Slug 'em back - Drinking Continues!

Fragile Bird

Going a bit mad for Hopfen Weisse atm. One particular new brewery called Cloudwater are making seasonal beers. At their launch in the spring they did a bergamot one. Over the summer they've done a Simcoe one and a US hopped one. Yesterday I tried their NZ version. I think the Hopfen Weisse isn't actually that different to a white IPA, maybe that's why I like it so much.

:agree:  Just got through that this morning. Crazy weekend, no sleep, transcontinental flight with multiple glasses of wine, and I hated the sun with a passion this morning. And the cat threw up on my bed. 

Just cracked a Not Your Fathers Root Beer a few mins ago.  It is quite delicious

:agree:  Just got through that this morning. Crazy weekend, no sleep, transcontinental flight with multiple glasses of wine, and I hated the sun with a passion this morning. And the cat threw up on my bed. 

Just cracked a Not Your Fathers Root Beer a few mins ago.  It is quite delicious

Gosh. Hope you and your cat are better now?

My combination to fight migraine: coffee and dark chocolate. They always work. No kidding.

Birch beer sounds like something that moomins would drink.

Birch beer, done well, is an absolutely delightful and delicious beverage. It tends to be a regional thing in the northeast US. When I was a kid, our neighborhood parties usually had a keg of (fizzy yellow) beer for the drinkers and a keg of birch beer for the children and non-drinkers. 

Done poorly, it's a syrupy soft drink that could be mistaken for any number of mediocre (non-alcoholic) root beers.

Recently I got two cases of cider, and the types probably reflect how adventurous I've been lately. One is Dry Apple, which is pretty standard all things considered... and the other is the mistake I made.

Why the hell would Apple Lime be a flavor? Its like cheap sour whine! I hate it so much that I want to get rid of them as quickly as possible, and the only avenue for that is....a metaphorical Hell.

Archived