The Baratheon Bastards, Any Impact On The Story?

Blazfemur

It would really piss Arya off to come home and find out Sansa married Gendry. Maybe Sansa will marry Hot-Pie instead. That would be entertaining.

I don't think it would piss Arya off. She isn't focused on the bard's romantic songs.;)
I don't think it would be entertaining to see Sansa marry Hot-Pie. She's too far out of his league....

They refused to give him to stannis at first, meaning that at least the household had some kind of empathy for him you could say they loved him, if the GC could bring him back and promise that Aegon will give Edric StormEnd if he takes the throne would surely sound tempting

Penrose refused, but as soon as he was dead the garrison surrendered and turned Edric over. I don't think they could care that much.

I think if Edric was to be involved at all (and I don't think he is) it'll be as some sort of 'proof' that they're a relief force from Stannis. As far as the garrison knows Edric is with Stannis, so if an army of mercenaries shows up, liberates the castle and presents the boy, the defenders might be convinced to let the army inside. And then they all die.

Mya will be used by Littlefinger in some way. Maybe as evidence against Cersei, or maybe some power play for the Stormlands.
Edric is IMO likely the way that Aegon took Storm's End "by stealth". There are people at Storm's End loyal to Edric, so making Edric lord would give Aegon access easily without fighting.
Gendry will forge the sword that eventually becomes Lightbringer. No, he is not AA, he is a blachsmith, eldest son of Robert Baratheon, forging a sword out of the fragments of Ice and possibly a Targ sword, and the sacrifices leading to the forging have already been made or are in the works: Ned killed with Ice, Ice split by Lannisters, The fragments used to kill a Lannister or two, etc. Who Gendry is is a key part of the magic that makes the final sword.
At the end of the books Gendry may also be Lord of Storm's End. Him or Mya will get it. Edric will die.

Do you truly believes Rhaegars son would be working with Robert Baratheons Bastard son, stealthily? How would they have become acquainted and agreed to each other's authenticity, that's one meeting I would love to have witnessed somehow!

Do you truly believes Rhaegars son would be working with Robert Baratheons Bastard son, stealthily? How would they have become acquainted and agreed to each other's authenticity, that's one meeting I would love to have witnessed somehow!

Edric was sent away by Davos because Stannis wanted to burn him. So it is not like he should be expected to have loyalty to the remaining Baratheon in the picture.

Meanwhile, the castle he grew up in was taken from him, via the murder of someone who raised him. He is Robert Baratheon's only acknowledged bastard so his identity is not in question. Who he is is easily confirmed by the people who went away with him (he did not go in a rowboat alone in the books, that was the show. In the books he had powerful companions who can verify his identity).

As a bastard though he is behind Tommen and Myrcella in line for Storm's End so long as they are accepted as legitimate. Which they are not of course. So it is very much in Edric's interest to contest the reign of Tommen and Myrcella, regardless of who he sides with to do it. Edric has no reason to expect or desire to be King, he is just a boy who wants to go home, and his home is Storm's End.

So...I don't see the problem. Edric was in Lys, half of the Golden Company swung by Lys. Next we hear, Aegon has taken Storm's End using some kind of sneakery but it is not specified how. We simply know he did not fight for Storm's End. Edric is the most logical conclusion for how this comes to pass. All Aegon has to do is make Edric the Lord of Storm's End, and those loyal to Edric on the inside would gladly join forces with him because it gives them a way to reject Stannis's hold of Storm's End, also reject the Lannisters, and bring back a boy they all very much like.

As much as I'd like one of the bastards to be legitimized and end up with Storm's End, that seems really unlikely. One of the boys would need to join the cause of whoever wins the throne and make a big enough impact for that new king/queen to want to legitimize them and award them with one of the realm's more prestigious pieces of real estate.

Of all of them, I think Gendry is the most likely to end up fighting in the War for the Dawn 2.0.

As much as I'd like one of the bastards to be legitimized and end up with Storm's End, that seems really unlikely. One of the boys would need to join the cause of whoever wins the throne and make a big enough impact for that new king/queen to want to legitimize them and award them with one of the realm's more prestigious pieces of real estate.
Of all of them, I think Gendry is the most likely to end up fighting in the War for the Dawn 2.0.

Getting Aegon established at Storm's End without a fight is enough of an impact. And very very easy to see how it happens because the people who live there raised Edric and love him...so probable, not unlikely.

I hope Gendry has some type of impact on the story I like Gendry

maybe he will be one who figures out how to re forge valyrian steel to fight the others Idk the fact that he is a skilled blacksmith seems to be an important part of his character

That would be great.  I know this won't happen, but it would be completely awesome if Gendry was able to take Widow's Wail and Oath Keeper and reforge Ice again.  

That would be great.  I know this won't happen, but it would be completely awesome if Gendry was able to take Widow's Wail and Oath Keeper and reforge Ice again.

It sure seems like GRRM has Gendry set up to be the blacksmith to reforge Ice. He did apprentice with one of best blacksmiths in Westeros and one of the few in the world to know the secrets of reforging Valyrian Steel. He is living in the Time Square of Westeros at the crossroads where so many things have happened in history, and a part of the only police dept looking out for the children & small folk in general.

Probably not as pivotal of a role as in the rebellion, but I think they will survive and at least one will be legitimized.

legitimized by whom & why ?

Baratheon line/name will be ended, they started with a bastard and will end with being bastards.

Baratheon line/name will be ended, they started with a bastard and will end with being bastards.

The same could be said of lannisters or Starks.. Seemingly lost but harboring hope for their family, I think the baratheon will claim StormEnd again, probably (as I said before) is going to be handed over to Edric, he could rally the stormlands save whoever is going to sit the throne the trouble of making the stormlords yield

The same could be said of lannisters or Starks.. Seemingly lost but harboring hope for their family, I think the baratheon will claim StormEnd again, probably (as I said before) is going to be handed over to Edric, he could rally the stormlands save whoever is going to sit the throne the trouble of making the stormlords yield

all baratheons are dead (or soon o be),

Edric is a bastard and nobody will rally to him in stormlands : first he is nothing & has nothing  and second being that people in stormlands have lost so much in WO5K and with Jon Connington being back (mini war) & future war (mini war) Aegon will have for IT.....after all that willingness amongst stormlords for new war to give  Edric the bastard "his" lordship will be non-existing

all baratheons are dead (or soon o be),

Edric is a bastard and nobody will rally to him in stormlands : first he is nothing & has nothing  and second being that people in stormlands have lost so much in WO5K and with Jon Connington being back (mini war) & future war (mini war) Aegon will have for IT.....after all that willingness amongst stormlords for new war to give  Edric the bastard "his" lordship will be non-existing

Precisely that's why the stormlands should rally for Edric, he was being raised at stormend, he was getting a lord's education, he is the son of Dalena Florent, a lady from the stormlands,not a common whore, that's why he was living at SE, as I said whoever sits the throne, not Aegon, could save himself a lot of troubles Legitimizing Edric and making him heir to SE, he is after all Robert's son, the king/queen then assign a lord protector to Edric and voila! You have raised an Stormlord that doesn't hate you

Precisely that's why the stormlands should rally for Edric, he was being raised at stormend, he was getting a lord's education, he is the son of Dalena Florent, a lady from the stormlands,not a common whore, that's why he was living at SE, as I said whoever sits the throne, not Aegon, could save himself a lot of troubles Legitimizing Edric and making him heir to SE, he is after all Robert's son, the king/queen then assign a lord protector to Edric and voila! You have raised an Stormlord that doesn't hate you

...and Aegon is the one who has somehow taken Storm's End without fighting, and who is contesting the reign of the fake Baratheons.

Seriously, if people are so sure Aegon doesn't already have Edric onside, how else do they think he took Storm's End?

...and Aegon is the one who has somehow taken Storm's End without fighting, and who is contesting the reign of the fake Baratheons.

Seriously, if people are so sure Aegon doesn't already have Edric onside, how else do they think he took Storm's End?

I'm not arguing if the GC have Edric, I got to admit i didn't knew about that theory, it sound plausible, but its not sure, I'm arguing that, anyone (being Dany, Aegon or Jon) would save a lot of trouble if they just legitimize Edric an hand him over StormEnd..

...and Aegon is the one who has somehow taken Storm's End without fighting

We don't know that. Griff says he WANTS to take the castle by guile. We don't know if that implies getting close and then unleash a butchery.

[spoiler]

Also, according to Arianne, the whole thing has been bloody. It could be easily a rumour (as the rumours of Jon killing the little Griffins), but so far we have no evidence of being so

[/spoiler]

All I know is that Edric will probably die in the remaining books,especially if he is on fAegon's team.

In order for Gendry to forge Valyrian steel against White Walkers (Tobho Mott knew how to forge them) he needs dragonfire,which means,he needs Dany and her dragons.

Serving Dany in the upcoming Dance of Dragons could give Gendry lordship over Storm's End. Especially if he will still follow Red God, and Dany is this prophecised Azor Ahai hero.

Which would be funny,because the heir of Casterly Rock (Tyrion), the ruler of the Eyrie (Sweetrobin) and the potential heir to Storm's End (Gendry) will help Targaryen princess to get back the Iron Throne. Robert Baratheon,Jon Arryn and Tywin Lannister are turning in their graves now probably.

And the funny thing is that all of them are connected to living Starks in some way or fashion. Gendry to Arya, Sweetrobin and Tyrion to Sansa and Dany to Jon. Makes you think which family will end up ruling Westeros in the end,hm...

Gendry and Edric are probably Martin's way of showing on how getting lordship and legitimacy the easy way or the hard way matters. Gendry is going to get it the hard way,after he proves his worth in the battle and leadership.

He is already ser Gendry of Hollow Hill. Give him time and leadership over Brotherhood,and he will probably rally smallfolk of Riverlands after him. After all,I see him taking the best traits of all three Baratheon brothers (Robert,Stannis and Renly).

Edric is the pawn of bigger players,and his heritage and upbringing is the only thing that will get him lordship. Whenever people get what they want through politics in this story,they get the other end of a stick.

Just my 2 cents.

Either Stannis or Dany...so the Baratheon line does not end.  The current Baratheons all have Targaryen blood from Aegon V's daughter Rhaelle.  So Robert's kids are not only nieces and nephews to Stannis, but also cousins to Dany.  And cousins to Jon if he is Rhaegar's son.

I don't expect Jon to be king but if he ends up saddled with that ugly chair I could see him showing some respect for the fact that the Baratheons are also descended from the Durrandon Storm Kings of old, and making sure the line continues.

Started with a rumored bastard.  

Maybe he has a shadowbinder too?

Archived