The Baratheon Bastards, Any Impact On The Story?

Blazfemur

here we go again with double standards... :bang:
when Ned & co go on rampage  and kill almost all Targs and that is honorable & justified,after all they(little babes too) killed his father & brother,not to mention all the calls for "justice"(aka "kill'em all") that needs to be served to Boltons & Frays for what they did to starks,but when is time for Dany to repay in kind for what was done by usurper & his dogs to her father,mother(stress & grief  sure took its toll) brother & his children --- then she is "maniac"

Why not? there is nothing stormlords will gain from some bastard (you mentioned earlier that being part Florent will work in his favor but Florents are from the Reach and that working against him is far more likely) in fact some of them can hope to become new Lord Paramount of the Stormlands and more important share amongst them land & wealth of dead Baratheons.
There is one little thing that you seem to overlook: after Stannis was crushed at Blackwater "Stormlands" were doing just fine without Baratheons & all people there were good servants to the King (kill a lot of northmen in riverlands just to prove themselves)

You talk about double standards then you group Ned and Robert as having the same attitude towards the Rebellion, Ned Lost ALL his family, only benjen was left, if a noble house isn't allowed to revolt after a lunatic nutjob killed his lord and heir, and his sister was kidnapped by a man whose true goal no one knows, and after all this King Nutjob ask for his head, but no really, he and Robert should have chilled... And even after all the shit the Targ dinasty out the Stark through he still feels SICK when Rhaegar's babe are presented to him, to the point where he still feels animosity towards the people involved, even towards his best friend, and years after he still opposed killing a Girl in exile.. So if you want to say Robert was a bloodthirsty maniac well, I guess he fits the part, but Ned doesn't, he hated every minute of the Rebellion, and felt out of place ever since. So get down of your high horse, dany wasn't the only one to lost her whole family, Stress and grief? Dany was a baby, his father death before she was even born, and her mother died in labor, what 'grief' could a babe feel?, Viserys trully felt the loss of his family, he ( I think ) remember them, Dany only knows Viserys, and we know how she reacted to his death ( I'm no judging here, he deserved it) but if you want to know 'Stress & Gried' look over to the North, there's a new Lord of Winterfell that didn't want the position, wasn't prepared for it and got it in the worst way there is

And she IS a bloodthirsty conqueror, KNP loves to draw the parallel between Dany and Aegon I, but god forbid someone mentions that Aegon was a Bloodthirsty conqueror too, yes, he unified the 7k, and it was the best that could happen at that time, but his conquest was a bloody one, even costing him his sister

The fact with Edric, and this have been mentioned, is that everybody in the Stormlands know him, and know that he is Robert's son raised at SE, he can be lord of SE someday, and quarreling for the remaining lands will only bring more blood and enmity in the stormlands, the new regent would save LOTS of trouble simply reinstating a Baratheon in SE. and what you say about the stormlands following the king doesn't mean anything, the riverlands and the north kept the peace "for his King" after the RW, that doesn't mean they aren't plotting to seat a Stark at winterfell and a Tully at Riverrun.

Wow who knew anyone felt anything for Edric Storm? My stance here is Edric is a child and I believe we were given small glimpses of him and his devout hero worship of his father. Just a small piece of the story that screamed "watch this" to me. The Baratheons are a very important family Storm Kings be damned. I do see children. Dany, Sansa, Rickon, Tommen, Robert Arryn, etc., used as pawns to further agendas they couldn't possibly understand or support. Those agendas don't necessarily harm said child but often have little thought for the impact and consequences for the child. Baratheon extinction is a sad prospect when there are at least 4 children who could further the line and name. I hadn't thought king when speaking of Edric. My more immediate musings were companies of exiled foreigners seizing Storms End. Neighbors about to lose their homes due to unwanted conquest would scream "Edric Baratheon, storm king blah blah blah" to save themselves.

here we go again with double standards... :bang:
when Ned & co go on rampage  and kill almost all Targs and that is honorable & justified,after all they(little babes too) killed his father & brother,not to mention all the calls for "justice"(aka "kill'em all") that needs to be served to Boltons & Frays for what they did to starks,but when is time for Dany to repay in kind for what was done by usurper & his dogs to her father,mother(stress & grief  sure took its toll) brother & his children --- then she is "maniac"

Why not? there is nothing stormlords will gain from some bastard (you mentioned earlier that being part Florent will work in his favor but Florents are from the Reach and that working against him is far more likely) in fact some of them can hope to become new Lord Paramount of the Stormlands and more important share amongst them land & wealth of dead Baratheons.
There is one little thing that you seem to overlook: after Stannis was crushed at Blackwater "Stormlands" were doing just fine without Baratheons & all people there were good servants to the King (kill a lot of northmen in riverlands just to prove themselves)

Tommen Baratheon, a "Baratheon " is ruling the Stormlands. And the Stormlands were a mess after blackwater, between Stannis loyalist and Tommen's supporters.

Archived