Slug 'em back - Drinking Continues!

Fragile Bird

25 minutes ago, kairparavel said:

We are now onto the 2013 Bourbon County Stout Backyard Rye that I begged for and MC traded for. It's a post-birthday celebration, and we're pairing it with fresh out of the oven chocolate chip cookies. It's so berry-tastic. *gurgle*

Fresh out of the oven CC cookies >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> every barrel aged stout ever.

On 24/06/2016 at 8:25 PM, Seli said:

Brew by Numbers 14|03, tripel hopped with Ella. This is very very nice.

Nice. They're good at tripels. I'm really enjoying their orange wit at the moment (07|07, I think). Special praise also goes to the 01|17 - Enigma and Nelson saison. A very interesting hop combination there. Love BBNo. Their Events Coordinator was a witnessed at my wedding a couple of weeks back. Good people.

14 minutes ago, Isis said:

Nice. They're good at tripels. I'm really enjoying their orange wit at the moment (07|07, I think). Special praise also goes to the 01|17 - Enigma and Nelson saison. A very interesting hop combination there. Love BBNo. Their Events Coordinator was a witnessed at my wedding a couple of weeks back. Good people.

Congrats on the wedding!

It is one of the breweries that I trust will be interesting. Listening to an interview (Good Beer Hunting Podcast) with their sales and media person (same guy?) was lovely, not only for his history but also the way he explained the philosophy of the brewery.

20 hours ago, Seli said:

Congrats on the wedding!

It is one of the breweries that I trust will be interesting. Listening to an interview (Good Beer Hunting Podcast) with their sales and media person (same guy?) was lovely, not only for his history but also the way he explained the philosophy of the brewery.

Thanks. :) Yes, it's the same guy. Both are friends of mine. I really need to find time to listen to that podcast. Wonder if it mentions anything about expansion of BBNo? They are at capacity now and literally cannot brew any more beer than they already do so they have some decisions to make soon.

Went to a new local brewery called Disgruntled.  Had their Bulletproof, which is an American brown ale.  I thought it was very good.  I also had their American stout and thought that was quite good as well.  I don't know enough about beer to know what makes something an American brown ale or stout though.

On 29/06/2016 at 7:19 AM, Isis said:

That's because it's been far too long since you came out with us.

its only 5 days away, surely you can wait that long to see my sip whatever you are drinking, gag a little and go back to drinking the most generic lager in the house.  

On 06/28/2016 at 11:05 AM, Isis said:

Thanks. :) Yes, it's the same guy. Both are friends of mine. I really need to find time to listen to that podcast. Wonder if it mentions anything about expansion of BBNo? They are at capacity now and literally cannot brew any more beer than they already do so they have some decisions to make soon.

Yes there was some talk about expanding. Using a second location close by they already have for experiment and pub, using the current location for more production and automated bottling iirc. All the time staying under the tax free volume until they can break that by a few factors.

Currently in Berlin, ran into the BRLO brewpub, liked their German IPA (seemed to have some triple character) will have to go back for more.

On 30/06/2016 at 6:57 PM, BigFatCoward said:

its only 5 days away, surely you can wait that long to see my sip whatever you are drinking, gag a little and go back to drinking the most generic lager in the house.  

@Isis i told you that would happen.  

@Isis We were talking recently about tasting menu's that come with a beer flight.  New one opened in Shoreditch.  Head chef had a michelin star at his last venue so that many courses for £45 seems a bargain.  Unfortunately being in Shoreditch it will inevitably be full of absolute douchebags.  it doesn't say how many different beers you get for your £25 but the prices on the beer list aren't prohibitive so it may be a good shout. 

http://www.thefrogrestaurant.com/menus/#_tasting

That menu looks pretty tasty to me. I like the idea of all the small plates, where you have as few/many as you want. As for the beer pairings, I hope they have some good ones - no excuse not to really. I guess as the price is pretty reasonable I'd just take a flyer on it and try it out. If you were paying a few hundred quid for the two of you then I might want to know in advance some of their ideas about what a good beer match is. We did a beer and food tasting menu at a Michelin starred restaurant a couple of years back and it was a really worthwhile experience. We had some really good discussion with the sommelier about his selections for each course. 

Thanks for the tip. Might take my husband there soon. :)

While I'm here, has anyone been doing the Cloudwater double IPA blend experiment with their version 4 and 5? I had them on keg last week but I've got bottles at home to try them again today. I prefer v5 as it's a bit less 'clean'. Fascinating stuff though. Love what they are doing in crowdsourcing opinion on how to make the best DIPA.  <3 

ETA: oh, shit, I just looked at the beer menu for The Frog. It's nearly all Brewdog and Mikkeller. Fuck that shit. All the Brewdog beers taste the same and I would not choose to pair any of them with my food. Lame. 

Ah, the America's beers still titillate my tastebuds.  Tonight's offering is Stone/Sierra Nevada's NxS IPA.  It's...okay.  I've come to expect so much from Stone and their collaborations, it's hard to live up to my dream.  A week back I had Stone's RuinTen Triple IPA and it was tremendous.

After this one is done... either Stone Ruination Double IPA or Castle Danger Double Crossing IPA.

I'm going to miss this.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived