cuts him quite deeply in the leg. He's got pains, and he isn't able to get away. Crawling makes no sense.

And yes, Stannis is dead.

I meant no disrespect. But who the fuck cares? Enough with Stannis theories already. What does it change in the story if he's alive or dead? He's done as a character. He is defeated, in the wilderness and winter is coming.

The only way they would make him be alive is to make him say "Death? Nothing could be worse than death." Bam! Next scene, Ice Maul resurrects him.

Stannis was in front of his army when the Bolton Cavalry decended upon them and Stannis seems like a fighter. Unless the Boltons suffered more casualites than we are led to believe, Stannis looked like he was either taking his time walking towards the woods or what is left of his baggage train. He did not run from the fighters or try and hide. He almost looked like he was leaving the area as there was no one left to kill. This is odd and poorly shot. He did not look like a run away so, where are all the men left alive, It made it look like, Stannis and the one Ramsay killed that was wounded were left of his forces and Ramsay, one retainer and the two Boltons Stannis killed, that is it. Where is everyone? This is the show so it probably does not matter.

Something that does not make sense on the show. Stannis was the last contender in Westeros to try and take the Throne from Cersei's bastards. You would think the Boltons should seek a reward for defeating him. You would think they would be sending ravens to Cersei seeking congratulations. All of this would seemingly put LF in a very precarious position but since it is the show. He will get away with it until the writers deem it time that he no longer does.

Something that does not make sense on the show. Stannis was the last contender in Westeros to try and take the Throne from Cersei's bastards. You would think the Boltons should seek a reward for defeating him. You would think they would be sending ravens to Cersei seeking congratulations. All of this would seemingly put LF in a very precarious position but since it is the show. He will get away with it until the writers deem it time that he no longer does.

You forgot Balon. But good spotting there!

Stannis is dead because he was a villain right from the get go. And this is not from D and D and their hatred for Stannis but from GRRM. In series 2, episode 10 Stannis states I murdered my brother. Not killed but murdered. GRRM wrote the episode before and no way in seven hells he did not fully approve of this key script line in the following episode, as he had major influence throughout the season as D and D were still in thrall to him and vice versa.

This would make sense if Stannis was killed halfway through the season instead of halfway through the final episode. Now are they going to do this next season? who knows.

Archived