Do you think that Euron Greyjoy could summon a kraken?

Stannis broatheon

^Yah, its hard to think that he could summon 1 another way, but not impossible.  I kind of anticipate Euron torching the fleet like he did the Lannisters somehow.

I have pictured Euron doing what the Ironborn who conquered the Riverlands doing, carrying their longships overland to attack from upriver and surprise everyone.  If they slipped into the Honeywine they could light a few ships on fire and send them into Oldtowns harbor.  Since the entrance to the harbor is blocked the ships would be trapped inside and burn.

Whether he achieves it or not, I'm sure he will give it a try. He wants Dragons which might help him dominate earth and air, but he's after all, a men of the sea: he will want a Kraken. Knowing that Dragons exist might give him the idea of Krakens also being possible to summon. And didn't Varys mentioned one being seen? Maybe that was Euron's work already.

Whether he achieves it or not, I'm sure he will give it a try. He wants Dragons which might help him dominate earth and air, but he's after all, a men of the sea: he will want a Kraken. Knowing that Dragons exist might give him the idea of Krakens also being possible to summon. And didn't Varys mentioned one being seen? Maybe that was Euron's work already.

Yeah Varys mentions a Kraken, and I think that GRRM wrote that for a reason. I think that Euron is trying to destroy the Redwyne setting a trap and summoning a kraken.

The Redwyne fleet is doomed.  Them coming in to save the day from Euron attacking Oltown just doesn't make narrative or dramatic sense.  Plu,s the Reach seriously needs to be nerfed.  Euron doesn't seem concerned.  He's seen things. He has a plan.

Whatever artifact Pate/Jaqen is seeking in the citadel (probably the same objective of Euron) will have an impact on the story.

GRRM has alluded to a Tyrell bro possibly being a new POV or at least being noteworthy upcoming.  This suggests the Ironborn in the Reach is a significant new front in the war.

The Krakens have been mentioned by Varys & in the TWOW Arianne POV.  The Kraken horn (& valyrian steel axe) have been mention to reside in the vaults of the Celtigars.

GRRM suggested at the reading that gave us the boring TWOW Arianne POV that the audience should have chosen the Damphair POV because something really cool occurs.

It all indicates big things happening and a summoned kraken certainly fits the bill.

The Redwyne fleet is doomed.  Them coming in to save the day from Euron attacking Oltown just doesn't make narrative or dramatic sense.  Plu,s the Reach seriously needs to be nerfed.  Euron doesn't seem concerned.  He's seen things. He has a plan.

Whatever artifact Pate/Jaqen is seeking in the citadel (probably the same objective of Euron) will have an impact on the story.

GRRM has alluded to a Tyrell bro possibly being a new POV or at least being noteworthy upcoming.  This suggests the Ironborn in the Reach is a significant new front in the war.

The Krakens have been mentioned by Varys & in the TWOW Arianne POV.  The Kraken horn (& valyrian steel axe) have been mention to reside in the vaults of the Celtigars.

GRRM suggested at the reading that gave us the boring TWOW Arianne POV that the audience should have chosen the Damphair POV because something really cool occurs.

It all indicates big things happening and a summoned kraken certainly fits the bill.

Yeah this is what I think. Euron has a plan that we dont know yet, and we know that he planned the burning of the Lannister fleet. I think that Euron would have a real shot at sitting on the Iron throne, using cunning and magic

Archived