Slug 'em back - Drinking Continues!

Fragile Bird

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 4:36 AM, Seli said:

It seems a shame to use Botanist in a gin and tonic, but then I am happy to drink gin neat.

I have difficulty drinking straight alcohol. It's the reason I've pretty well given up drinking scotch.

On 26/10/2017 at 10:13 PM, Fragile Bird said:

I have difficulty drinking straight alcohol. It's the reason I've pretty well given up drinking scotch.

That is a very good reason to mix even a good drink.

• 1 month later...
On 10/22/2017 at 4:59 PM, larrytheimp said:

Hillfarmstead's George Brown Ale.  This is the best brown I ever had.  

Went down to the pub to find it over-run with tourists for the film festival that starts today.  Was about to leave but figured I should hawk the beerlist first.  The saving grace was a fresh keg of this.  

ughh.. one of those breweries that i have wanted to try for sooo long and not had any opportunity to make it happen. this one will be on my list for life though, so hopefully some day!

i've recently discovered that i think i ruined my pallet's appreciation for big stouts, especially of the bourbon barrel-aged sort. they al lust taste kinda sweet and heavy to me now. i think huge ipa's have just wiped out my taste buds' appreciation for this style :dunno:

• 5 months later...

Drinking a Human Cannonball.

First time I've seen it for sale here, and it is quite a nice beer even if (D)IPA isn't generally my preferred style.

21 hours ago, Selibration Srbija! said:

Drinking a Human Cannonball.

First time I've seen it for sale here, and it is quite a nice beer even if (D)IPA isn't generally my preferred style.

It's a dangerous beast this year. This is its sixth outing I think and they have really cracked it. 

I accidentally drank two cans of it by myself one night last week (which was stupid of me) but it's very easily done. And I still have two cans of HC, UHC and Neo in my fridge. I guess that's Friday night sorted then. :)

I was going to post about being sad about the lack of HC and UHC over here in the States, but then I remembered a few years back we were down in Baltimore for Maryland Death Fest and, while out for our usual Friday drunken shenanigans at Max's Taphouse, discovered that they had Human Cannonball on tap AND WERE SERVING IT IN PINTS!

I had two, at least, in addition to some other things (including some Weird Beard back when we all knew an assistant brewer or two there).

I don't remember much else very clearly about that day. That might have been the time we chased down the woman selling ice cream sandwiches from the back of her bicycle. Or not. Who can say for certain?

Greetings drinkers, if you are out and about in the pubs, handy tip. Do not call your bar maid over and call her a dickhead when she is being polite and paying attention to your drunken nonesense. It’s a sure fire way to be refused service or receive frosty service for the remainder of the night

Anyway, moving on from that I decided to have a Laphroaig after I closed down the bar as the manager has the single malts on special at the moment. It was good, very strong taste to it. I wish I could say more but I don’t know too much about whisky.

On 6/12/2018 at 2:10 AM, Signur X said:

I was going to post about being sad about the lack of HC and UHC over here in the States, but then I remembered a few years back we were down in Baltimore for Maryland Death Fest and, while out for our usual Friday drunken shenanigans at Max's Taphouse, discovered that they had Human Cannonball on tap AND WERE SERVING IT IN PINTS!

I had two, at least, in addition to some other things (including some Weird Beard back when we all knew an assistant brewer or two there).

I don't remember much else very clearly about that day. That might have been the time we chased down the woman selling ice cream sandwiches from the back of her bicycle. Or not. Who can say for certain?

I can only report that HC does not drink like a 9% or 9.2% or whatever it is IPA. It's dangerous. That said, jump on if you see it, obviously. Actually we were down in Brighton this past weekend and amongst other beery venues we popped into the Brighton Brewdog bar and tried their collab DIPA with Scofflaw (whom I will I am only aware of from their recent social media controversy). It was in the same sort of ballpark as HC. It's called Double A, so try that if you see it too. But I don't know if it was brewed here or in the US though.

Archived