2016 KC WorldCon: MidAmeriCon II Aug 17-21

Hotel booked and memberships purchased, so my significant other and I will be there! We're staying at the Courtyard by Marriott, and I don't think we have a roommate yet, so lmk if you're looking for a room share.

I'm in! This will be my 5th year and I'm pretty pumped. 

Nichole will be there as well...and probably Renee will be coming. :)

And I'm down for all fun, BBQ, drinks and--of course--karaoke. :D

22 hours ago, Xray the Enforcer said:

Sweet.

BTW, I am so STOKED for this year's shirts. 

Me too! Would you guys post on the facebook page as well when the t-shirt thread is up? My access to this forum is spotty at best. ;) 

It breaks my heart to say this, but I'm not going.

You have a crap compressor on my A/C unit to thank for this.  I'm so sorry;  but I blew my vacation money getting it fixed.  

I will miss you all terribly.  The thought of missing tiaras, bbq, and my beloved BwB is gut-wrenching.

On 6/20/2016 at 9:52 AM, Elder Sister said:

NOOOOOO!!!! *stomps foot*

However, it is summer in south and I prefer that you not burst into flames, so I totally get it. I don't like it, but I get it.

:(

On Monday, June 20, 2016 at 10:52 AM, Elder Sister said:

You have a crap compressor on my A/C unit to thank for this.  I'm so sorry;  but I blew my vacation money getting it fixed.

I will miss you all terribly.  The thought of missing tiaras, bbq, and my beloved BwB is gut-wrenching.

That stinks.  We have one more slot in our room if splitting a room at the Marriot 4 ways brings this within your reach.

On 6/21/2016 at 3:09 PM, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

That stinks.  We have one more slot in our room if splitting a room at the Marriot 4 ways brings this within your reach.

That is really sweet, Scot - thank you.  It won't bring it within reach, but I appreciate the offer!

46 minutes ago, Baitac said:

I don't know how I'll manage without you. I will miss you dearly my Sister.

:bawl:

You will be having so much fun you won't even notice I'm not there.  Meanwhile, I will be crying in my cheerios while I look at photos of tiara-wearing BwBrs and all the related hi-jinks.

On 6/8/2016 at 9:31 PM, Let's Get Kraken said:

So I've been posting on these boards for a while and lurking for a few years now, but I've never been to a BwB meetup. I'm really looking forward to MACII though. It seems a lot of you folks know each other already, and I'm always a bit apprehensive approaching a close knit group as an outsider. Do you guys get a lot of new people showing up at the parties and meetups and such for these things?

YES!  Last year was my first WorldCon.  I had met a couple of the usual suspects in my region prior to heading to Spokane.  Several of us even traveled from Seattle together.  

However, once I got to my hotel it was all new faces.  AN OVERWHELMING NUMBER OF NEW FACES.   I was really nervous, tired and stinky from travelling all day.  The BwB didn't even let me get to the elevator.  Everybody was super!     Come find us.  We were all strangers before we reached out through the board. Gabba gabba hey.

On 6/20/2016 at 9:52 AM, Elder Sister said:

NONONONONONONONONONONO!  Who am I going to moon this year if you're not around to take it for the team?

Archived