Slug 'em back - Drinking Continues!

Fragile Bird

I'll take you up on that come next batch Mr X.  Thank you.

Spending the next two nights in Seattle, unfortunately tied to a hotel.  Still, any local IPA or Pales I should be watching out for while here?

After a couple of beers and a CC shot at some friends' birthdays, I'm home drinking a rather oakey Zin.  I used to like oak, but lately I'm turning more into a pinot noir sort of guy.  Love those black peanuts.

Bell's Expedition Stout. 

A friend of mine who lives in Michigan recommended this brew a couple years ago after I mentioned that Russian Imperials are my favorite. Told me it's his favorite stout and that I had to try it. For two goddamn years I've been looking for it every time I go to the liquor store and it's always sold out. Today they had five left so I bought all of them. Delicious stuff. 

Yeah, we do the water thing now too do to sanitary reasons, and because basically everyone I know now has a dog that either sheds everywhere or tries to eat the ball when it rolls on the floor.  But back in college all bets were off and we always put beer in those cups.

Last weekend we decided to play some beer pong for the first time in ages. We used to do the water thing as well but as we were playing on carpet in a place that didn't belong to any of us we decided to use something else to weigh down the cups. Being massive nerds, the one thing that was around in abundance? Dice. So a random assortment of dice went into each cup. When it got knocked out, you rolled the dice and took that many drinks. 

We didn't play that way for long though. It would have killed us. Maybe if we'd only used D6s it would have been alright. But there were a bunch of D20s and even a D30 in there somewhere. 

On 1/11/2016 at 5:48 PM, Minstral said:

At a family gatherings and there is the customary wine and cider.... Plus my niece is crawling on me while I write this on my phone.

Edit: just remembered that she is sick.... This might become something a danger to my heaLth.

Man... going through my old posts is as fun as it is insightful. I've been drinking nothing but juice and water now to make my fever/cold go away. Elementary school kids really do carry nothing but the plague.

We brewed our first ever lager in October - a pilsner dry hopped with Lemondrop* and it's so, so good. It's not going to last very long. Must brew it again in time for the summer. It pairs so well with rich or spicy food.

*only found this week that Lemondrop was designed to be used in pilsners. Surprising as I'd had it in IPA and session IPA before.

Damn!  That sounds good, Isis!  We brewed our first lager in 2015 as well.  We've only done the one so far but I'm sure we'll continue to make them from time to time.

The thing that comes most readily to mind that I've had recently is a friend's Barley Wine.  I liked it quite a bit so now that's on the list to make as well;)  

Archived