2016 KC WorldCon: MidAmeriCon II Aug 17-21

8 minutes ago, LacyinTX said:

Storm Knight, visit the group if you are on facebook. It is the best place to find out where we will all be at any given time. There are details about the meet and greet on Thursday posted there as well. It is a great group. :)

Thanks so much! Would I need to send a request or message any of the admins on the Facebook Group in order to join?

Yeah, and a "where you all at" on the facebook is probably the easiest way to find people. 

I usually post what bar I'm at, but generally just walk around to different con things during the day by myself, since I generally go to all the space/science stuff.   Plus I tend to work in the mornings from the hotel... or sleep off my hangover...

On 8/13/2016 at 0:25 AM, Xray the Enforcer said:

Also: YO PEOPLE WE ARE GONNA HAVE A RAFFLE

I may have a contribution. I've been told I'm not allowed sell any books at KC, but I am allowed to provide a raffle book!

14 hours ago, Corvinus said:

I have to make a noob comment, but I've been looking over the schedule, and I feel overwhelmed. There are so many events I'm interested in, how do I chooooooose?:unsure: :laugh:

I just tag them all in the app, then see which to go to at game time. After a while you will filter out the ones that you don't like. Or pick based on how far you have to run, or when which speakers you like.

15 hours ago, Corvinus said:

I have to make a noob comment, but I've been looking over the schedule, and I feel overwhelmed. There are so many events I'm interested in, how do I chooooooose?:unsure: :laugh:

You can go by a particular author you really want to hear speak or a theme.  Last year I wen to all the YA panels.  I think another year I went to Urban Fantasy panels.  But if you've never heard GRRM speak and want to hear him, start with that or some other author.

16 hours ago, Corvinus said:

Keep in mind that some events -- like those featuring GRRM -- will draw large crowds, meaning that you'll want to arrive early to get a decent seat (or, at worst, get inside the room at all...). So sometimes you'll need to leave an event early in order to ensure that you can see one in the next time slot.

Archived