Season 6 - what we know (MAJOR SPOILERS)

JonSnowed

1. The Wall

– No info / scenes reported
2. Bran
– Tower of Joy flashback scene
– Flashback scene involving “the origin of Hodor”
3. The North
– Theon will head to the Riverlands at some point
– Smalljon and Lord Karstark will have roles
– Osha and Rickon will return
– Petyr Baelish, Yohn Royce and Robin Arryn will appear
– 6×09: Large battle scene involving Boltons&Northerners&Jon Sow&wildlings
4. The Riverlands
– Jaime & Bronn will (some time after 6×06) head to the Riverlands
– Arya will (some time after 6×08) return to the Riverlands
– Ian McShane’s character will interact with Lachlan’s band of outlaws
– Walder Frey will return
5. Iron Islands
– Theon will (at some point) return
– Yara returns, Euron and Aeron cast
– 6×05/6×06: Kingsmoot
6. King’s Landing
– scene between Olenna and Mace Tyrell (before 6×05)
– 6×06: Jaime, Tommen and Tyrell soldiers free Margaery from Sept of Baelor
7. Dorne
8. Samwell
– scene where Sam interacts with a maester in Oldtown
– 6×05/6×06: Sam and Gilly arrive at Horn Hill. Interrupt family dinner. Multiple scenes.
9. Arya
– 6×03/6×04: Arya, still blind, is a beggar in the streets. The Waif confronts her. 
– scene(s) regarding the play The Bloody Hand
– 6×08: The Waif chases Arya.
10. Meereen
– scene between Tyrion, Varys and High Priestess Kinvara
11. Daenerys

1. The Wall
No info / scenes reported
2. Bran
 Tower of Joy flashback scene
Flashback scene involving the origin of Hodor
3. The North
Theon will head to the Riverlands at some point
Smalljon and Lord Karstark will have roles
Osha and Rickon will return
Petyr Baelish, Yohn Royce and Robin Arryn will appear
 6×09: Large battle scene involving Boltons&Northerners&Jon Sow&wildlings
4. The Riverlands
Jaime & Bronn will (some time after 6×06) head to the Riverlands
Arya will (some time after 6×08) return to the Riverlands
Ian McShanes character will interact with Lachlans band of outlaws
Walder Frey will return
5. Iron Islands
Theon will (at some point) return
Yara returns, Euron and Aeron cast
 6×05/6×06: Kingsmoot
6. Kings Landing
 scene between Olenna and Mace Tyrell (before 6×05)
 6×06: Jaime, Tommen and Tyrell soldiers free Margaery from Sept of Baelor
7. Dorne
8. Samwell
 scene where Sam interacts with a maester in Oldtown
 6×05/6×06: Sam and Gilly arrive at Horn Hill. Interrupt family dinner. Multiple scenes.
9. Arya
 6×03/6×04: Arya, still blind, is a beggar in the streets. The Waif confronts her. 
 scene(s) regarding the play The Bloody Hand
 6×08: The Waif chases Arya.
10. Meereen
 scene between Tyrion, Varys and High Priestess Kinvara
11. Daenerys

This reminded me of another post I saw earlier with some similar info but separated by episode/director

http://w11.zetaboards.com/Jaime_x_Brienne/single/?p=8865977&t=11328570

Seems like we will have a pretty thorough idea of how next season is going to play out if we continue to get so much info over the next few months

From the looks of it, a lot of Season 6 will be devoted to cleaning up old storylines from AFFC and ADWD: the Riverlands (including a pseudo-BWB gang of outlaws and a Septon Meribald/Elder Brother figure), the Kingsmoot (occurring no sooner than halfway through the season), Arya's blindness, Northern lords, Sam in Oldtown, etc. etc. There are some stories that appear to be doomed to spoil TWOW (Dany's, Jon's, and Tyrion's, etc.), but there seems to be not only a fair amount of "cleanup" of AFFC and ADWD, but also non-book storylines.

It looks like the big drama in King's Landing in Season 6 will be Margaery and Loras' imprisonment by the Faith, culminating in Jaime in 6x06 dramatically demanding Margaery's release backed by Tyrell soldiers. That's nowhere in the books; Book Margaery is released pending trial with little fanfare, and of course Book Jaime is nowhere near KL around this time. That's not to say that KL won't get into TWOW material, but I imagine it won't happen until late in the season.

Curious to see what Sansa's up to. Sophie Turner is back in Belfast now to resume filming, but hasn't done any filming since mid-August. I didn't hear any news of her being near the big northern battle filmed in Saintfield, but on the other hand, one wouldn't expect Sansa in the midst of battle in any event. Sophie Turner was in London around the same time Kit Harington and Iwan Rheon were being photographed together when out on the town in Belfast last week. There are several months left of filming, though.

Curious to see what Sansa's up to. Sophie Turner is back in Belfast now to resume filming, but hasn't done any filming since mid-August. I didn't hear any news of her being near the big northern battle filmed in Saintfield, but on the other hand, one wouldn't expect Sansa in the midst of battle in any event. Sophie Turner was in London around the same time Kit Harington and Iwan Rheon were being photographed together when out on the town in Belfast last week. There are several months left of filming, though.

I remember reading that the actor who plays Yohn Royce had said he would return for season 6 and would be filming in July and December. If - and its a big if, as we don't know what they have planned for her in the show - Sansa is to return to the Vale, where book Sansa currently is, then perhaps those scenes are not going to be shot until later on in the filming cycle?

As we know Jaime, the High Sparrow, Margaery and Tommen are involved. No mention of other characters, such as Lancel and Olenna, who were reported by Los Siete Reinos. There were 139 Tyrell soldiers, as well as a few dozen other extras for the city folk and the Faith Militant.

The runtime of the scene is four minutes, which may seem brief but is quite a lot if you really think about it (also, that was just part of the scene; the rest will be filmed today.) It begins with the High Sparrow going down the Sept's stairs while the people applaud him. He explains that Queen Margaery has joined them in accepting the power of the Faith. Just then, Jaime Lannister bursts into the scene, on horseback and leading an army of a hundred and forty Tyrell soldiers, and demands that the High Sparrow free Queen Margaery. Suddenly, the gates of the Great Sept open - it is Tommen Baratheon, followed by Queen Margaery and the Kingsguards, who are bearing the Faith Militant’s sigil instead of the Royal sigil. The king and queen have accepted the High Sparrow’s reformed faith, and they are acclaimed by the people. It is emphasized that this is only the first part of the scene ; the rest will be filmed today,and it is expected to be a transcendental scene in which the two factions come to blows.

Source: WoTW's comment section + El Punt Avui

From the looks of it, a lot of Season 6 will be devoted to cleaning up old storylines from AFFC and ADWD: the Riverlands (including a pseudo-BWB gang of outlaws and a Septon Meribald/Elder Brother figure), the Kingsmoot (occurring no sooner than halfway through the season), Arya's blindness, Northern lords, Sam in Oldtown, etc. etc. There are some stories that appear to be doomed to spoil TWOW (Dany's, Jon's, and Tyrion's, etc.), but there seems to be not only a fair amount of "cleanup" of AFFC and ADWD, but also non-book storylines.

It looks like the big drama in King's Landing in Season 6 will be Margaery and Loras' imprisonment by the Faith, culminating in Jaime in 6x06 dramatically demanding Margaery's release backed by Tyrell soldiers. That's nowhere in the books; Book Margaery is released pending trial with little fanfare, and of course Book Jaime is nowhere near KL around this time. That's not to say that KL won't get into TWOW material, but I imagine it won't happen until late in the season.

I don't expect Sansa to have as big a role this year as last year. They specifically said that they wanted to beef up her role last year even though she has less book time in this time in the books than in previous books which was odd. It only makes sense if they wanted to give Sophie some proper scenes before other plots take precedent. Last year I felt it was too much, too contrived, too dull really. Didn't help she was stuck with Ramsey. If she lives the whole season I expect her in around 7 episodes, not the 9 from last year. Especially as time is needed for Sam's independent story and the Iron Islands.

This is giving me some hope! I was so disgusted with the end of last season, that I haven't been on this site much lately. But some of the leaks that are coming out are actually making me excited for Season 6. Cleaning up the loose ends will help repair some of my resentment towards Season 6 and make me feel like I can watch without spoiling WoW too terribly. 

4. The Riverlands

– Ian McShane’s character will interact with Lachlan’s band of outlaws

From the looks of it, a lot of Season 6 will be devoted to cleaning up old storylines from AFFC and ADWD: the Riverlands (including a pseudo-BWB gang of outlaws and a Septon Meribald/Elder Brother figure),

I've been wondering about this since the first casting calls : anybody got any idea why they are making up a new band of outlaws instead of reusing the BWB? It sure is a replacement and not an addition, right?

I've been wondering about this since the first casting calls : anybody got any idea why they are making up a new band of outlaws instead of reusing the BWB? It sure is a replacement and not an addition, right?

We don't know they are replacement yet.
On the show they reimagined the Brave Companions and Vargo Hoat becomes, kinda, Locke (funny Locke sort of looks like Hoat!)
The Brave Companions become bandits in the books, so this could be an analog of them.

I don't expect Sansa to have as big a role this year as last year. They specifically said that they wanted to beef up her role last year even though she has less book time in this time in the books than in previous books which was odd. It only makes sense if they wanted to give Sophie some proper scenes before other plots take precedent. Last year I felt it was too much, too contrived, too dull really. Didn't help she was stuck with Ramsey. If she lives the whole season I expect her in around 7 episodes, not the 9 from last year. Especially as time is needed for Sam's independent story and the Iron Islands.

If my theory that Season 6 will largely be devoted to "cleanup" of AFFC/ADWD leftover plotlines is correct, then that leaves Sansa somewhat at loose ends, since there's no way of really reconstructing her AFFC/ADWD storyline: she's been outed to the Vale lords, and she is in a valid marriage, so a Harry marriage intrigue is out of the question. So the question is whose arc she'll get tacked on to for Season 6. Some have suggested Rickon, others have suggested Jon, still others have suggested that she heads back to the Riverlands with Brienne. No matter what she's up to, though, I suspect she'll be a footnote in someone else's story. Sophie Turner has been taking a significant break over the past month, which might not mean all that much given that filming is going until December, but which does raise some questions as to how extensive her role will be in Season 6.

This is giving me some hope! I was so disgusted with the end of last season, that I haven't been on this site much lately. But some of the leaks that are coming out are actually making me excited for Season 6. Cleaning up the loose ends will help repair some of my resentment towards Season 6 and make me feel like I can watch without spoiling WoW too terribly. 

I think that Season 6 will have some big plot spoilers, but apart from the "character that's still alive in the books" deaths like Barristan's and Stannis', which are usually spread out over the season, I think that they'll mostly come at the end of the season.

The really big spoilers are likely to be either confirmations of popular fan theories that won't really surprise the book readers or some really big developments in the back half of the season. Judging from the news that we've received as to Season 6, these seem to be the obvious big book spoilers so far:

1. R+L=J

2. Jon is resurrected

3. Arya returns to Westeros (specifically, the Riverlands)

4. Sandor Clegane is alive

Most book readers believed these things would be confirmed or would happen, so I don't think it will be the most horrifying thing ever if the show confirms these things, since most book readers just assume them as a matter of course. I do think it will be a blow to GRRM if the show beats him to the R+L=J reveal and Jon's resurrection, though.

The biggest Season 6 spoiler to date is the news about the big 6x09 battle. It's too early to say whether that's a real book spoiler. It's hard to imagine such a battle occurring in the books without Stannis' presence being a big factor, and of course TV Stannis is already dead and his forces are smashed. We'll see, I guess. It's too early to assume things will play out the same way in the books.

We don't know they are replacement yet.
On the show they reimagined the Brave Companions and Vargo Hoat becomes, kinda, Locke (funny Locke sort of looks like Hoat!)
The Brave Companions become bandits in the books, so this could be an analog of them.

Oh I didn't think about that.

But if they are a sort of replacement for the Brave Companions, then I suppose their point would be to terrorize the Riverlands and just generally be bad guys.

But wasn't it implied somewhere (casting calls? shooting info? I can't remember) that the actor that might be the equivalent of Meribald / possibly Elder brother has some kind of intereraction with them ? Do we think that would work if the outlaws are really bad guys like the brave companions ?

Well I read the info from that casting call again, and it sounds like you're right, they could be a milder version of the Brave Companions. The religion aspect though, is what really baffles me. It doesn't fit with what we know of the story from the book.

I really wanted to see the BWB again, but 2 bands of outlaws with a religious component seems a bit repetitive.

UNLESS, they are sort of a loose faction from the BWB.

In the books, they do seem to have gone a little extreme under LS's rule. Also, we know from Jaime's account that they have begun to split up and spy on what is happening in various different places at the same time (well they were always sort of split up in the books, but that never really appeared in the show, plus it's getting more serious in the books as well.)

So yeah I could see them being some rogue BWB guys.

In which case, hopefully we could see some sort of standoff between Lachlan's guys and Thoros' team at some point.

Do we know if Paul Kaye, Richard Dormer or any of the other BWB guys are returning in season 6?

I wonder whether they're going to use McShane's Meribald/Elder Brother mash-up, if that's what is happening, as a way of playing out Sandor's psychological healing and conversion? Meribald's character is all about surviving the damage that war can do and finding contentment on the other side.

If they need an actor who can believably play a hardened ex-soldier and at the same time challenge Sandor's cynicism and darkness, McShane is the man to do it.

• 1 month later...

Some potential news. It's from WOTW comments section.

It's from the wrap up party The Battle of Bastards. The guy on the right is apparently our Smalljon Umber. He certainly got the build to be Umber. Tormund will be there with Jon, but that's not really news.

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xtp1/t51.2885-15/s640x640/sh0.08/e35/11313539_1507253602932007_717926920_n.jpg

Archived