Rickon Stark question

brranstaark

Hello :) very new to this thread so if I make a mistake sorry, and please let me know.

Ok to my question: I've seen many people on here staying that they don't think Rickon will have any impact or importance in the conclusion of the story.

My question: if Rickon has no importance to the story why would George create him if he wasn't intending to use him?

When they say "no impact or importance", they mean "small impact or importance". They think he's just a minor side character.

I think he's gonna play some role. But not actively. He's gonna be important because of who he is, not because of anything he might do.

Anyway, I really look forward to seeing what he's been up to. And to see Skagos. And unicorns.

I think the "Shaggydog" theory is nonsense. Rickon isn't {and probably won't be) that important because he's just a babe, not because GRRM is trying to misdirect readers given that he's barely been featured in the books.

I'm almost certain that Davos will find him and the North will crown him KITN or at worst Lord of Winterfell. 

When they say "no impact or importance", they mean "small impact or importance". They think he's just a minor side character.

I think he's gonna play some role. But not actively. He's gonna be important because of who he is, not because of anything he might do.

Anyway, I really look forward to seeing what he's been up to. And to see Skagos. And unicorns.

I honestly doubt we'll get much of a glimpse of Skagos,we'll probably learn a bit about it through Davos' recollections/

My question: if Rickon has no importance to the story why would George create him if he wasn't intending to use him?

Depend what you mean by "importance".

Will he be a character that is going to start interacting with everyone and actively participating? Doubt it.

But, he will be the rallying point of the North. Stannis needs him to have the Northern cause on his favour. That's what will give him the leverage to make them fight on his side for the upcoming important battle against the Others. So, I'd say yes, he will be very important.

I don't think Rickon will himself be an important player. However. he's a Stark so important events may happen in his name, or for him.
For example. Davos, Stannis's Hand is now in search of him, heading towards Skagos.
Davos could die on this journey.
Events at the wall could have played out differently if he had stayed behind.
Davos accepting the role that Manderly offered him could have an affect on how Manderly is behaving in Winterfell.

But Rickon himself is just hanging out with Shaggydog

Archived