Biggest criticism of the series ?

Lord Neddard Stark

Sure, but she handled it like the champ she pretty much always is. She just doesn't have the internal struggles of a Jaime or a Sansa...or even a Tyrion for that matter.

She doesn't handle it like a champ at all.

She literally says she has a hole in her heart, she refused to wake up to the world for a few days she stopped eating for a while. In ADWD she's having nightmares about her dead family. Arya is not handling anything like a champ out of all the characters I think she's one of the most damaged.

She doesn't handle it like a champ at all.

She literally says she has a hole in her heart, she refused to wake up to the world for a few days she stopped eating for a while. In ADWD she's having nightmares about her dead family. Arya is not handling anything like a champ out of all the characters I think she's one of the most damaged.

She's absolutely handles it like a champ.

Not eating for a few days and having a hole in her heart doesn't mark her as not handling it; but her going on with that hole in her heart definitely marks her as doing so.  And again, she does have nightmares, but she absolutely perseveres on her quest without any real doubts of her purpose or who she is.  That's also handling it like a champ.  Jaime and Sansa...not so much.

She's absolutely handles it like a champ.

Not eating for a few days and having a hole in her heart doesn't mark her as not handling it; but her going on with that hole in her heart definitely marks her as doing so.  And again, she does have nightmares, but she absolutely perseveres on her quest without any real doubts of her purpose or who she is.  That's also handling it like a champ.  Jaime and Sansa...not so much.

Really ? Arya at this point is a borderline psychopath. She's has lost everything in her life even her identity, her on way of holding onto her identity is holding onto the vengance she craves and hatred she feels, which is slowly consuming her and turning her into an emotionless killing machine... I don't know about you but I don't think that's "taking it like a champ" 

Really ? Arya at this point is a borderline psychopath. She's has lost everything in her life even her identity, her on way of holding onto her identity is holding onto the vengance she craves and hatred she feels, which is slowly consuming her and turning her into an emotionless killing machine... I don't know about you but I don't think that's "taking it like a champ"

You don't become a psychopath. Find a different descriptive adjective.

1 No Stannis PoV,those could be amusing
2.killing Viserys too soon, he made Danny' s characters entretaining,and after his death her characters became boring. Littlefinger plot armor, he could slap Tommen in KL and no one would do a shit about it, he caused the North vs westerland war,knowing about the knive the Lannisters gave him Harrenhal, and he became lord paramount of the Riverlands
4 Too many IB PoV.

Really? Borderline psychopath?  Considering a psychopath is (by definition) an insane sociopath, you will really have to back that one up.  She is becoming an assassin and the strong fighing, resourceful woman she always wanted to be in a harsh world cruel to almost all.  So, yeah she is definitely handling it like a champ.

I look forward to your proof of Arya's borderline psychopathy.

Hence why I said "borderline"...

Yes, but it's a common misconception.

Additionally, it's not true. Just because someone has a certain trait (Say, lack of empathy) doesn't make them borderline psychopathic. If that was the case, we'd ALL be borderline psychopathic.

They absolutely blew the Margaery-Cersei-Sparrow plot line.  However, they and Dormer turned a somewhat savvy, virginal (or semi-virginal) teenoid into a crafty, pragmatic, and sensual woman capable of being a contender in the GOT.

In the show Margaery is closer to Arianne than Margaery, that is probably why they cut Arienne, becuase they will have two characters that are the same

Really? Borderline psychopath?  Considering a psychopath is (by definition) an insane sociopath, you will really have to back that one up.  She is becoming an assassin and the strong fighing, resourceful woman she always wanted to be in a harsh world cruel to almost all.  So, yeah she is definitely handling it like a champ.

She's obsessed with death. she has very little empathy or remorse for the people she kills. and not all of them are fully bad people like... The guard at Harrenhal, The singer who said he wasn't going back to the wall (I don't remember is name)... It's been a while since I've read the later books but its clear that Arya's entire personality revolves around her hunger for vengeance. 

She's obsessed with death. she has very little empathy or remorse for the people she kills. and not all of them are fully bad people like... The guard at Harrenhal, The singer who said he wasn't going back to the wall (I don't remember is name)... It's been a while since I've read the later books but its clear that Arya's entire personality revolves around her hunger for vengeance. 

Ned Stark also killed a Night Watch's deserter. Is he obsessed with death?  She saved Sam. How does that fit in your tirade? Besides the victors inn Westeros are those willing to murder. People who are not willing to just become victims.

I see some similarities, but Margaery on the show wasn't nearly as reckless, wanton, and u pragmatic as Arianne.

Arienne would be like too close to Margaery especially in the show in which they dont have time for character development,look at Stannis sacrificing Shireen it had almost no momumentum, and they just add it for shock value.In the show Arienne would have become Margaery 2.0 or Cercei 2.0

How exactly is she "obsessed with death"?  Again, you need to back that unsupported suppostiion up.

And if killing people made without much empathy or remorse made one a borderline psycopath, then almost every killer in Westeros and Esseros would be one.  Bronn, Tywin, Dany (many times), Ygritte, Jaime Lannister, Loras; they've all killed without empathy or remorse.  I'm sorry, killing without much remorse or empathy in ASOIAF does not qualify you as a borderline psychopath.  And the quest for vengeance doesn't make one a borerline psychopath either, or Batman and The Count of Monte Cristo and many ASOIAF characters would also qualify.

So, you've got to try again.

Arienne would be like too close to Margaery especially in the show in which they dont have time for character development,look at Stannis sacrificing Shireen it had almost no momumentum, and they just add it for shock value.In the show Arienne would have become Margaery 2.0 or Cercei 2.0

Your argument here is unclear.  You said nothing addressing my statement at all.

I'm only getting involved because you're getting into the definition of a psychopath- they are NOT insane. You're maybe thinking of a schizophrenic? If you want to see the definition of psychopathy most accepted google the Bob Hare checklist.

Arya close family bonds prove she definitely isn't a psychopath, anyway. They can't form genuine loving bonds. She's more a naturally violent person mixed with PTSD. If you're looking for a psychopath in the books, I'd suggest Euron Greyjoy. Cersei is a good borderline psychopath.

Your argument here is unclear.  You said nothing addressing my statement at all.

In the show they dont have time to develop a character at all so they become much simpler characters, like Tyrion. Dorne is minor plot even in the books, so in the show they would not have time to develop Arianne as a character, and she would become Marg 2.0 or Cercei 2.0. And obviously Show Marg and Arienne are not the same, but they are pretty similar. Especially of how they aproach men

How exactly is she "obsessed with death"?  Again, you need to back that unsupported suppostiion up.

And if killing people made without much empathy or remorse made one a borderline psycopath, then almost every killer in Westeros and Esseros would be one.  Bronn, Tywin, Dany (many times), Ygritte, Jaime Lannister, Loras; they've all killed without empathy or remorse.  I'm sorry, killing without much remorse or empathy in ASOIAF does not qualify you as a borderline psychopath.  And the quest for vengeance doesn't make one a borerline psychopath either, or Batman and The Count of Monte Cristo and many ASOIAF characters would also qualify.

So, you've got to try again.

High five for mentioning my favorite book.

Yeah, yeah, heresy.

Archived