Slug 'em back - Drinking Continues!

Fragile Bird

I'm pretty buzzed on Zimas right now. Most my friends have switched to Smirnoff Ice, but that stuff's just a passing fad. I'll stick with the original, thank you. Quality will always win out.

After my nightmarish experience with the Budwiser (it was like drinking unhappiness in a can), I'm proud to report that I've gone back to my Screwdriver roots.

Ya'know what goes great with a Screwdriver? Bacon and Eggs. The BF is gonna be so fucking mad when he gets home and there's no more Orange Juice. :P There won't be Vodka either, but that nasty bastard can drink some Bud Lite!!! :P

How many Mad Dogs could six bucks buy?  Coors should have never entered the conversation.

My friends and I used to play beer pong with the old MD 20/20 back in college sometimes to get nice and ripped before hitting the bar. Many a bad choices were made those nights.

we have been kind of remiss in our cocktail exploits lately. we have gone through gin shortages, a lack of ice and only a lone lime in the citrus department when we settled down to have a cocktail.

to try to get over that supreme letdown today i made a coriander syrup for old fashioneds, got a tonic syrup base started and made a punch of rum, tequila, st. germain, lime, lemon, orange, ginger beer and peychauds bitters. 

there has been a serious amount of beer happening around here (no complaints at all), but it is time to reacquaint ourselves with nice cocktails.

My friends and I used to play beer pong with the old MD 20/20 back in college sometimes to get nice and ripped before hitting the bar. Many a bad choices were made those nights.

The fun thing about bad decisions is that they go well with any alcohol.

we have been kind of remiss in our cocktail exploits lately. we have gone through gin shortages, a lack of ice and only a lone lime in the citrus department when we settled down to have a cocktail.

to try to get over that supreme letdown today i made a coriander syrup for old fashioneds, got a tonic syrup base started and made a punch of rum, tequila, st. germain, lime, lemon, orange, ginger beer and peychauds bitters. 

there has been a serious amount of beer happening around here (no complaints at all), but it is time to reacquaint ourselves with nice cocktails.

We had an Old Fashioned with the coriander syrup on Sunday night. It was really hard to tell how great it was because we were well tipsy after some beer and cocktails while out in DC. We'll try again this weekend. We're currently enjoying our first G&Ts with the homemade tonic. The flavour profile is nice but I would like something more in my gin - we're currently drinking Hendricks.

Also, does anyone have any opinions on The Botanist gin?

The Botanist is not assertive enough for the kinds of drinks I prefer. Others like it, so YMMV. If you're looking for something more assertive than Hendricks, then The Botanist may not fit the bill (I found the two to be pretty similar on that scale). Try the Botanivore by St. George instead.

I liked the Botanist to drink pure (As I did Hendricks). Which probably means it will get lost a bit in mixes.

I just had an Aventinus Eisbock, wow that has some nice flavour going on you don't even notice the alcohol content.

Never in the history of mankind has beer pong with a substance other than light beer ended well for the parties involved.

Never in the history of mankind has beer pong with a substance other than light beer ended well for the parties involved.

Luckily for us, cell phones did not yet have cameras. And unluckily for me, I was really, really good at beer pong.

I have only started drinking gin on the last year or so.  I have Tanqueray on my shelf.  Makes me happy but I am sure that like beer I will learn what's better.

Tonight we are drinking Five Barrel Pale because we snagged a growler from Odells.

Usually doesn't end well with light beer either if you play long enough.

See, that is why me and my friends cheat on the rare occasions we feel like playing. We just fill the cups up with water, while everyone drinks their beverage of choice at their own pace. Also, you don't have to drink beer that had a ball in it that was probably rolling around the floor not too long ago. 

Archived