*Spoilers* Ser Davos Seaworth

nyser1

What happens to Davos going forward?

In the season finale, Ser Davos appears to learn that Stannis has lost the fight, and that Shireen did not make it. What did he do for the rest of the day? We do not know.

That night, Jon is stabbed multiple times, presumably killed or severely injured. There is a high probability of some sort of conflict stemming from this. What does Davos do next? From what we have seen, he and Melisandre are the only people from Stannis's cause who are alive at Castle Black. What will happen with him next?

If you genuinely believe Davos will take up the Stark cause, why would he do that? The closest connection he had to a Stark was Jon Snow, who may be dead for good (and if he is going to be resurrected, I doubt Davos knows of it in advance).

It's a tricky one... On one hand we know he really just wants to go home, but will Devan go with him? If Devan wants to stay with Melisandre who knows what (show) Davos will do.

My guess is (show & book) Davos will take the black.

(book) Davos will get to Skagos first, maybe hear about Stannis' death (assuming) and take Rickon to the wall and then take the black himself.

(show) Davos might just do it straight way, leaving Brienne to find Rickon on Skagos.

Jon's funeral or a flame in general will reveal Sansa's escape and Davos will come to the aid. The Boltons are still the enemy and I do not see Davos just packing up to go become a smuggler and pirate. Jon, Mel and Davos will make Sansa's rescue and probably Rickon and Co their new priority. Boltons are public enemy #1.

Jon's funeral or a flame in general will reveal Sansa's escape and Davos will come to the aid. The Boltons are still the enemy and I do not see Davos just packing up to go become a smuggler and pirate. Jon, Mel and Davos will make Sansa's rescue and probably Rickon and Co their new priority. Boltons are public enemy #1.

Davos will play a part in the fight against Boltons (they will be defeated...one way or another), but that's not a job for Jon or Mel. Jon is currently dead and will remain until episode 9 or something (I think so), Mel's task is to bring back her champion. Jon's potential job for the future could be to unite North, Widlings and what will remain from Night's Watch. Not to fight Boltons but White Walkers.

Well, since D&D dont like Starks teaming up, Sansa and Theon will probably head for the wall. Melisandre, like in the book with Jeyne Poole, will see this in the flame and ask Davos to rescue this young girl. (Not telling him thats she needs the cripple with king's blood). Davos ofcourse wouldnt trust a damn Melisandre says anymore, but won't leave Sansa to her fate. I could see him teaming up with Sansa and Brienne to raise the North against the Boltons. Diplomacy and convincing people for a cause is his best quality and the Northern lords will probably love his honesty and straightforwardness. I can see no other path for him in the show. 

Don't forget GRRM once said to the actor that Davos had a very important role to play in the upcoming seasons.

It's a tricky one... On one hand we know he really just wants to go home, but will Devan go with him? If Devan wants to stay with Melisandre who knows what (show) Davos will do.

My guess is (show & book) Davos will take the black.

(book) Davos will get to Skagos first, maybe hear about Stannis' death (assuming) and take Rickon to the wall and then take the black himself.

(show) Davos might just do it straight way, leaving Brienne to find Rickon on Skagos.

I think this is quite likely that he will take the black, he was so devoted to Stannis I can't see him really being able to move onto another cause so easily. I think his guilt in not being able to prevent Shireens death, and possibly his own sons will make him look for redemption elsewhere. Or he might try and kill Mel.

Davos will play a part in the fight against Boltons (they will be defeated...one way or another), but that's not a job for Jon or Mel. Jon is currently dead and will remain until episode 9 or something (I think so), Mel's task is to bring back her champion. Jon's potential job for the future could be to unite North, Widlings and what will remain from Night's Watch. Not to fight Boltons but White Walkers.

I agree Jon will not fight against the Boltons. We know from LF's conversation with Cersei that LF plans to lead the Vale against the Boltons. LF wants to become Warden of the North. However, Mel does see herself walking the battlements of Winterfell so how / when this happens I'm not sure.

Jon's destiny is surely to lead the Wildings and the North against the Whitewalkers. I think most of the NW will be destroyed by the Wildings before Jon is brought back.

I've no idea what Davos or Brienne will do now. So many possibilities.

I agree Jon will not fight against the Boltons. We know from LF's conversation with Cersei that LF plans to lead the Vale against the Boltons. LF wants to become Warden of the North. However, Mel does see herself walking the battlements of Winterfell so how / when this happens I'm not sure.

Jon's destiny is surely to lead the Wildings and the North against the Whitewalkers. I think most of the NW will be destroyed by the Wildings before Jon is brought back.

I've no idea what Davos or Brienne will do now. So many possibilities.

This is what I see as Davos' importance at Castle Black, to stop the Wildlings from attacking Castle Black over what happened to Jon. I think Ser Davos will be able to stop Tormund from killing all of the crows by explaining how important it is that they remain allies due to the incoming WW invasion. If there is one person alive who could convince Tormund to remain passive after Jon's murder, I think Davos is the guy.

We know that Theon told Sansa in the show that her brothers are actually alive. We know that Theon and Sansa's most likely destination is the Wall.

1. Theon and Sansa arrive at the Wall and meet Davos shortly afterward, Sansa trusts him and sends him to the Umbers to look for them (we know Smalljon was cast).

2. Davos essentially has all the Wyman Manderly stuff with Smalljon Umber instead, he's told Rickon and Osha were sent to Skagos because the North wasn't safe for them with the Boltons in charge.

3. Davos sails to Skagos to search for them.

As for the rest, who knows?!

We know that Theon told Sansa in the show that her brothers are actually alive. We know that Theon and Sansa's most likely destination is the Wall.

1. Theon and Sansa arrive at the Wall and meet Davos shortly afterward, Sansa trusts him and sends him to the Umbers to look for them (we know Smalljon was cast).

2. Davos essentially has all the Wyman Manderly stuff with Smalljon Umber instead, he's told Rickon and Osha were sent to Skagos because the North wasn't safe for them with the Boltons in charge.

As for the rest, who knows?!

good points, well made!

Davos needs to and will step up and be a hero that we all know him to be. Good man and then some. He will undoubtably do what he can to help who he feels is good and just. He, I suspect will want to bath in Bolton blood but his relationship with Mel going forward should be interesting to say the least. He might be the one to kill Roose Bolton when it is said and done. He loved Shireen like she was his own daughter. He had only sons. I would like him to step up and be like a fatherly figure to the Stark kids if they are found, especially Rickon. Kid lost his father, Maester Lewyn and Ser Rodrick, plus his brothers. Davos certainly has a large role to play out. Also, Sallahan, the pirate is still his friend, I wonder what, if any will come of it in the future.

This is what I see as Davos' importance at Castle Black, to stop the Wildlings from attacking Castle Black over what happened to Jon. I think Ser Davos will be able to stop Tormund from killing all of the crows by explaining how important it is that they remain allies due to the incoming WW invasion. If there is one person alive who could convince Tormund to remain passive after Jon's murder, I think Davos is the guy.

Davos doesn't know anything about what happened at Hardhome whereas Tormund was actually there. Why would Davos explain the threat to Tormund is beyond me. 

I'd like to see a Davos vengeance story, although it's very unlikely. Say Davos cashes in on the remaining money for more sellswords, unites the half of Stannis's army that deserted as they will probably be forced to retreat back to Castle Black, perhaps garner some support from Tormund, and retake Winterfell. My personal dream scenario is that with 3,000-4,000 men Davos finds out about the tunnels rumored to exist throughout the North created as defense from the Others and takes an army underground. Then emerges from the Crypts of Winterfell at night and takes the Castle before the Bolton's realize what's going on. Davos being Lord of Winterfell would be too epic for words.

Archived