What is Jon Snow's real name?

ErasmusF

5 hours ago, Jova Snow said:

Tbh I kinda like the idea of Aegon being Lyanna's, no hate towards Elia because I love her character more than Lyanna lol, because that would create an Age of Bastards. Aegon - a royal bastard on iron throne. Jon - a highborn bastard as Lord of Winterfell. Edric Storm - another highborn bastard as Lord of Storm's end after the deaths of Stannis and Shireen? I do not know what is the likeliness of it but I really like the idea. 

What would you guys think about Jon being named Brandon? I mean he is Azor Ahai, who is Brandon of the Bloody Blade and there was also Brandon Snow who thought they should fought against Aegon and his dragons and had weirwood arrows. Do we know book Jon would magically bond with Dragons and gave North to Targaryens on golden plate when his own brother died for it's independence? Although Jon being named after Jon Stark, the King who built Wolf's Den is a pleasing idea. 

First, I don't think it's necessary to love or hate a character to have an opinion on parentage.   I do think Jon is a royal bastard, just not Rhaegar's bastard. After all, he has been given a great bastard sword. I think that Jon is tied to the ice side of the equation rather than fire which seems to be Dany's domain.  As for the prophecies and Azor Ahai; I'm not sure at this point what it means.      

8 hours ago, LynnS said:

First, I don't think it's necessary to love or hate a character to have an opinion on parentage.   I do think Jon is a royal bastard, just not Rhaegar's bastard. After all, he has been given a great bastard sword. I think that Jon is tied to the ice side of the equation rather than fire which seems to be Dany's domain.  As for the prophecies and Azor Ahai; I'm not sure at this point what it means.      

It seems like we believe in different parentage theories for Jon, that's okay. I do not think any character strictly symbolizes Ice and Fire, it is deeper than that in my eyes. For Azor Ahai, Brandon is the most suitable as the original one but we will see if Jon is really Azor Ahai come again. 

Archived