Slug 'em back - Drinking Continues!

Fragile Bird

OH GOD OH GOD NONONONOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I am drinking Jeppson's Malort. It's unofficial official motto is "kick your mouth in the balls" and OH MY GOD SO AAAAAHHHH I AM NOT DRUNK ENOUGH FOR THIS.

MercChef Tsavong Lah RRL Kair -- you bet your sweet asses we are gonna make you drink this shite at MDF

OH MY GOD JEPPSON'S MALORT IS SO TOTALLY THE DRINK OF MDF THAT WE NEVER KNEW WAS THE DRINK OF MDF!

This is really the most bitter thing I've ever had. It's like soaking a piece of wormwood in a mix of Everclear and simple syrup and then holding that piece of wormwood in your mouth for some time.

I am drinking my own beer tonight!  It is so much better than I expected.  Sure I used a recipe from the guy who sold my supplies but I admit this guy knows how to craft a beer.  Simple pale ale but oh so drinkable.  Going to have him help me craft a red IPA next.

I am drinking my own beer tonight!  It is so much better than I expected.  Sure I used a recipe from the guy who sold my supplies but I admit this guy knows how to craft a beer.  Simple pale ale but oh so drinkable.  Going to have him help me craft a red IPA next.

:cheers: Congrats! No shame in starting off with someone else's recipe. Learning the procedures is a lot more important in general. If you look at how many clone recipes there are out there and consider how many of them come directly from breweries, you quickly get the sense that equipment and procedures are a bigger factor than recipes.

Yes, congratulations!  That's awesome!:cheers:

:cheers: Congrats! No shame in starting off with someone else's recipe. Learning the procedures is a lot more important in general. If you look at how many clone recipes there are out there and consider how many of them come directly from breweries, you quickly get the sense that equipment and procedures are a bigger factor than recipes.

You can say that again!  I think the real bugaboo of homebrewing might just be - consistency.

Congrats! And yeah, while devising your own recipes is great, it's much better to get really good on tried-and-true recipes, so you know how to troubleshoot any problems when they arise.

I drank a 375ml bottle of Pinot Noir that my wine club sent me as an added gift.  I can't tell if the half bottle is either a devilish curse or the greatest boon to the already drinking guy whose one OCD trait is that he can't leave a wine bottle unfinished.

I drank a 375ml bottle of Pinot Noir that my wine club sent me as an added gift.  I can't tell if the half bottle is either a devilish curse or the greatest boon to the already drinking guy whose one OCD trait is that he can't leave a wine bottle unfinished.

That's not an OCD trait.  I'm pretty sure one serving of wine means an entire bottle.

Can't say I'm that fussed tbh. Yah, Sculpin is ok, but it's not like it's THE BEST IPA in the whole world. 

Also, Cannonball is in cans now. Weeee. And we get paid in beer for our new job running a homebrew club. So our fridge is full of cans. :)

I'm so bummed about this. I'm not sure if calling Pretty Things my favorite brewery in the US is totally accurate, but I feel good calling Dann & Martha Paquette my favorite brewers. And I have no doubts about calling Dann one of the best brewers in the USA.

The first batch of the 1901 KK they brewed was the first beer that made me realize, "You know, it sucks I can't buy this on tap all the time, but now that I'm a homebrewer, I can make something just like it!" That beer (and Pretty Things) also put me onto Ron Pattinson in particular and historical British beers in general, which have become some of my favorite things to brew and drink. 

St. Botolph's Town is one of my favorite American beers, even though it's neither pale nor hoppy nor bitter, which are the common threads of most of the beers I drink on a regular basis.

Ok, so I never got into the whole dressing up in costumes for their beer launches (and never needed to, as I don't live in Boston), but their whole "Fuck styles, let's just brew things that taste good and inspire people to come together over a beer" attitude suits me just fine. 

Looking forward to whatever they do next, as I imagine it will involve more tasty beer. We'll be stocking up on PT bottles when we're in New England this weekend and savoring them over the coming weeks.

I'm sad I didn't get to catch the last couple of their beers that I was after. I thought you guys might know some inside intel about what they plan to do now.

While I'm in here I'm just going to add that I am not really a fan of BrewDog's DIPA Born to Die (clearly inspired by Stone's Enjoy By/Enjoy After range - obviously, because BD and Stone beers are both centrifuged to fuck and 3/4 or more of their beers are uninteresting to me at this point). As shareholders we were gifted two bombers of it this week in one of the bars and I gave all of mine away. Sorry, but there are much better DIPAs being brewed in the UK right now and I am bored to death with drinking ULTRA BRIGHT hoppy beers that have had all the flavour spun out, like a slush puppy that's basically just ice with all the flavour sucked out. Give me hop haze AND flavour over pin bright beer any day.

We've been in line for Bourbon County release day. Store opens in an hour and we're about 50th. Allotment is a 4 pack of regular BC Stout, 2 bottles each of the coffee stout and barley wine, and 1 each of the Regal Rye and the Rare, which is going for 80 bucks. Did I mention it's a 16.9oz bottle?

I routinely carry my purse like 4 times a year... and of fucking course I didn't put my wallet in there when I went to the store an hour ago. Why didn't I put my wallet in my purse? Because I thought 'hey, I'm gonna be gone for an hour. I don't need my purse, I'll just take my wallet' at which point I removed my wallet from my purse, went to the bathroom, then proceeded to grab my purse and go to the store.

I tell you this because I arrived at the store to purchase 2 things. Chili supplies(which is a lot of things), and liqueur so that I might be adequate of mind to make Chili. So I found precisely $25 dollars in and around my purse/car area when I realized my mistake the moment I thought 'better grab my wallet before I head inside!'. Chili supplies cost usually just under $20 (I buy the cheap shit), and actually came out at $19.16. This left me less than $6 to buy alcohol unless I went all the way home to get my wallet, but fuck that. I searched up and down every row of booze in the goddamn store until I found the MOST DISGUSTING LIQUID I CAN IMAGINE DRINKING. But it was the only thing there less than $6, and therefore the only thing I could afford.

That's right, folks... I'm sitting here ready to chase my Fireball and/or Vodka shots with fucking COORS LITE. Does this shit even get people drunk? I don't know... I honestly don't. I fucking hate beer in general, and I haven't drank a beer that wasn't some kind of fancy independent brewery shit forced on my by my boyfriend since I think Bush was in office. Complete honesty, this six-pack of beer IN A GODDAMN CAN is mocking me as I type this. I feel disgusting even looking at it... I just wanted to share that with you guys. Here goes. ;)

I don't know what 'Night Train' is, but if you're implying it's even cheaper/worse than COORS LITE, then I want none of it. This shit is fucking nasty. I will say this for it though, like Andy Dalton with proper assistance from his offensive line and receivers it's getting the job done.

Archived