Euron Greyjoy = Daario Naharis

Rickyhunt

No.

While Daario has a vicious/ruthless edge (like dany, Tyrion, and many others) he's not a sadisti company rapist/pirate/torturer/slaver like Euron. In fact he supports Danys position on all these issues. Euron and Daario are practically nothing alike. They aren't even the right age.

It is hilarious that so many people think that they are similar at all. Like... did Daario steal your girl or something that you think he's evil incarnate? Arrogance does not equal evil. Jon Snow is pretty arrogant too. Def not evil.

When I said where is the Silence, I meant when Euron is posing as Dario in/around Mereen.  We have a count of all the ships around, and the Yunkish have the city blockaded.  So now you have to add more time to your travel because Dario is somehow slipping past the siege, and riding far enough away from the city that no 1 has found his ship.  Also, Vic has to stop twice for supplies on his way, those stops should be added to your minimum travel time as well.

As for the timing of events, that's pretty simple.  Vic arrives at Mereen right when Barristan attacks and we have a pretty straight forward timeline going backwards, for some amount of time before his arrival Vic is sailing and before that on the Shields with Euron.  In Mereen before the battle we have several months of occupation and before that the march from Yunkai(where we meet Dario) to Mereen. Dario presented Dany with different flowers every day on that march so he never slipped away.  There were times when Dany ordered him to take his Stormcrows out to harass the enemy as they came towards Mereen(I mean as the Yunkish forces came towards Mereen after sacking Astapor), this would be the only time he could have travelled, because once the siege begins Dario is locked in place.  It should also be noted that Dario runs into Quentyn and co. while he was out harassing the enemy as ordered, so while we don't see him in POV during that time, he was clearly there doing what he was ordered to do.

Also, Vic has to stop twice for supplies on his way, those stops should be added to your minimum travel time as well.

Nonsense.  Vic is stopping for food and water, not petrol.  The faster one travels, the fewer provisions are needed.  A ship like Euron's can carry enough provisions to last a small crew three weeks or more.

When I said where is the Silence, I meant when Euron is posing as Dario in/around Mereen.  We have a count of all the ships around, and the Yunkish have the city blockaded.  So now you have to add more time to your travel because Dario is somehow slipping past the siege, and riding far enough away from the city that no 1 has found his ship. 

There IS no blockade at first.  And Daario does "slip away" at least twice (counting only his long absences), so asking how he does so is pointless.  I don't know how and where he hides the ship (assuming he is Euron), but then again, I wouldn't know, since I am not Daario.  Does he leave it at sea with its crew and does he have a means of summoning it or scheduling rendezvous?  Or is it parked in a hidden cove a few miles from Meereen?  I don't know.

As for the timing of events, that's pretty simple.  Vic arrives at Mereen right when Barristan attacks and we have a pretty straight forward timeline going backwards, for some amount of time before his arrival Vic is sailing and before that on the Shields with Euron.  In Mereen before the battle we have several months of occupation and before that the march from Yunkai(where we meet Dario) to Mereen. Dario presented Dany with different flowers every day on that march so he never slipped away.  

He slips away after they reach Meereen.  For months and months.   This could be the period in which Euron arrives on the Iron Islands.  

After he returns to Meereen, there is a second period when he slips away for what may be months.

It should also be noted that Dario runs into Quentyn and co. while he was out harassing the enemy as ordered, so while we don't see him in POV during that time, he was clearly there doing what he was ordered to do.

Daario and Quentyn arrive in Meereen at the same time, and Daario makes a report to Dany at nearly the same time Quentyn reveals himself to Dany.   This is about 3 months (or more?) after Dany last sent Daario into the field, and is Daario's second long absence serving no known plot purpose.  It is by no means clear that Daario is with the Stormcrows when Quentyn goes over to them.  But Daario is at least briefed by the Stormcrows about them before he makes his report to Dany; and it's a small lapse of time in any event.

I'm not a believer but it is possible. Aside from the blood magic already used to sail fast, there is also teleportation with JonCon and Tyrion on the River.

I am however on board with Euron being the Corsair King.

That would makes sense, especially with a large portion of Victarion's fleet disappearing around the Basilisk Isles.

I am also slightly partially to Gerion Lannister being the Shrouded Lord.

What about when the ship Tyrion is on teleports back to the bridge with the stone men? This proves some sort of teleportation magic exists.

Using time as an excuse is just pathetic.We're clearly told the chronology in the last 2 books is off.

When we meet Euron, he disappears as fast as he appeared. Daario is always disappearing for months on end.

Euron seems well versed in the magics of the world, I would not doubt him making sacrifices for speed just as Melisandre did for Stannis' trip to the wall.

The theory could very well be true because of the inconsistency between the 2 specific characters.

OK so a lot of people point out the space between meeren and The Iron Islands but I think I remember reading that Euron uses blood magic to make his ships go faster and that the deck of his ship is covered in blood possibly from lots of blood magic rituals and It is hinted that Euron knows dark magic himself in all of his travels he probably could've picked up on something I mean he is supposed to have a dragon horn and a dragon which he threw into the water while angry

I said in the original post that I myself remain skeptical but there are lots of similarities between the two it makes one think and I was wondering what others thought of the idea

Yeah.   Something like that.  Daario had my true love stuffed and mounted, condemning me to a loveless and chilly life.   But how on earth did you guess?

Soooooo, if Daario = Euron, I'll have to break out this theory based on the above statement...ChillyPolly = Victarion!  :cool4:

Archived