Is Stannis alive at the beginning of TWOW? (GRRM's comment)

So this confirms that the pink letter was, at least partially, a lie.

http://grrm.livejournal.com/438596.html?thread=22329668#t22329668

Nope, nope, nope. Confirms nothing. :thumbsup:

It's been confirmed 138571257275 times, WoW begins a few chapters befofe ADWD ends.

GRRM has confirmed nothing other than SB is still alive at the end of ADWD, which, duh.

Nope, nope, nope. Confirms nothing. :thumbsup:

It's been confirmed 138571257275 times, WoW begins a few chapters befofe ADWD ends.

GRRM has confirmed nothing other than SB is still alive at the end of ADWD, which, duh.

this is actually big news. it shows that the content of the Pink Letter is false, which we definitely didn't know before.

this is actually big news. it shows that the content of the Pink Letter is false, which we definitely didn't know before.

No, because Jon receiving the Pink letter in Dance is after the first Theon chapter in Winds. So we know nothing, just like Jon. 

No, because Jon receiving the Pink letter is after the first Theon chapter in Winds. So we know nothing, just like Jon. 

GRRM said Stannis "is alive in my books". ADWD is a book written by GRRM. so Stannis is alive in ADWD.

In ADOD a letter says that Stannis died.
The fact that some TWOW chapters are chronologically happening before this specific ADOD chapter doesn't change this.

If GRRM claims that Stannis is very alive in his books, then we can only conclude from that that Stannis is even still alive after that ADOD chapter, and that is absolutely new news.

It does therefore indeed confirm that the pink letter is at least partially a lie or wrong.
The Theon chapter could not confirm this b/c it was chronologically happening before the Pink Letter chapter. GRRM's comment confirms that even after the PL chapter Stannis is still alive.

I don't know if we can completely confirm anything about Stannis being alive in the books (like PL info) other than his story arc is not the same as the show. But if we have a confirmed timeline of all the chapters of AFFC/ADOD/TWOW sample chapters with GRRM approval, then I definitely can see how this sheds a new light on PL theories. I am not completely convinced, though, that Theon chapter has to take place before the PL Jon chapter. But that's just me. I could be wrong. 

I think the Theon Chapter in WOW which is supposed to be in ADWD, happens at the same time as the Mutiny at CB, since it takes time for Tycho Nestoris to move through the snow to Deepwood and Stannis. Its also likely the chapter happens right after Jons last chapter, cause it also takes time for Theon and Jeyne to go to Mors Umber. In the snow, it likely takes a few days to a week and a half. 

In ADOD a letter says that Stannis died.
The fact that some TWOW chapters are chronologically happening before this specific ADOD chapter doesn't change this.

by that logic Stannis maybe dead at the end of ADwD, and alive at the start of TWoW. Meaning he is both dead and alive, a real Schrodinger's cat situation, so for GRRM to say he is alive is not a lie, but he could also say he's dead and it might be equally true.

His statement proves absolutely nothing, other than we haven't seen him die definitively, but we also have not seen him survive the battle. The media are just grasping for anything they can use. 

by that logic Stannis maybe dead at the end of ADwD, and alive at the start of TWoW. Meaning he is both dead and alive, a real Schrodinger's cat situation, so for GRRM to say he is alive is not a lie, but he could also say he's dead and it might be equally true.

His statement proves absolutely nothing, other than we haven't seen him die definitively, but we also have not seen him survive the battle. The media are just grasping for anything they can use. 

He is both living and dead! Thank you for talking about Schrodinger's cat. The media is really grasping at straws. I think they found out about these forums so we all need to tip them off with the best tinfoil theories to print next. 

UnStannis confirmed. 

Archived