On the show, are Sansa and Jon destined for each other's arms?

A Ghost of Someone

27 minutes ago, para said:

In terms of what Jon envisions as desirable future. It proceeds with multiple "I wouldn't bet on it happening", "unlike Jon/Sansa, my one true prediction is not [something that is not Jon/Sansa]" and a later posted: "stop laughing, it's not that far-fetched." If you got "it's inevitable" from that you need reading lessons.

I'm sorry, I literally can't follow what you're trying to say here.

But I think it is very interesting that we are 67 pages into people demanding a level of evidence that exists for nothing speculative but the defeat of the Others (and only because the alternative would be too much of a downer) while outside this thread a thousand Euron=Daario, Benjen=everyone, Cleganebowl, Heresy, whatever Preston Jacobs is on this week threads are left mostly unquestioned and unchallenged.

Heresy acknowledges it's batshit insane.  If you haven't seen the hundreds upon hundreds of pages of Euron/Daario, Benjen everyone, Cleganebowl, etc, you haven't ever taken a look at the book forum.  At this point, regulars just don't click on them, because the horse has been beaten so much, it's being mixed with ground beef in a shady business move. As far as PJ, I haven't seen many lately, but there used to be a ton of threads where someone would bring up one of his videos and it would be strongly argued against, pointing out where he failed and why in our minds.  Hell, PJ used to be a semi-active member here.

Obviously no one can deliver undeniable evidence of a future Jon/Sansa hook-up. But just as obviously there is no undeniable evidence that Jon/Dany will hook up. Or that Jon will ever know that he's not Ned's bastard. Or that Tyrion/Bran/Jon/Euron/Victorian/Arya will ride/warg a dragon. Because if we had that sort of evidence about something, we wouldn't have a discussion.

Because there is none.  Evidence is the sum of everything.  And while nothing about R+L=J is itself undeniable, the sum of the parts makes it beyond as reasonable a doubt as is possible in literature.  Nothing remotely comes close to the totality of evidence for SanSan, or the lack of evidence for Jonsa.

Until three episodes ago, the only people predicting Sandor's return were people having "Hype" and shippers. And neither was operating on evidence. And actually we still don't know if the Hound's return on the show signals his return in the books or if he just stands in for Lady Stoneheart. Until two episodes ago, some of the very same people fought that Cersei would get her Trial By Combat. They were operating on very hard evidence there, actually, since she was supposed to have one in the books and on the show. And yet, they were still wrong.

Once again, this is a I don't know where you've been post.  The Hound has returned in the books (unless you mean into a POV character arc?).  Among book readers, there was some minor argument over whether the Quiet Isle was his final place or not, but Sandor has unquestionably returned from the "dead." Unless you are dismissing anyone who actually read the books at even a minor level of detail as "shippers" for pointing out what is there.  As far as the Cersei trial, there is literally no indication that this will happen in the books, never an ounce of foreshadowing in the show, and goes against the in-universe logic that a trial by battle is specifically the one determined by the gods, rather than men.  Of course it's unpredictable.  The show could pull something out of its ass at the last moment (they actually have a habit of doing it), but they could also have a portal open up to our world, and we take over Westeros with tanks.  When you're willing to break in universe rules, who the fuck can predict anything.

The people who categorically refuse to entertain the idea of Jon/Sansa because it doesn't jibe with their ships are risking the bigger egg on their faces than some lady who says it could happen and disclaimers it with "but it doesn't have to."

Of course someone making an absolute statement has a higher potential for egg in his face.  Right now, Jonsa is the equivalent of saying Ben Carson could be elected president.  It could happen in some crazy set of circumstances, but the much more supported statement would be that one of Trump or Clinton will be president.  

5 minutes ago, lakin1013 said:

The chemistry between Jon and Sansa is odd. I find them to be halting, awkward, and uncertain.  If Jon and Sansa are not an endgame, this chemistry is reasonable.  They are two adults who have been away from each other for a long time, and were not particularly close when they were.  If however Jon and Sansa are an endgame, this type of awkward give-and-take can lead to a thawing and a possible relationship.  For once, I think the directors/writers have directed the actors correctly.  It is ambiguous and interesting.  

NOTE: Not a Shipper. I don't care who Sansa ends up with, if anyone, just as long as she is respected and cared for.  I wish the same for Jon.

I appreciate your comment. We don't know what the relationship between Sansa and Jon will lead to. As you said the characters haven't seen each other in a long time and a lot has happened. They both have changed dramatically since the time they saw each other last. It will be an interesting next season.

2 hours ago, IrisBest said:

Lol the rival shippers all insecure by the attention Jon/Sansa has gotten this season get so worked up in this thread. The circle jerking and patting each other on the back to reassure yourselves that it's definitely not happening!! no sirree! is so funny. There's no 100% certainty about what's going to happen with Jon and Sansa but anyone with a brain and not wearing blinders favoring their own rival ship can see there's potential for it. 

And I noticed some wanna misrepresent the posts I linked to by suggesting the OP was arguing Sansa is the "only" one for Jon? No she was merely pointing out the ways in which they are personally similar, and their arcs are similar, more similar than people might have expected from a surface level reading of the text or show. And that they would be suited to each other in ways neither character expected. It's not some attack on your precious Jon/Arya or SanSan it's just an interpretation showing Jon/Sansa as an outcome has more credibility than most think. Like, calm down.

Quit stealing my thoughts.

42 minutes ago, para said:

But I think it is very interesting that we are 67 pages into people demanding a level of evidence that exists for nothing speculative but the defeat of the Others (and only because the alternative would be too much of a downer) while outside this thread a thousand Euron=Daario, Benjen=everyone, Cleganebowl, Heresy, whatever Preston Jacobs is on this week threads are left mostly unquestioned and unchallenged.

He does seem to change his medication weekly, doesn’t he? :D

To all those who do not like this TV series, I have a suggestion... stop watching it. Do not get me wrong because I do not mean it as an insult but as a positive suggestion. Why waste your time and energy in something that do not like and constantly disappoints you. Why bottle up negative feelings and anger when you can do something that you truly like? You can always re-read the books (or read them for the first time) and wait for the other books to be publish in order to finish the story.

5 minutes ago, WolfClaw said:

To all those who do not like this TV series, I have a suggestion... stop watching it. Do not get me wrong because I do not mean it as an insult but as a positive suggestion. Why waste your time and energy in something that do not like and constantly disappoints you. Why bottle up negative feelings and anger when you can do something that you truly like? You can always re-read the books (or read them for the first time) and wait for the other books to be publish in order to finish the story.

You are not just right; you show keen insight into the human condition. Good for you,

But although we ask them, year in and year out, the very thing that you have asked using your same reasoning, it never does any good. There must be some other part of human nature that’s self-destructively bitter and angry. It’s a shame it has so much collateral damage.

27 minutes ago, WolfClaw said:

How is this relevant to the thread?

44 minutes ago, WolfClaw said:

Why care about a minority of people?

All kidding aside.

As KitN, he would be the logical alliance for Dany to make once she secures the southern kingdoms. Since Cersei is going to do her level best to blow King's Landing into the New Valyria, there won't be any coordinated resistance to her Dothraki as they sweep north from Dorne.

Once Bran comes to Castle Black, which he is just around the corner from, a raven will be sent to Winterfell telling everyone Bran is alive. This seriously throws a wrench into Littlefinger's plans of marrying Sansa, killing Jon and taking everything for himself. When Bran arrives and tells everyone about Jon's parentage, he will sudden look like quite the catch for Sansa. 

About this time Arya will arrive with the Brotherhood without Banners, starring Sandor Clegane. Sansa will hire Arya to kill Littlefinger with her mad ninja assassin skills, or Sandor will kill Littlefinger after he finds out what happened with Ramsey Snow/Bolton. As a reward, Sansa marries Sandor, who becomes Sandor Stark. They stay at Winterfell to protect Bran who wargs all over the place from the greenwood. Starks in Winterfell again.

Arya will join with Jon and together with all the remaining troops in Westeros, including Dothraki, to fight the great war to come. Once the ice is melted, Jon, Dany, and Tyrion will mount their dragons and fly south to begin building Westeros again. Arya marries Sweet Robin and rules the Vale in his name.

It is known.:D

Archived