Visenya the Conquerer?

Darkstream

But swordsmanship is still very much about skill, more than boxng I dare say. Visenya will always have a disadvantage due to her being a woman but she could still be a good fighter due to her exeptional skill, the problem i have with your original comment is not that you say that women have a disatvntage against men, it is thatt you generalise women without consideration to those with more skill.

Hypothetically if I, without any training in swordsmanship whatsoever (I am a man), fought a woman who had trained at it, and also is quite skilled at it, then I would most likely loose. Training is very important is what I am trying to say and you can be born with more talents that may help you in combat than just pure strength. Visenya may have been born with exeptional reflexes and so on.

sigh, what I am trying to say is that while your average woman is a worse fighter than your average man there are women who are not average in their skill.

Caspoi,

indeed. This is not about modern-day sports, it is about the ability and the willingness to kill. Visenya, not Aegon, was 'the true steel' of House Targaryen.

Skills of swordsmanship depends a lot on your strength,reaction and speed and in all of what Visenya will suck pretty much cuz she was a woman.

Skills of swordsmanship depends a lot on your strength,reaction and speed and in all of what Visenya will suck pretty much cuz she was a woman.

To correct this, you should say that Visenya would suck compared to Aegon.

By all accounts, Aegon is described every inch a warrior is supposed to look like and he demonstrated his skill with arms in battles too, instead of simply spitting fire upon people.

What the fuck has to do that she's a woman, in relation to reaction and speed?

Women lack not only in strength if you didn't know. Reaction,speed,instincts almost every aspect what you need in battle actually. That's why women do not go to war. At least if they do not have dragon.

Women lack not only in strength if you didn't know. Reaction,speed,instincts almost every aspect what you need in battle actually. That's why women do not go to war. At least if they do not have dragon.

Says who? you? In case you don't know, this is total BS. You would know, if you had paid any attention at school. But then you'd also know how to spell "because".

Says who? you? In case you don't know, this is total BS. You would know, if you had paid any attention at school. But then you'd also know how to spell "because".

Just look on results in sports what depends on this options and you will see what man have still much better results than women.

Sorry but i never taught english at school :(  i am only autodidact.

Just look on results in sports what depends on this options and you will see what man have still much better results than women.

You really do have a problem understanding the difference between the average values and the placing of a specific individual within the bell curve.

(Btw, the comment was not about your english in general, but about the attitude towards its use.)

Cuz she's a woman. Go race an Olympic sprinter, I'm sure your magical manliness will make it an easy victory

Sure an Olympic sprinter beats me or the average male no problem but against a male Olympic sprinter it's just not fair. For example female soccer national sides regularly lose to mens under 17 sides not mens national sides just random sides.

Mithras@ You got it wrong, Visenya is the one who has demonstrated her skill in arms in battle, rather than just spitting fire.

Shmi44@ I think that you overestimate the disadvantage a woman has over a man, it exists, yes, but it is not impossible to overcome, as ShadowCat Rivers so aptly puts it this is not about average values but about individual skill.

:bs: , in one on one duels personal strength rarely comes into play. the idea that you have to be this big bulking muscle man to be a warrior is a myth.

take a good look at this video and tell me at what part was immense physical strength paramount? 

fact of the matter is, proper technique and training is decides a swordsman , not strength.

the only time when strength would come into play is if you used a weapon that specifically befits from a strength multiplayer. (great-sword,war hammer,axe,mace) or if you are participating in a large field battle where things like fatigue come into play.

bullshit, in one on one duels personally strength rarely comes into play. the idea that you have to be this big bulking muscle man to be a warrior is a myth.

take a good look at this video and tell me at what part was immense physical strength paramount? 

fact of the matter is, proper technique and training is decides a swordsman , not strength.

the only time when strength would come into play is if you used a weapon that specifically befits from a strength multiplayer. (great-sword,war hammer,axe,mace) or if you are participating in a large field battle where things like fatigue come into play.

:bs:

Strength matters as soon as the skill is sort-of equal or the difference in strength is exceedingly large. Both apply to female fighters. Negatively.

Furthermore, a greatsword is not an example for a weapon benefitting from strength in any special way.

Darkstream@ Not too much actually, after all, unlike in the movies "blocking" is a lot more about making the enemis weopon glide harmlessly away than forcing it back to its owner.

Indeed, though that is mostly leverage-based and even good leverage can't make up for too much a disparity in strength

Mostly it will be a disadvantage during half-swording and grappling moves. Not that there is much of a difference between those.

Archived