R+L=J v.154

HexMachina

Sorry I did not understand you.

Rheagr may love or may not love his mother. I am not sure about it.

But he did not do much to prevent his mother from being raped though. Maybe he did not know about it. 

And what do you mean by the last sentence?

Rhaegar thought about the consequences of eloping but underestimated the madness of his father?

waaaa. your theory is a huge possibility. I just hope that Rhaegar is NOT a man who would let his wife be as miserable as his mother. I mean Rhaegar must have love Rhaella right? What Aerys had done to his sister-wife was cruel and i think Rhaegar did thought of what the consequences will be before eloping with Lyanna.

sorry for my epic-fail typos.

waaaa. your theory is a huge possibility. I just hope that Rhaegar is NOT a man who would let his wife be as miserable as his mother. I mean Rhaegar must have love Rhaella right? What Aerys had done to his sister-wife was cruel and i think Rhaegar did thought of what the consequences will be before eloping with Lyanna.

sorry for my epic-fail typos.

Rhaegar is definitely a better husband than his dad. 

There is no doubt about that since we did not hear that he raped his wife. :)

Though eventually he indirectly let his wife and children more miserable than his mother. 

He is sort of a father of savior I guess? 

Sacrifice his family, his life, his dynasty, and thousands of other people to bring a savior this world.   

Himself was born during summer hall tragedy where many people dead. 

His son Jon was born during Robert Rebellion which is a tragedy where thousands of people dead. 

I am wondering what will happen when Jon's child was born. 

The whole westeros would be burned to ruins?

Rhaegar is definitely a better husband than his dad. 

There is no doubt about that since we did not hear that he raped his wife. :)

Though eventually he indirectly let his wife and children more miserable than his mother. 

yea you're right....so what do you think? Did he really thought of the consequences that will affect his 1st family? or he just assumed that Rhaenys and Elia are safe and untouchable in King's Landing? 

yea you're right....so what do you think? Did he really thought of the consequences that will affect his 1st family? or he just assumed that Rhaenys and Elia are safe and untouchable in King's Landing? 

He probably just assumed they will be all right in KL. He also assumed he would win the battle of Trident. 

If he won, then definitely his family would be safe there. 

He probably also assumed his eloping would not cause much trouble as what it turned out to be.  

I mean he assumed a lot of stuff. But many of them did not work though. 

Post number 5000 people and it is the greatest post that ever was, is or shalt be, and you my children, you can say you were there. You were there when Ser Creighton did birth such a post that never was nor ever shall be. The great proof, R+L=J is no more, I give you R+A=J and it is not what you think my sweet summer children. Bow down, bow down I say for this post is the the truth, the one and only truth. Concrete unbreakable evidence. Now be warned before hand that you must be seated while reading, for I shall not be held responsible when you collapse before the glory of the one truth.

WARNING! WARNING! THERE BE SPOILERS AHEAD! "cough show related"

[spoiler]

Ok hold onto your hats boys and girls, Winter is coming has just confirmed who Jon's mother and father are.

Spoilers! Spoilers! There may be some actual show spoilers there. But you will understand the great importance of this once you read it. Jon's real mother finally revealed. No for realzzzz, it's really this person. Swears it, I have proof. Real super legit proof. Scroll down to the twitter caption about Jon's parents.

http://winteriscoming.net/2015/08/29/game-of-thrones-rumored-spoilers-a-lady-to-appear-and-more/

That's right, Jon's mother is not Lyanna, it is not Ashara, Rhaegar + Alyana = JON SNOW (Jack Frost), yes they admit they misspelled the name. Yes that's right Alyane Stone is Jon's mother, Sansa Stark is Jon's mother. You doubt? Well here comes the proof. Everyone thought Bran was the strong one but it appears Sansa can Time Warp, maybe she also became a Faceless person and can glamour and stuff. OMG, OMG, super clue just found and proof this is accurate.

http://winteriscoming.net/2015/07/07/sophie-turner-gets-a-spread-in-glamour-mexico/

Clearly she can glamour and she is wearing blue roses.

Now how did she time warp? Well I guess it's not that hard, I mean really I use to do it.

It's just a jump to the left.

And then a step to the right.

With your hand on your hips.

You bring your knees in tight.
But it's the pelvic thrust.
They really drive you insane.
Let's do the Time Warp again.

So Irish times, Proof that she can Glamour and is the blue rose and the Time Warp is actually really easy.

That's right, your world flipped upside down, your minds totally blown, and you can say you were here when the great one laid this wisdom upon you.[/spoiler]

Post number 5000 people and it is the greatest post that ever was, is or shalt be, and you my children, you can say you were there. You were there when Ser Creighton did birth such a post that never was nor ever shall be. The great proof, R+L=J is no more, I give you R+A=J and it is not what you think my sweet summer children. Bow down, bow down I say for this post is the the truth, the one and only truth. Concrete unbreakable evidence. Now be warned before hand that you must be seated while reading, for I shall not be held responsible when you collapse before the glory of the one truth.

[spoiler]

Ok hold onto your hats boys and girls, Winter is coming has just confirmed who Jon's mother and father are.

Spoilers! Spoilers! There may be some actual show spoilers there. But you will understand the great importance of this once you read it. Jon's real mother finally revealed. No for realzzzz, it's really this person. Swears it, I have proof. Real super legit proof. Scroll down to the twitter caption about Jon's parents.

http://winteriscoming.net/2015/08/29/game-of-thrones-rumored-spoilers-a-lady-to-appear-and-more/

That's right, Jon's mother is not Lyanna, it is not Ashara, Rhaegar + Alyana = JON SNOW (Jack Frost), yes they admit they misspelled the name. Yes that's right Alyane Stone is Jon's mother, Sansa Stark is Jon's mother. You doubt? Well here comes the proof. Everyone thought Bran was the strong one but it appears Sansa can Time Warp, maybe she also became a Faceless person and can glamour and stuff. OMG, OMG, super clue just found and proof this is accurate.

http://winteriscoming.net/2015/07/07/sophie-turner-gets-a-spread-in-glamour-mexico/

Now how did she time warp? Well I guess it's not that hard, I mean really I use to do it.

So Irish times, Proof that she can Glamour and is the blue rose and the Time Warp is actually really easy.

That's right, your world flipped upside down, your minds totally blown, and you can say you were here when the great one laid this wisdom upon you.[/spoiler]

What if Lyanna had a twin sister, Alyana, who Ned did not know about? Ned finds Alyana in her bed of blood and though it was Lyanna. Lyanna is still alive and is either Quaithe or Lemore (Tyrion sucks at guessing ages. He thought Jon was 12, ffs) OR Lyanna is glamoured as an old man and is actually the HS.

What if Lyanna had a twin sister, Alyana, who Ned did not know about? Ned finds Alyana in her bed of blood and though it was Lyanna. Lyanna is still alive and is either Quaithe or Lemore (Tyrion sucks at guessing ages. He thought Jon was 12, ffs) OR Lyanna is glamoured as an old man and is actually the HS.

That was only you know who pretending to be her sister, using the Glamour which I clearly proved. Or maybe she killed Lyanna and then took her face. Of course that's it.

Good post, Alia. I have to say the part about "staying overnight in his company" made me laugh. Not that what you say may well true, but it made me think of - and here is were I betray my age with a ancient cultural reference - some dialogue in "Oklahoma." The part where Ado Annie explains how the "Peddler Man" proposed to her. She explains that he invited her on a trip to Claremont and seeing as that was only possible with a overnight stay he had to mean marriage. Anyway, it made me think of that old scene and laugh, so thank you.

:P

Thanks, and I get it lol. But think, just fifty years ago if a couple went to a hotel and weren't wearing wedding rings or registered as "Mr. and Mrs." the manager had a right to get into their business and ask if they were married, and if not, turn them down. :shocked:

Young Spanish girls had to have "Duennas," older, matrons as chaperones as they could never go anywhere alone.

Go back to the fourteenth century, and it was like nothing that we could relate to today. If a girl was "ruined," it was a truly loving family that took her back, and it was likely to a life of living dependent upon her brother, or new heir to her fathers House under the command of his lady, They might yet find a decent match, but it would be scraping the bottom of the social barrier, or a MUCH older man who doesn't care.

If not that, she could be sent to a nunnery for the rest of her life.

And all of this even if it wasn't her fault.

A girls virtue was a reflection of her House.

I'm sure given real world medieval thinking, your claim about the effect of Lyanna staying with Rhaegar's party overnight might be true for Westeros as well, but it does raise some interesting questions. Such as who was Lyanna traveling with when she meets Rhaegar? I've always assumed she was guarded by Winterfell men in order to ensure her safety on the road, but your point raises the idea there might have been at least one female companion along with her on the trip. A generation before equivalent to Septa Mordane? Given that Septa Mordane's employment was likely due to the influence of Catelyn and her belief in the new gods, would Lyanna's equivalent for the septa be an elder family servant? Some one like Old Nan? Just throwing ideas out here, but it would be interesting to find out Lyanna's companion, if she had one, was still alive. 

I think its a safe bet that it was likely Winterfell guards, if not a few from the Houses of Storms End, and if the theory that she stayed at Harrenhal is true, perhaps them as well.

It would look especially bad if Lyanna was taken while she was a guest there, but I do think its around the time she was preparing to attend Brandons wedding.

It would be a pretty major event with many travelers on the road to attend, so that would be something that Rhaegar would know, or hear about.

In terms of any females in the group, I don't think so? It sounds like its just Rhaegar and his entourage, they run into Lyannas party, and Rhaegar decides to take her. There may be an internal fight amongst Rhaegars group in disagreement with what he is doing and some leave perhaps fearing Aerys, leaving only Whent and Dayne to help Rhaegar capture Lyanna.

In a case like Lyannas though, the really only suitable female chaperone would be someone like Rhaella, Rhaegars mother, or a Lady Dayne, or Lady Whent. The reason Lyanna would have been staying at Harrenhal is because Lady Berantheon is dead. Had Lady Berantheon still been alive, Lyanna would have likely gone to live in her future husbands home.

A young girl, or another female just means that now there is more than one maiden whose reputation is compromised.

I do agree we know little of Lyanna's thinking, and admit to building theories upon the tidbits we do know from Ned and other sources. We have little choice until we get more information. Thanks for the post.

And thank you for always being so gracious and having fun. We aren't curing cancer here afterall.

[spoiler]

Its Kevin Bacon.

Archived