Do you think there will be a second Long Night? What will be the trigger?

LmL

The second long night will definitely come,and going by your essay,LmL,I suspect the main chunk of the second destroyed moon will land in Lands of Always Winter,thus,corrupting the source of ice magic,like the first moon did with the Shadowlands beyond Asshai.

I suspect Others,Children of the Forest,giants and all other non-human races KNOW it will happen through greenseeing and prepare themselves for southern invasion. They know the Wall will fall,and the only obstacle for their move down south will be humans. It becomes the question of survival for them,I believe.

And while Bloodstone Emperor corrupted dragons and fire magic and enslaved people,I believe Jon will enslave White Walkers to his service with Bran controlling an army of undead with his warging mind. "Thousand eyes and one". Bloodraven's training is going to transform Bran's powers tenfold.

And Jon is going to become the reincarnation of Bloodstone Emperor,he is going to wipe out Night's Watch or enslave them like Night's King once did,probably with Melisandre's help. Bran's main powers will come from blood magic,so I believe he will spare all those who will do blood sacrifices in front of weirwood trees for Old Gods (or him,in other words),so probably majority of northern population and wildlings will not be wiped out.

I also believe all those underground caves and passages are going to play bigger role when the Long Night comes. People will hide there from harsh winter like nuclear bunkers. But those who are deemed worthy.

All crackpottish,I know,but I really believe that Jon and Bran are going to become the first reunited Starks to cause havok and vengeance on Westeros.

The comet is too big for a tactical strike against the Wall or KL. If it hits Westeros, it would kill everyone.

-GRRM

HOW HAVE I NEVER SEEN THIS?!?

He's toying with us. Hah. Laying out the truth right there in plain sight.

As for killing everyone or not, that all depends on the size of the meteor.

HOW HAVE I NEVER SEEN THIS?!?

He's toying with us. Hah. Laying out the truth right there in plain sight.

As for killing everyone or not, that all depends on the size of the meteor.

I figure he means everyone in Westeros.  Suddenly Dany taking her time about going home seems a lot smarter.  :laugh:

I figure he means everyone in Westeros.  Suddenly Dany taking her time about going home seems a lot smarter.  :laugh:

I'm just reflecting on the idea that George is teasing his big secret like that right out in the open. I mean, I guess he figured he's been dropping astronomy hints since the first book, getting progressively more flagrant with each book, and nobody had figured it out yet - so he's like "what do I have to do to give people the idea? Maybe I'll just come out and fucking say it."  :devil:

Archived