Slug 'em back - Drinking Continues!

Fragile Bird

i have decided grey goose is really the nectar of Aphrodite's left teet...you can drink it by the liter and not be hungover...only a beautiful goddess could be so kind... 

I feel a rare cold coming on so I am stickibg with the grog, which is rich in nutrients like vitamin C. No scurvy up in House Larry on my watch.

hey brother it sucks to be sick...though a little "C" rich grog is never a bad choice... 

...and always remember something i learned in the navy, if you need to suck your lemon quota to prevent the scourge of scurvy, use tequila to break up the monotony...  ;)  

went to a pretty fun beer fest with our pals the x's and my mate from work.

we were in the gates quickly and still the barrel aged perennial abraxus was kicked in ten minutes or so. the cantillon keg was cracked so missed that one as well. kair was after the canadian breakfast stout, but it too kicked quickly. 

it was all in all an awesome time. we drank some fantastic beers. as we have pieced things together it looks like i had 25+ beers.

Drinking a better red than I should after watching football all afternoon, but I polished off all of the mediocre stuff already.  (for my definitions of wine quality it's about a $20 bottle retail.)

We have a fun thing at work right now. Each chef is paired with a bartender to collaborate on a cocktail.

Initially I made a cascade hop and grapefruit bitters I imagined going with gin.

My bartender made a apple infused whisky. I have now made a sherry vinegar and maplease syrup shrub infused with ginger.

Not sure where we are going but it will n be good I think.

As a point of information, where is your restaurant?

We are still piecing the afternoon together. 

All I can say is this: whoever brewed that beer that tasted like nuoc cham should be tarred, feathered, and exiled to Siberia.

The Sunny D-lite beer was also pretty fucking gross.

• If that was patterned after the Sunny Delight orangish syrupy kids beverage, I wouldn't be surprised.

Pretty sure it wasn't deliberate -- the beer just ended up this horrible neon orange color, and it tasted like a mix of beer, orange juice, and a shot of habanero-infused well vodka. Terrible, all around. But still not as gross as the aforementioned fish sauce beer.

that was the mango-habanero oberon. and yeah, it was bad. the only beer i poured out. 

we checked the map of the event against our memories and what beers i had logged into untappt. it is looking like no less than 30 beers. yikes.

i have decided grey goose is really the nectar of Aphrodite's left teet...you can drink it by the liter and not be hungover...only a beautiful goddess could be so kind... 

hey brother it sucks to be sick...though a little "C" rich grog is never a bad choice... 

...and always remember something i learned in the navy, if you need to suck your lemon quota to prevent the scourge of scurvy, use tequila to break up the monotony...  ;)

Bloody hell you are not supposed to drink hard liquor damn you!!!!

Someone did give me a sample of some sort of Portsmouth to Portland microbrew made with lobstah yesterday.

If offered to you, pass.

The Yeastie Boys brewed a Whitebait beer recently. Can't recall what style but...not feeling it really.

I had some hop distillates yesterday. They were pretty good. I tried Citra (works, obviously), Sorachi (absolutely superb!!), Pacific Gem (pretty solid, I'd give it third place), Motueka (which the server INSISTED on shoving an orange wedge into before they could be stopped - so who knows what that was like but I'm gonna say 'ok'), and Phoenix (a British hop which I'm going to say was stale before they distilled it as it smelled funky like old vegetables). Anyway, I want a whole bottle of the Sorachi one - you can easily drink it neat or with the smallest splash of tonic. Yum.

Someone did give me a sample of some sort of Portsmouth to Portland microbrew made with lobstah yesterday.

If offered to you, pass.

Yeah, this trend of making beer with seafood is bullshit and will hopefully die soon. Any brewer who actually makes that shit should cut off their hands and feed them to the sharks. And, yes, I think oyster stouts are bullshit too.

Started the weekend on Thursday this last week and brought a 15 pack of All Day IPA's, a 6 pack of Summit, a .75 of Jag, a liter of fireball, and a .75 of Bellvenie Double Barrel scotch.... made it to Saturday before running out, though in my defense there was a lot of sharing happening.  I'm officially on day two of this hangover.

Yeah, this trend of making beer with seafood is bullshit and will hopefully die soon. Any brewer who actually makes that shit should cut off their hands and feed them to the sharks. And, yes, I think oyster stouts are bullshit too.

I heard from someone I trust that the Ducato collaboration brew with some Maine brewer was actually very good, but I haven't tried it myself.

Bloody hell you are not supposed to drink hard liquor damn you!!!!

:devil:  :devil:  :devil:  

is this really a thing...thank the gods i gave up most beer for tequila or vodka some yrs ago...and when i need a lobstah, or some low-country shrimp or oysters i just eat them...and drink cabo wabo, cause a tequila a day keeps the doctor at bay    :cheers:

cheap wine all weekend in lamentation of turning 40. the grave opens before me like a large hole in the ground.

well happy birthday Solo but... :lmao:  i can't help but laugh my friend since i am staring down into the 64th level of hell in just under 7 weeks... :lmao:

...oh to be 40 again now that tight sweater weather is here...  :leer:

Yes, I do actually. A friend of a friend who works at East London Brewing brought some of this to a barbecue last month and persuaded us all to try it. I was hesitant as I dislike sweet, sickly drinks. But it was actually really nice, not sickly at all and it was actually quite dry. In fact, I bet it blends well with all kinds of stuff. Then a stranger was making noises about mead in our local bottle shop on Saturday so I steered her toward this stuff.

Archived