Slug 'em back - Drinking Continues!

Fragile Bird

1 hour ago, larrytheimp said:

Shit, I drank a Moxie a few weeks ago.  No rabies yet.

Doesn't Moxie cure rabies? I might have that confused with something else. 

Anyway, I'm sure there is still some strip mall out there somewhere with an RC soda vending machine, still charging only 25¢ a can. 

1 hour ago, R'hllors Red Lobster said:

Anyway, I'm sure there is still some strip mall out there somewhere with an RC soda vending machine, still charging only 25¢ a can. 

One of the houses where I lived in Indiana had an RC warehouse at one end of the block. At the other end of the block, there was a RC vending machine. It did charge 25 cents per can, but there were times when I'd put in a quarter and get both a soda and my quarter back. Another time, I put in a quarter and got a soda, my quarter, and a dime. I made money drinking RC! 

Good times.

17 hours ago, Mr. X said:

One of the houses where I lived in Indiana had an RC warehouse at one end of the block. At the other end of the block, there was a RC vending machine. It did charge 25 cents per can, but there were times when I'd put in a quarter and get both a soda and my quarter back. Another time, I put in a quarter and got a soda, my quarter, and a dime. I made money drinking RC! 

Good times.

Evidence of friendly AI, I wonder?

Oh noes. There is a Kernel tap takeover starting at 4pm (the precise time that my weekend begins) at a pub five minutes from where I work, which happens to be on my way to the tube station. Stop conspiring to make me drinking tasty hop-forward beers, Universe. No, no, please stop, you can't make me, etc.

On 12/11/2015 at 2:27 AM, kairparavel said:

We had an Old Fashioned with the coriander syrup on Sunday night. It was really hard to tell how great it was because we were well tipsy after some beer and cocktails while out in DC. We'll try again this weekend. We're currently enjoying our first G&Ts with the homemade tonic. The flavour profile is nice but I would like something more in my gin - we're currently drinking Hendricks.

Also, does anyone have any opinions on The Botanist gin?

Reviving your answer as I'm on a cocktail hunt: I like The Botanist with tonic. Not so much in a bigger mix, it gets overwhelmed.

On 08/02/2016 at 6:07 PM, Hoppy Hour said:

Fourpure Southern Latitude, pretty good.

They deliberately make beer which is 'accessible' (to appeal to a certain market) but I find them dull actually.

We've just spent the weekend in Huddersfield drinking super fresh Cannonball (it was only kegged on Thursday). Ended up having an impromptu lock in at the brewery tap/brewery/lab/office Friday night until we were eventually chased off site by the tap manager. Cannonball is the best IPA brewed in the UK so it was all totally worth how awful I feel right now, physically and emotionally. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Ded As Ned said:

Since apparently I'm in a mood to be drunk texting, messaging, and posting, I have decided to post my intoxicated ramblings here henceforth. Who is joining me?

A few people are with you! But you should migrate to the drunk thread. Because drunk thread  :-)

Was drinking scotch earlier. Now drinking crown.  

Archived