Favorite quotes about other characters

Hugorfonics

Pretty much everything Tyrion says I love.
Cat.

"The thing is, you did not know the Starks. Lord Eddard is a proud, honorable, and honest man, and his lady wife is worse.

Ned/Cersei.

My gentle sister seems to have mistaken me for Ned Stark."

"I hear he was taller."

"Not after Joff took off his head. 

I think they're both hysterical. I also like Stannis talking about Tyrion

"His uncle, it's said. The Imp."

Stannis ground his teeth. "A dangerous man. I learned that on the Blackwater.

And a Selmy line about Rhaegar.

I wish I could have known him." Her voice was wistful.
I wish he could have known you," the old knight said.

But I really only love this line because it makes dany seem so cool

"He was always clever, even as a boy, but it is one thing to be clever and another to be wise." - Catelyn, regarding Littlefinger.

This has always been my stance on Petyr. He may be smart, but his overall goal of destroying the Seven Kingdoms from the shadows is vacuous. That's the difference between he and Varys. Varys is wise, Petyr is clever, and only one of them has Westeros's best interst in mind. The other would be King of the Ashes, as long as it meant being king.

"I know that she spent her childhood in exile, impoverished, living on dreams and schemes, running from one city to the next, always fearful, never safe, friendless but for a brother who was by all accounts half-mad...a brother who sold her maidenhood to the Dothraki for the promise of an army. I know that somewhere upon the grass, her dragons hatched, and so did she. I know she is proud. How not? What else was left her but pride? I know she is strong. How not? The Dothraki despise weakness. If Daenerys had been weak, she would have perished with Viserys. I know she is fierce. Astapor, Yunkai and Meereen are proof enough of that. She has survived assassins and conspiracies and fell sorceries, grieved for a brother and a husband and a son, trod the cities of the slavers to dust beneath her dainty sandaled feet"
-Tyrion about Daenerys

"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died".

ASOIAF in a nutshell, by Jorah :(

And of course,

"That was all so long ago, though. If this is indeed Jon Connington, he will be a different man. Older, harder, more seasoned ... more dangerous".

(I also love Martin's description of him: "the young, vigorous Lord Connington, a friend of Rhaegar's who had a great reputation as a warrior". Only because the word "vigorous" has always had a sexual connotation for me, dunno why).

Archived